Luxottica Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

TOXIC corporate culture. Think twice.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Pros

Free eye care, jeans and t-shirt dress code, lots of glasses and sunglasses.

Cons

The MOST TOXIC culture of any organization I've been at. Mediocrity is the norm here. This organization is NOT a meritocracy. If you are deemed a smart person, or a high performer, hold tight, you'll have a glass ceiling over your head in a nano second! The few promotions that were given (mostly Director level and above) were to the people who have slept with the"leaders", or are the biggest suck ups you've ever met. More times than I can count, other people were credited with my work, while "praising" me along the way. One is great when they make his/her manager look good, but not good enough to be promoted, as the manager is trying to hold on to the hierarchy. People are a cheap commodity at Luxottica. People with more than 5 years of service are hard to come by. Why? Because tenured associates are routinely disposed of, so cheaper talent can be brought in. It's a revolving door of talent leaving the organization. People come, get the title/experience and leave after experiencing the hostile and backstabbing environment.

Advice to Management

No career paths, whatsoever. Promote your people. Stop fighting among yourselves, the people below you suffer. More times than I can count other people were credited with my work. HR and it's "leaders" have fostered the MOST TOXIC corporate culture of any organization I've been at. Some of the worst offenders were HR "leaders", who not only can't get along with each other, but set an example of lying, cheating and backstabbing. When looking at an organization's culture, look no further than the examples set by it's leadership. Lastly, stop pandering to your associates. There is nothing worst that being lied to your face about how much you "care". ACTIONS speak a lot louder than words. The leadership in Italy needs to clean house of the "leaders" in Mason, Ohio. Unfortunately, the only thing they care about is $$$ and sales numbers...it shows.

2. Tough but fair

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Tough but fair place to work and very updated with 21st century technology.

Cons

Sterile environment needs more laughter.

3. Can't complain, much.

Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Luxottica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay was pretty good, the people I worked with were pretty fun, it was nice.

Cons

the con is....location. I live in a part of Texas where paying $80-$400 for a pair of sunglasses is a bit ridiculous to a lot of people, so reaching your sales quota is super hard.

5. potential

I have been working at Luxottica part-time

Pros

good experience with high end merchandise. Freat micro managing experience

Cons

terribly work hours (hardly enough. shifts are 4 hours a week)

Advice to Management

provide more full time opportunities

Undervalued & Underpaid

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Luxottica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is ok, and the scheduling can be flexible. An employee also has the flexibility to work at any store in the US as long as they have the hours - anytime.

Cons

Good managers and teams are hard to come by - anyone not focused on shortsighted monetary goals are replaced, repositioned, or removed unceremoniously.

Advice to Management

The company seems to take advantage of the fact that it has almost a monopoly on the optics industry, and therefore doesn't invest much into retention, customer care, fair wages, and health. The turnover, in my two years with the company at over 11 locations including Sunglass Hut, LensCrafters, and Sears Optical, is very high and chaotic. In my region (60-South East) it seems to be that the good ole boy system is at play in upper management. No mater how much knowledge, experience, or degree, if you cannot make people buy something and sign up for a credit card, there is no growth potential for you. It is great as a part time job for college but please don't waste your time on trying to build a meaningful career. The millennial market will not tolerate your brand of sales, employment, or micromanagement. It is time to revolutionize the way your business is run because you are loosing contracts with valuable brands, losing the loyalty or customers and seasoned employees.

I have been here a few years now and it is by far the most unprofessional place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Optical Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Optical Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have some great workers who work hard and are good all around people

Cons

This place needs a whole new restart with management and hr. Nothing you say to hr is private they tell everyone what you discuss and are on the management side . They tell you when you decide to leave or they get rid of you that you won't find anything better than here and that you are a loser and good luck with your crap life ..so unprofessional .They said they want you to come to them with issues and solutions to make the place run better but when you do they get offended and mad and tell you if you don't like how they do things or their ideas you can go work somewhere else.they don't treat any of their workers with any respect they see everyone as machines who are expected to do how many jobs they say and when they want them and not make any mistakes.they don't train anyone properly their way of training is a 4 min run through of how to do the job and your expected to hit rate immediAtly or you will be threatened with a write up if you don't.The job requires a good two weeks of training and doing it for a few months to be able to hit quota but they don't care if u don't get what they want immediately they harass you and most people quit. They lie and give people points so that it comes to the point where you can't miss any work and they can also mandatory for overtime whenever they please and they know you must come in because you don't have any points left .they will mandatory some people every day of the week for 12hrs shifts they don't care if you have kids or school they expect you do drop everything and do whatever they need to help the, but don't want to help you.they point you even with family deaths they don't care what happens you are to be at work and hit rate unless your one of managements snitches then you can do nothing and leave early everyday and text and walk around and never get in trouble for anything .this place is such a hostile work environment and management walks around and treats like a prison .they have so many great people working their that deserve better the people are the only thing that keep me their until I find another job I wouldn't reccome c this place to anyone the much nicer and professional lab is down the street called vsp you can work here for 15 years and still do the same job but they will promote someone who bends to what they say and tell them how great they are when they have no experience in a area whatsoever.dont expect a raise either your lucky to get a 10cent yearly raise most people. Are about the same as a new hire that have been there 10+ years

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to step in and take out all the people who are power hungry and don't know how to treat human beings and remake management from scratch or this place will continue to go down in production as it is right now and you will continue to lose all your new and veteran employees

Facility Leadership is lacking, but if you get the right boss, you're good

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the pros would be the perks. If you wear glasses, you can get a free pair (Frames have to cost $500 or less). As someone who wears glasses, this comes in very handy. If you get a good boss, you're good. I was fortunate enough to have a great boss.

Cons

The point system for tardiness or missing work is pretty stupid though. People tend to make promises they can't keep..

9. Great potential but management varies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Luxottica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive upbeat company. They are always trying to improve their process. The perks of sunglasses were nice.

Cons

Constant change in management was difficult. The biggest struggle was working inside of a Macy's store. Sunglass Hut and Macy's did not always see eye to eye

Advice to Management

Contest for Managers was great but it does not encourage the staff to work harder because we did not win the trips or money

10. Take the good with the bad.

Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Sunglass Hut Store Manager in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the Luxottica employee discount. The job at SGH allows for alot of independence so you feel like you are running your own business. I make my own schedule which is awesome and I make the customer happy.

Cons

Field management is very inconsistent. You pretty much have to do whatever it takes to make the customer shut up so you don't get a customer complaint. You are also alone in the store most of the time. The company pays more to outside hires than inside promotions.

Advice to Management

Reward your best selling/managing staff if you want them to stay. Pay them more or someone else will.

Sales

Pros

Easy scheduling from college to home.

Cons

Bad customer relations and treat employees poorly

RSS Feed </> Embed