Lyris Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Strong management with a clear vision

I have been working at Lyris

Pros

Great Leadership, we have a clear vision and support from senior management to achieve and surpass our goals. Dedicated group of people who understand the vision and truly want to be here. Managers are open to ideas and suggestions from new team members.

Cons

I would like to see more employee events to help continue building a strong team

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Lyris is poised to drive business growth. The platform has been re-calibrated for an empowered brand experience.

I have been working at Lyris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The existing domain expertise coupled with superior technology make for exciting times. We recently entertained several analysts and they all have validated our approach and vision. The new VP are all well seasoned and enthusiastic on our forward-thinking.

Cons

Most companies have incumbents so engagements are displacements where the unseating can be tough.

Startup environment, highly motivated and energized team, strong new leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Joined Lyris recently. Felt very welcome by the team. Everyone is friendly, sincere, and hard working. Colleagues I met at Lyris today have been there a while, are excited about the new vision, and are working to capture the opportunity ahead with renewed startup energy. The new leadership that has been in place since 2013 has been executing sensible steps towards securing Lyris' future growth path. I was speculating that this would be an opportune time to join Lyris. Now that I am part of the team I do find that confirmed. I give the leadership direction and staff a big thumbs up.Would recommend Lyris to anyone interested in a career opportunity.

Cons

Digital marketing is where it's at but it is also a highly competitive market place. Join the fun if you are ready to compete in the big league,

Advice to Management

Two thumbs up on the course we're on.

The company is willing, but has NO idea how to truly be better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Lyris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free soda. Free parking. Easy commute (if you are in SF or in Oakland). The benefits are okay as well.

Cons

Worst morale I've ever seen at a company. They demand every employee to be better. But when you ask management how to do so, they just say "be better". There is no direction from management that is actually helpful. Also, they are absolutely out of touch with what competitors are doing. Their best employees leave because they try to implement change, but when upper management sees no immediate success, they scrap plans. In the end, they do what is tried and true. Yes, that means the innovation is non-existent. This goes across every single department - but especially true in Sales, Marketing and Tech.

Advice to Management

Forget firing the CEO. Ask the Board what they truly want out of the company. Also, try poaching from competitors. Constantly hiring from outside the industry at the C-Level helps no one. That's not a fresh perspective. It's a naive perspective.

it's a big mess.....

I worked at Lyris

Pros

nothing positive to say about it

Cons

nepotism and management failure and promoting only the bad guys....

Advice to Management

introduce Ethics in your company first before to do anything else

Not a great company to work for

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Lyris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if you are lucky to get into certain teams there are some smart developers from whom you can learn a lot from.

Cons

Management is very opaque. No collaborative culture

Change and more change so messed up

I have been working at Lyris

Pros

East bay employer with cool offices.

Cons

When you think you have this figure out, it all changes. Just last wee we had another CEO change. The other one was not anything to brag about yet I am not sure that new one is any better. The numbers keep going down, the pressure keeps going up.

Advice to Management

Here we go again. New vp's new vision. Really? Perhaps we need a. New board.

I am very happy at Lyris for a number of reasons

Current Employee - Lyris Team Member in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Lyris Team Member in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Lyris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lyris is far from perfect but the negative reviews below have me shaking my head. It's a small company, I have pretty good visibility in to what is happening in the different departments and unless we have some secret office of doom hidden in another building that I don 't know about some of the reviews seem to be just made up, fabrications from unhappy people(probably no longer here) that take a single negative thing and turn it into their full reality. We have absolutely struggled with delivery against vision but for the past 8 months or so (maybe a little less) have a clearly articulated and well communicated vision that we are aligned to and delivering against. I feel that we recognize our problems and business challenges and are dealing with everything head on. For the right kind of person business challenges are motivating, you get to come to work and figure out every day how to do things a little bit better. It isn't a company to work at to just collect a paycheck, it is however a wonderful place to be if you want to be part of a team, part of a solution and want to use your expertise and ability to really figure out the best way to do things. Is it going to be easy? No. Are we guaranteed to become the most successful company in the history of the world? No. Is there is some risk associated with delivery? Yes Is the market for our product competitve? Yes. Is this a pleasant place to come to every day with a respectful culture and nice, smart co-workers? Yes. Are we building interesting products using current technology and providing engineers with interesting technical challenges and great experience? Yes. Is it ever boring? Absolutely not!

Cons

I think I have said it all above and my cons are not necessarily somone elses cons. We are a scrappy, feisty company that is far from perfect. There is a lot of work to do but the plans are in place. That may be a con for some people.

Advice to Management

We just need to stay focused on our end goal, pay great attention to our current customers and prove the people in the secret office of doom(see above) wrong!

There are some great people, but the emporer has no clothes.

I worked at Lyris full-time

Pros

Really nice people for the most part, Free beer and wine fridge, Fresh fruit Wednesdays

Cons

It's email marketing, Personally I think the company is in a death spiral, big parties to release vapor ware, lost sight of its core products There is a lot of management by fire. I saw a lot of top management leave including the CEO.

Advice to Management

Quit being so quick to clean house your constant turn over makes you look like a disaster. People are unhappy. Focus on the products that brought you to the dance.

Run... Really just run

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Lyris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location assuming you live in the east bay. Free drinks and some cool people still here. That is it.

Cons

Where to start. New CEO (previous one not better). Company use to be someone one / something. At this point there is no leadership. People are just collecting a salary. It is just a matter if time before this business is done (bought out liquidation a style or bankrupted). Lots of upper management pressure yet they are all a joke. Not one of them cares about anything but their salary. Product lags, customers are not happy and life in general is not fun.

Advice to Management

Good luck. Things need to change drastically.

RSS Feed </> Embed