M-I SWACO

Add Photos

Joe Bacho

Great starter company

Chemist II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros3 weeks vacation, 7 personal days and 2 holidays per yr.
    Depending on the Department, there is great learning opportunities including classes to become IFE and IWA certified. Friendly and professional environment.

ConsSchlumberger is a service company not an operator.

Good global company with opportunity and career development

ProsGreat opportunities on global scale.

ConsHaven't run into any cons that would be unique to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

The money is not good at all compared to other service companies in the state.

Operator (Former Employee) Prudhoe Bay, AK

ProsSome of the field employees are fun to work with, committed to working safely and developing other employees.

ConsDon't expect to make a great wage, or expect to receive anything more for working hard. The laziest employees don't get fired, they get moved from one job to the next to become someone else's problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit adding more obstacles to employee advancement and compensate them for the value they add to the company. Many of them feel used and cheated while SLB does nothing to promote better wages and they try to discredit anyone who speaks against their short-sighted business strategies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

the place was excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthere is great opportunity for advancement

ConsThere are no cons at all working here

Terrible to work for.

Operator (Current Employee) Kilgore, TX

ProsThe schlumberger benefits are great. Insurance was the best I ever had. Awesome att phone discount available to employees 23%.

ConsHours and locations are terrible. They act like any time off is a personal favor. No order to the chaos. Management is very combative they want control over your whole life even where you stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your underlings as human beings for a start.

Very fair management.

Senior Drilling Fluids Specialist (Current Employee) Harvey, LA

ProsMostly long term contract type work on very new deepwater and ultra deepwater rigs. Pay structure is very fair.

ConsConstant changes in policy with SLB buyout.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Not bad, except for opportunity of growth

ProsThe pay is good when hours are available. There is an opportunity to drive a company vehicle in most cases. There is flexibility in most positions.

ConsSmall opportunity for growth and development. Oilfield service companies work the same hours as the oilfield, all day every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease opportunities for training and moving up the ladder for employees that earn it.

The equipment is cutting edge and the pay at first was phenomenal then things changed.

Solids Control Tech (Former Employee) Farmington, NM

ProsAs stated above the equipment was nice and health coverage at the time was also a good thing to have.

ConsI had to deal with having two of my paychecks taken from me as illegal deductions, all because i was given too many hours on one of my paychecks due to a clerical error. I offered to work with the company to pay back the sum in installments but they refused.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who work for you they are you're roots and without happy employees you're competitors have a leg up. And always be aware of employees "Padding Hours" i have seen more then a handful do this pitiful practice.

They were very good prior to sale to Schlumberger

Fluids Engineer (Current Employee) Prudhoe Bay, AK

ProsGood schedule, used to be well paid. Used to have paid vacations

ConsSchlumberger influence taking over, lots of stress, lack of communication, obvious greed at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your policies, appreciate your people and their experience, stop screwing people

good company and job

Drilling Fluids Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe company is professional and the money was good. the training i received in the beginning was very very professional.

Consworking away from home and family. from my stand point i had to begin spending more time with my family

Advice to Senior Managementnill

Worked for M-I SWACO? Contribute to the Community!