Lyon Real Estate

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael P Lyon

Great family atmosphere. Broker and other Realtors always happy to help.

Realtor (Current Employee) El Dorado Hills, CA

ProsEthical and Customer Oriented. Great Marketing and technology advancements

ConsWas utilizing an older customer database system.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for all of the technology advancements coming in July!

Look at the reviews-50% approve of the CEO... hmmm yet we see employees boosting Lyon's-it's only in their best interest

Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThey are organized, I'll give them that. You get updates on Real Estate activity, that's good too. You feel like you are working for this "wonderful professional place..."

ConsDon't go there if you are new. You are charged the same to work for Lyon's as they charged their employees during the boom. You literally pay them to work there, and since many agents there have affiliations with other programs that rule the roost here in Sacramento, they force you to join and pay in to Realtor, PCAR, SAR, anything they can get you to fund-and it's not an option. Other companies offer far better deals. Most of the good leads seem to filter their way to the seasoned people (of course right?), including the internet which funnels exactly where they want it to go. There is little incentive to work for Lyon's, and they only make a token attempt at keeping up with new tech. Lot's of older people working there (very old). If you speak out against this company it's sure to haunt you in this market and everyone knows it. Time for a change. You also feel pressured to use their loan company-every week is an attempt at capturing your loyalty for the loan company. When you get around the loan people aside from the show-they don't seem that wonderful. If you did have something bad to say about the business (shhhh!) then you feel you would be ostracized, and you probably would be. Emperor's new clothes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour CEO needs to take the reputation of the business far more seriously-really, how shameful. You need younger blood. You also need to get more serious about your internet-the pages for the reps are a joke. Sounds like the wrong people are calling the shots there, they make plenty of money and don't need to change.

Absolutely the best real estate firm in Sacramento

Prostechnology, knowledgeable and engaged management

Consnone that come to mind

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love working here. Such a wonderful family atomosphere

Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) El Dorado Hills, CA

Prosagents are there for each other. always encouriging everybody... it's just a great place to work and hang your license

Consthere are none at this time

Advice to Senior Managementcan't think of any at this time

They really care about you and if you do your job well there are many avenues to move up in the organization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

Prosadvancement, benefits, culture is fantastic, they believe that having fun is a key to a great work place. Senior management is very progressive. They are very consistent in how outlying branches are run. They pull everyone together multiple times a year so we can meet the whole staff. There human resources department is very well run and I always had a place to call when I felt there was a problem. They treat everyone equally when it comes to moving up in the organization and they try and hire from within first. I really like that I was given an opportunity to move up in the organization even thought I was 100 miles from Headquarters. The culture is very nurturing too.

Conslocations that are remote and are not as visible to management. The real estate agents can be rude at times but most of the time they treat you with respect. Top producing real estate agents get away with more than the lesser producing agents when it comes to incomplete paperwork that needs to be turned in.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to visit outlying locations more often. Then they could see how the staff was dealing with issues that are relevant to that location.

Very progressive company with strong principles, ethics, and professionalism

Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) Folsom, CA

ProsThe atmosphere and professionalism is exceptional. It is a very cooperative and sharing work environment with an excellent administrative staff and management.

ConsOnly downside as of recent is Mike Lyon's personal life, but it has had a very minimal impact on our business because he surrounded himself with a astute and intelligent executive management team that has a very strong leadership style and progressive mind-set.

Great prt-time job and excellent company for those just starting a career in Real Estate.

Sales (Former Employee) Folsom, CA

ProsWork when and how much you want. You decide your salary. I did this as a part time gig for almost 10 years and had a blast doing it.

ConsNo benefits or base salary. 100% comission. If you seek a stable base this is not the place you want to work. This is for those willing to take the risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some type of pooled health insurance option. Encourage employyes to attend every training class that is offered to further their knowledge of the business.

Lyon Real Estate is an excellent real estate company!

Realtor (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsI worked at Lyon Real Estate till 2006. Lyon Real Estate has arguably the best reputation in the Sacramento area, and has consistently been one of the top performing real estate companies. I believe this is because Lyon focuses on giving the properties listed with them lots of exposure through printed and online advertising. Also, it has an excellent training program and great support for making the most of your real estate career. My fellow Lyon Realtors were very nice, generous people who were very helpful, supportive, and encouraging. Trend Graphics information and statistics were invaluable tools in educating clients on the current housing situation.

ConsBecause of all the extra services, support, and advertising that Lyon does, their split may not be as favorable as other real estate companies that offer less. You may be forced to pay an amount per month as a "technology" fee. It was $50 per month when I was there. Overall this is an excellent company and I personally think they are the best real estate company to work for in the Sacramento area.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrend Graphix was an extremely illuminating and helpful tool in educating clients about the current state of the market. Though I have not worked with you for a few years, if you are continuing to focus on having your agents know the market the best, and putting your money into advertising the listings, I think you will continue to be successful for years to come.

Worked for Lyon Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!