M4i Reviews

Updated March 31, 2015
16 reviews filtered by
3.6
CEO

A company that transmits equal opportunity & a diverting work experience!

I worked at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I cherished my colleagues and the executives. I respected the training and management that I accomplished along the way.

Cons

There is no such thing as perfection. There were days that were arduous, but positive thinking played an important role with success. Therefore, working for M4i was nothing but of joy.

Nowadays, it is strenuous to find a job with an environment enjoyable enough to succeed in. With M4i, a job became a hobby and a boss became a mentor and a friend. I appreciated the equal opportunity they provided for everyone. With me having zero experience in the field, I was trained with the premium executives that M4i possessed. I was able to acquire imperative training that helped me succeed as an Account Executive. With the company's effective training, I was able to get promoted as a Lead Account Executive. Due to unruly circumstances, I as not agile to lengthen my stay with the company. All in all, my experience with M4i were no shorter than bliss.

2. BLATANTLY LIED ABOUT WHAT THEY DO. DOOR to DOOR SELLING IN BAD NEIGHBOORHOODS. DONT GO TO WASTE OF MONEY & GAS

I have been working at M4i

Pros

Obviously nothing. I had a really bad experience and feel bad for the people that work there now. They clearly have no self worth when it comes to their ability to do good in the workforce.

Cons

They offer you an interview in some sketchy life storage place and Mike the "president" who's actually kinda hot tries to sell you bull on how it's a great company and how you will eventually Market for them. Little does he tell you it's DOOR TO DOOR SELLING IN BAD NEIGHBOOR HOODS! Do not even go to the interview it's a waste of gas money and time. They took me to little Puerto Rico to a medical building and tried to sell staples equipment to each office and crying babies and sick kids were everywhere. The people were annoyed and getting pissed. Made me follow them in my own car and park in sketchy places.

If you're trying to hire smart people think again. Nobody is that dumb. People out of college are too smart to do this. You mind as well tell them they need a GED and they're good. Scam artists. 100 commission too.

Great Opportunity for Growth and Learning Experience

I worked at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Great environment every morning at the office, fun atmosphere and definitely had an awesome time interacting with co-workers.
    - An awesome opportunity for growth. Solely depended on the individuals work ethic, attitude, and performance for advancement within the company.
    - Don't have to sit in a chair on a desk or in a cubicle all day, you get to go out meet/see all different types of people and businesses which was very interesting.
    - What you put in, is what you get. This was always a positive for me.
    - Team night and crew nights were always a blast. You get to do different types of activities such as; laser tag, trampoline dodge-ball, whirly-ball, etc.

Cons

No cons really just that this job is recommended for people who have great time management, attitude, work ethic and have a personable personality.

Avoid.

I worked at M4i

Pros

No pros other than gaining experience talking to other human beings. That's really it.

Cons

The payment arrangement is dishonest. You are told you will receive 500 a week. What they fail to emphasize is the fact that you have to hit the quota of 1800 a week in order to even receive said pay. I was also told that it was a mistake on the interviewers part. However, that was just a ruse to make me feel as if it was done by mistake. It wasn't. The HR people purposely avoid talking about the pay in great detail in order to get you to take the job. Lying by omission. Look it up. Also, I was told to go to michael with the questions in regards to the pay....by the HR employees. Keep in mind that that is their job. And they can't even do that.

Stop being so misleading and get to the point. Also, those weekly team meet ups are ridiculous and you need to tone it down.

Competitive Sales/Marketing job with Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Lead Account Executive
    Current Employee - Lead Account Executive

I have been working at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Like many people, when I came to M4i as a new college graduate I was a bit skeptical. However, I quickly discovered a career-orientated opportunity that, at its core, was focused on learning how to become a successful business owner while having great fun.
    The office culture is one of the best I have experienced. There is a true sense of a team atmosphere. My colleagues wanted to see me succeed and they were willing to do whatever it took to help me reach my goals. Although I decided to leave based on other personal endeavors, my time at M4i has taught me many valuable skills that can be carried over to nearly any and all careers.
    If you are a fun-loving person who is looking for a career that offers endless learning opportunity and growth, and is interested in becoming a successful entrepreneur, a position at M4i will be a great fit.

Cons

Coming into the interview, I was uncertain as to what I was exactly getting myself into. Other than a sense of ambiguity at the very beginning, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at M4i.

