M4i Reviews

3.7
CEO

Real Opportunity, Awesome Management

I have been working at M4i full-time

Pros

What attracted me to M4i from the moment I walked in the door was the inviting atmosphere. The management team is awesome. Michael is valued by his team and Staples. He has been extremely successful due to leading his team from the front and caring for his employees like family. I had zero experience in sales or marketing and the training program taught me everything I need to know. The training never really stops either. The professional and personal development that I have gained at M4i has paved a very successful path for me in whatever my future endeavors might entail.

Cons

The hours are a bit longer than your typical 9-5 clock in, clock out "job." Pay is performance based. However, after seeing the financial freedom in this opportunity and never being capped out on an income, no matter my efforts wouldn't really be considered a con.

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP! You are a great mentor and manager and your team is lucky to have your guidance.

2. Great People, Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at M4i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the people at M4i. Everybody seemed very motivated and ambitious to learn and develop within the company.

I especially liked how structured everything felt and it really gave me a sense of confidence that this company was really heading in a great direction. I've been apart of companies where it seemed like "meetings" were being ran just to run them. Not with M4i, it really seemed like the company had a plan in place each day to set everyone up for success.

I unfortunately had to move on from the company due to my husband being relocated to another state. I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone within the company and I would love to find another company similar to it in the future.

Cons

Sometimes I need someone breathing down my neck to help push and motivate me, which was kind of the opposite of their philosophy. They believe much more in giving you an entreprenuerial approach where you can be a little bit more free. Don't get me wrong, I loved the freedom, but I could have maybe used a little more micromanaging.

Advice to Management

Keep making things fresh and innovative. You guys are great!

Great Place to Work! LOVE the environment and encouragement!

I worked at M4i

Pros

I love the environment and constant motivation! Mike is a great person to work for! My favorite part was the personal development. I learned things such as time management, organization, leadership, and most importantly was able to develop my communication skills.

Cons

The reason I left the company was it was a bit too far for me. I would leave work at 6 and not get home till 7:30/8. I told him If they open an office closer to me i would definitely want to be considered for that location!

Advice to Management

The only thing I would say is more contests because I am very competitive and motivated by that!

Not For College Grads

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at M4i full-time

Pros

They are right about the "hobby" part. You really have to consider this a hobby because you barely get paid to do it.

Cons

They are liars and they will hire anyone with a pulse as long as you seem eager enough. No need for a degree (or even a HS diploma for that matter). They lie and tell you about this competitive salary and how you'll love the job if you're a "sports minded" person. TRANSLATION: You're paid on a commission-only basis & you have to work long hours going door to door selling whatever crap it is they're selling now (It was CELL PHONE SERVICE when I got interviewed, but according to their responses, they never sold cell phone service so who knows if this company is even real).

Advice to Management

I have an email from you guys stating exactly what it is that you do. I made sure to send an email right after my interview letting you know how misleading you are, and you responded back acknowledging my bad experience. You didn't deny selling cell phone service in the email either. Shall I post this email? Also, how is it that you're located in Chicago, but you have a 630 (West/SouthWest suburbs) phone number as an office phone? OH & another piece of advice: STOP posting fake comments on here. You can tell its the same person posting the same reviews. The words they use and the fact that all of the "happy employees" use this Michael person's name and refer to the job as a "hobby" are what gives you away. This company is a straight up joke.

M4i Response

Jun 15, 2015President

It really is unfortunate that the same negative posts seem to be coming from the same 1 or 2 individuals that had a bad experience with a firm that worked/works with a cell-phone carrier.

Our firm
    ... More

6. Look! They Lie Yet Again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at M4i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A couple good looking people, and chance to advance your "career"...
    Also, they have some fun events outside of work where they all get hammered drunk together in celebration of the week being over. To the effect that for the weekend they don't feel completely miserable in their essentially 6am-6pm sales positions.

Cons

Simply stated, it's a Sales Mill. All of the reviews regarding door-to-door sales of cell phone plans are true. You'll see responses from the President saying something along the lines of, "you must not have been working at m4i" or "we've never sold cell phone plans". And those are just straight forward lies. They would dispatch groups of sales people to go out into the field, specifically the ghetto for new hires, and attempt to sell these people on switching to a "better" carrier (not better at all lol). All of which was performance based. If you're looking for a marketing career, not a door-to-door sales career, I would not recommend even the thought of m4i as a vantage point. Furthermore, the upper "management" just delegate territories to the sales associates while they sit back and collect a bigger check. Not to mention the company doesn't pay a dime for work expenses.

