M&K Consulting

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Michael D. Papa

I really like my new job

Louisville, KY

ProsI started at M&K a little less than 6 weeks ago and I've already made almost $5,000 so the money is great which is actually the reason why I started! I really liked their interview process and the people I met so I figured I'd give it a try and I'm really glad that I did. The owner is great and so are my co-workers. Everyone is really friendly and the overall feeling of the office is inviting. We do fun stuff in the office rather than a typical boring workday where you're watching the clock all day long and I'm learning more about myself as a person than I ever have before. I thought I was a professional person before but they're teaching me a lot of the do's and don't of business that I've never been explained in the past. This job has also taught me a lot about communicating with people. How to have an effective conversation for instance. Everything at M&K is handled with integrity which I like, they're a shoot em straight kinda company which I respect, no one lies to their clients or manipulates to gain a new account which is different from any other marketing job I've had before. The service sells itself and I'm proud of what I do so the sales come easy. The training was really in detailed and paid so I had no problem catching on and I didn't have to wait forever for my paychecks to start coming which I was thankful for because I was really scraping by since I had been out of work for awhile. Oh yea and the bonuses that they pay out every week are cool, I like free money just for doing my job.

ConsIf you aren't willing to work then you will not get promoted at this company. If you don't genuinely like people then don't apply. Yes the hours are long, all full time jobs have long hours, you will spend 9 hours a day at any place where you can take a lunch...which is mandatory in the state of Kentucky if you work over 6 hours, hence the word FULL time ;)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints from me, keep it up, I'm making money and I like it

Very Unprofessional Experience

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsNever got to experience this.

ConsWas offered job and when I asked for the offer in writing, they assured me somebody would contact me the next day, I never heard from them again. Very sketchy company and experience. Door to door sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct professionally.

Won't let you grow professionally, stategically because its door to door sales

Louisville, KY

ProsSome people working there are nice. Meeting new people was fun only if they wanted to buy what I was selling. Weekly pay.

ConsYou need to work 6 days a week 9-9.5 hrs a day. So basically, be prepared to kill your social life. Job is commission based. You use your car, gas, time without base pay. Some day you make money and some day you don't. Some week you make money some week you make really less money. So its like risking your time and energy. Walking for 5-6 hours a day can be frustrating because Louisville has extreme weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no point to dress professional for 2 hours in the morning because rest of the day you are some ordinary person wearing sales rep cloths and tag, wondering around the city like a dog sweating; asking people if they wanna bundle with AT&T. Try not to lure people seeking jobs by showing them what you are not. Giving false promises of promotions, asking to wear professional and making it sound like its the best career because its ridiculous.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The good and the not so good...

Louisville, KY

ProsIf you are young, working here is a truly motivating experience that will benefit you in future endeavors. A good place to be during a rough job market, complete with a fun atmosphere and young, interesting people. Perfect introductory job for learning and refining selling skills.

ConsThis is not a job for a person looking to start a career where they can grow within the company. Also, the client's customer service isn't very good which made it difficult to stand behind a quality product.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard. More than anything, I respect the manager's drive to succeed.

Opportunity!

Louisville, KY

ProsM&K Consulting has an energetic, upbeat atmosphere. What I love about the company is that it's purely merit based. I am actually rewarded for my hard work. I have worked at other companies where I work harder than other people but just because they have been there longer they get paid more. I get the opportunity to train and interview and really sharpen my leadership skills, even if this is not where I end up I know I have developed many skills that other companies will not allow me to develop which will help me in my future career path.

ConsHours can be long and it's performance based, you get what you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the open door policy!

It's a very family oriented work force will young professionals who all have the drive towards a common goal.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsThe pros like I said are family oriented, the all hang out together and get along, typically something you never see in a job. The company is growing and my co workers and I always talked about expansion into different markets. It' was a fun, competitive atmosphere and I really got motivated by just being here. I woke up and couldn't wait to get to work and start my day.

ConsThere was really no cons to the company, but if I had to pick one it would be that M&K Consulting is not in the location I moved to with my family when I had to resign my position. Also the office size, they are growing rapidly and may need to tear down the wall or two to add more space, hence the consistent talk about expansion. Overall, perfect place to be and if they add a location near me, I would most certainly would work for Michael Papa again.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep setting the pace in the industry and maintain the consistent positive vibe in the office. Everyone feeds off the excitement.

Worked for M&K Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&K Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M&K Consulting CEO Michael D. Papa. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by M&K Consulting employees.