My only advice to management is to make certain that new hires fully understand the minute, yet important, details of the pay structure (i.e. bonuses) and their contingency. Besides that, Michael is a great manager and leader. He truly cares for his employees and wants to see them succeed, and is also willing to go the extra mile to help them get where they want to be.

Door to door selling, with a clip board

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Potential for fast paced advancement in the company, decent benefits package and

Cons

Long hours, and pay is based on performance. You are given a territory and you have to go door to door and try and sell people new cell phone provider subscriptions.

Be honest with the description of the job upfront before hiring, If i had known exactly what i would be doing i never would have accepted the position.

M4i Response

Jan 28, 2015President

We do not work with any cell phone or telecommunication companies. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with another company. You must have posted this review on the wrong page.

Great Environment and Opportunity!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I came in for the interviews, I'll be honest, I really did not know what to expect. I just graduated recently from a highly accredited University in the Midwest and did not want to just find a job, I wanted a career with growth opportunity. That became much more important to me then just finding something in the field that I had recently earned a degree in. I also wanted to find a place that not only felt like home, but would be inviting and welcoming with high energy. I was thankfully offered a position to this company after the 3 step interview process and now that I have been working here for a couple of months I could not be happier! I am challenged day in and day out and always continue to learn. I am a very competitive person and I love that I never feel like I have mastered anything. The opportunity to grow is solely based on me, which I love. The room to grow seems endless which is everything I wanted. Michael, the managing partner, truly cares about his people and does a great job at keeping things fun. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

I am the type of person that loves going out with other people, but there are days where I go out on my own.

Keep up the great work!

Accelerated Management and Sales Training Program

I worked at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had no actual sales experience before starting at M4i, and working there really gave me a crash course on sales, as well as training, interviewing, and account management. It's a pretty young environment, which makes for forming lasting relationships with coworkers. Owner, Michael, takes personal interest in each employee, facilitating success in any way he can. If it wasn't for working there, I wouldn't have gotten the job I have today.
    The opportunity for growth is huge here. Or if management training isn't the goal, M4i is great for adding marketability to yourself and your resume.

Cons

Compensation can either be a great thing or a not-so-great thing in this business. With it being 100% commission, you can make as much money as you want but conversely that means there is no consistent base pay.

Around the time I made the decision to move on, management had begun implementing such incentives as gas cards and gift cards for good performance. I think continued moves like that would both add to the competition of the office as well as make it more enticing to perform well.

SCAM

Current Employee - Marketing Rep in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Rep in Chicago, IL

I have been working at M4i full-time

Pros

The lady who shadowed me was very encouraging but still in denial about the scam that she's involved in.

Cons

The company itself is a con. I went out for a job shadow back in March. First, I spoke with a young lady (employee) who told me that she has no problem making sales & this is the best job ever. LIES. Here's what happened:
    She told me that we'd be taking the BUS to our beginning location (that should've been sign #1.....if the company is SO awesome & easy to get $$ from, why don't u have a car?) We went business to business from 8am to about 5:30pm and she didn't score ONE sale. We were kicked out of multiple places b/c she couldn't take "no" for an answer....if an employee said that they don't allow solicitation, she would say "well I need to verify that with the manager." Several managers threatened to call the cops on us if we didn't leave ASAP.
    We FINALLY had someone who was interested in a grocery store, but he refused to give us his credit card & social security number......and we we're complete strangers with no product in hand, so I don't blame him.

My advice is to stay away from companies that claim to be "marketing" & contact any & everyone who replies to the job ad....I have a Marketing degree and this job is in no way, shape, or form a "marketing job." It's door to door sales w/ 0 benefits & leads.

Stop lying about the job. This is a sales job, not marketing. If you don't know the difference, look it up.

M4i Response

Jul 7, 2014President

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with another company. We never ask for social security numbers from any customer or client; it is absolutely not necessary. We only work with upper management and ... More

The best hands-on sales experience one can get

I worked at M4i full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I took away a number of helpful skills in regards to sales and leadership. If you are determined to master sales, M4i will provide all the training and resources necessary to make you the best. M4i is quickly growing and promoting from within. This is a company where if you want to put in the time and do well, you can work your way up quickly and start making great money. Stick with them and you're guaranteed success. A very fun group of people to work with. I always looked forward to coming in to work.

Cons

Work days can be very mentally and physically exhausting. The job is very time consuming but worth it in the end.