Happy I got out of there while I could. In less than a week, I found a much more promising job as far as career development, as well as a salary nearly triple I was earning here at m4i, with FULL benefits.

Guarantee someone from the company with reply to this and bash my review.
    But people, you've been forewarned.....

Advice to Management

The facade you put out to unknowing recruits about your company is cruel. I applaud and respect your passion for that, but don't cheat yourself thinking you operate an actual business.

7. Do not do it!

I worked at M4i

Pros

People can be pretty good, but not much else positive there.

Cons

They lie right away about the pay. They trick you into thinking there is a base pay, but there is not. It is a door to door sales job. That is all it is. They try to make it sound better because they know saying door to door will not attract anyone. They try to feed this whole get rich quick thing and a lot of people buy it. No benefits. No paid time off, no insurance, nothing.DON'T DO IT!

Advice to Management

Just be up front about it. And stop posting fake comments on here.

M4i Response

Jun 4, 2015President

No one has worked for M4i and sold cell phones/plans. If you think you did, give us a call at (630)854-3401. Also, if you have any paperwork from a company that said they were M4i, let us know ... More

Company culture you can love!

I have been working at M4i

Pros

I really loved the people I worked with, and the friendships that were formed. Everyone was very helpful to get eachother up to speed, and there's nothing but transparancy within m4i! Work hard and play hard!

Cons

The work day can run a little long, but I don't know any companies out there that aren't like that. The difference really comes down to who and how you're spending that time. It helps that good people are there to support you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, and stay the course! We often call the job a hobby because it doesn't always feel like work. I love that in a workforce!

Great Opportunity for Growth and Learning Experience

I worked at M4i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great environment every morning at the office, fun atmosphere and definitely had an awesome time interacting with co-workers.
    - An awesome opportunity for growth. Solely depended on the individuals work ethic, attitude, and performance for advancement within the company.
    - Don't have to sit in a chair on a desk or in a cubicle all day, you get to go out meet/see all different types of people and businesses which was very interesting.
    - What you put in, is what you get. This was always a positive for me.
    - Team night and crew nights were always a blast. You get to do different types of activities such as; laser tag, trampoline dodge-ball, whirly-ball, etc.

Cons

No cons really just that this job is recommended for people who have great time management, attitude, work ethic and have a personable personality.

Avoid.

I worked at M4i

Pros

No pros other than gaining experience talking to other human beings. That's really it.

Cons

The payment arrangement is dishonest. You are told you will receive 500 a week. What they fail to emphasize is the fact that you have to hit the quota of 1800 a week in order to even receive said pay. I was also told that it was a mistake on the interviewers part. However, that was just a ruse to make me feel as if it was done by mistake. It wasn't. The HR people purposely avoid talking about the pay in great detail in order to get you to take the job. Lying by omission. Look it up. Also, I was told to go to michael with the questions in regards to the pay....by the HR employees. Keep in mind that that is their job. And they can't even do that.

Advice to Management

Stop being so misleading and get to the point. Also, those weekly team meet ups are ridiculous and you need to tone it down.

Competitive Sales/Marketing job with Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Lead Account Executive
    Current Employee - Lead Account Executive

I have been working at M4i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like many people, when I came to M4i as a new college graduate I was a bit skeptical. However, I quickly discovered a career-orientated opportunity that, at its core, was focused on learning how to become a successful business owner while having great fun.
    The office culture is one of the best I have experienced. There is a true sense of a team atmosphere. My colleagues wanted to see me succeed and they were willing to do whatever it took to help me reach my goals. Although I decided to leave based on other personal endeavors, my time at M4i has taught me many valuable skills that can be carried over to nearly any and all careers.
    If you are a fun-loving person who is looking for a career that offers endless learning opportunity and growth, and is interested in becoming a successful entrepreneur, a position at M4i will be a great fit.

Cons

Coming into the interview, I was uncertain as to what I was exactly getting myself into. Other than a sense of ambiguity at the very beginning, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at M4i.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to make certain that new hires fully understand the minute, yet important, details of the pay structure (i.e. bonuses) and their contingency. Besides that, Michael is a great manager and leader. He truly cares for his employees and wants to see them succeed, and is also willing to go the extra mile to help them get where they want to be.

RSS Feed </> Embed