Lynd Company

Updated Dec 7, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Lynd

A great professional growth opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lynd Company

ProsHigh-growth, employees are empowered, inclusion, diverse workforce, employees are encouraged to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement, provide training to employees to help them perform their jobs successfully, use technology to provide real time data to investors and owners, employees are awarded for meeting performance expectations.

ConsRate of growth and change can be intense, constant change can be difficult to handle, senior management are "A" personalities,

Horrible company to work for, would not recommend to anyone!

Special Ops (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Lynd Company full-time for more than a year

ProsSome traveling, meeting a pretty decent amount of good employees.

ConsWhere do I start? As a leasing agent you get no commission on new leases (something every other company offers) but you will receive commission on renewals which is something low like $25 which will be paid to you like 3 months later, but if that resident is late on rent guess what? You receive $0! (Which is total bs) as a assistant manager you're lucky if you receive $15 an hour and if you hit bonus after taxes it's something like $300 so if you hit bonus on all 4 quarters you received a whopping $1200 in bonuses foe the year... They expect so much from their employees but yet fail to show any compensation or thankfulness for your hard work. As a manager you STILL don't get paid the salary of other companies and still get treated like crap because your not really the manager of the property nearly everything you do has to get approval by your regional manager who needs approval from the regional Vice President all to get your resident who's been without a working appliance for a week! Ridiculous! The absolute worst title to have in the company is these poor recent college grads they hire as "special ops" they make them do maintenance, leasing, marketing, and all sorts of other slave labor for what? A potential to become a manager, which has translated into maybe 3 of over 100 of them to actually do so, SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING, GET THE HINT!!!

It's not easy nor fun to work for a company nearly everyone dispies, if your looking for employment look else where. You'll be happy you did.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a lot of very skilled and willing employees that should be given more opportunity and better pay, your company has your family's name in it, honor your name and make it something not everyone curses at as soon as they hear it!

Unproffesional and dissapointing

Leasing Agent (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Lynd Company full-time for less than a year

ProsPay is somewhat OK.. nothing special.

ConsNo commissions for leasing agents, DM's only care about money, Very un-organized, People move their way up in the company by being best friends with District Managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your DM's.

The other bad review nailed it!

I have been working at Lynd Company full-time

ProsThey can give you a pay check.

ConsPretty much everything the other 2 bad reviews said is the straight up truth. Whoever wrote the positive review either was lucky enough to have a good experience are is simply someone from the company adding a good review.

Bad pay; bad benefits; bad communication; lies; fail to deliver on promises; they prey on college students with "Special Ops" program; they will ask you to lure your friends in for leasing for around 10 bucks an hour; currently they only pay out commissions on renewals and not very much. On their last quarterly call they failed at 4 huge projects yet still slap each other on the back at corporate for their percentages. They are a joke in the industry and will remain so.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are ruining your reputation with the future leaders of the industry and we do not forget.

The worst company I have ever experienced in any industry

San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lynd Company full-time for more than a year

ProsI really can't think of anything. Even fingrprinting to clock in and out is flawed. It works for lynd because they don't pay you for a single minute extra and can dock you if you're salary but if you work overtime, either you're salary and it doesn't matter or hourly some can (and has) go in and adjust it. If you argue it, then they just write you up for working the overtime they asked you to work. Poor communication and/or unorganization is a huge problem resulting in a lot of last minute demands.

ConsThe entire company structure is based on micromanaging. Its the McDonalds of property management with worse benefits. The bottomline is profit, and keeping expenses low. For employees that means poor pay,poor benefits, minimal bonus structure , expensive low quality after tax required uniforms, being encouraged if not forced to work off the clock. Then being encouraged to pass along the same nickle and diming techniques to your residents. Ill give an example. In a training class it was brought up that the lease contract states that upon move out, unless a resident can provide a reciept for a professional carpet clean, we should be charging every move out for a carpet clean, no matter if there was actual damage or not because that is extra income. The mentality is so strong that someone actually asked if that still applied to their property because they have concrete floors. The regional managers are all extremely in experienced, most that I know are twenty something with very little knowlege of the laws that apply to our industry. This company has a very poor sence of ethics. The owner is the epitomy of the greedy stereotypical ceo, and each time I have had him speak to our group it was always demeaning and filled with curse words, especially the f word. There is no value in working smarter as every task is standardized, with extra tasks to ensure the standardization, which is why the workload is so much more with this company. They are not looking for good employees, they are just looking for bodies too fill the spot. Which is why they pay so poor, they can always find some other naive cookie cutter to fill your spot. Politics come into play quite a bit. This company even uses its high turnover to its advantage, by paying what little comissions earned up to 3 months later, so who ever quits or is let go they don't have to pay. With other companies comissions were almost always over 1000 a month and with lynd, I am lucky to see 200 a quarter. We only get paid for renewals, not new move ins and there are even several other factors that can make your 25 dollar renewal bonus invalid, like if they pay late on rent. If you are going to work on site at a property, find another company to work for. You'll make more, be happier, and have a more balanced workload. Plus you won't have to wear the fast food quality uniforms for 40 to 80 a pop.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy waste my breathe?

By far the worst company I have ever worked for.

I have been working at Lynd Company full-time for less than a year

ProsThey do give promotions, with out necessarily having the experience needed by any other company, but don't expect to get paid equal to what other companies would pay for that position as well.

ConsThe worst benefits of any company I have ever worked for. The insurance covers nothing and is over priced, 5 sick days, no 401k matching, no maternity leave unless the beginning of your pregnancy happens to fall during benefits enrollment. Salary employees work well over 40 hours in a work week, but still get paycheck docked for a doctors appointment from paycheck.
The company overall is very inconsistent, the different levels of leadership overall are very inexperienced and its very hard to get information needed to do your job. The owners and upper management are very unprofessional. Some people think its cool to have owners and leaders who cuss like sailors, I find it to be a turn off. especially when its in the introduction. Staff at the properties must buy the uniforms that then come deducted from the paychecks AFTER tax. 30-40$ a shirt so they are fairly expensive for very poor quality. Working off the clock and for free is strongly encouraged if you want to "get ahead"

At the end of the day, my issue is this company puts no value in its employees. They make no attempt to even appear to care. Luckily I haven't had any issues yet where this mattered. If you don't like something(like working off the clock), the attitude is they can find someone else who will do it cheaper. They ask for more than any other company I have ever worked for, but compensate the worst. And as for being easy to talk too, I dare you to ask a serious question one on one, to any one from the corporate office. They'll be very condescending, and remind you of "your place" beneath them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to terms with where your value is. Your employees deserve much better. You may get results because people are afraid to lose their jobs, but you'd get better results from people who are treated well.

Worked for Lynd Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lynd Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lynd Company CEO Michael Lynd. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Lynd Company employees.