M5 Networks

Add Photos

Dan Hoffman

Great Place to Work/Great Culture

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFast growing Company, a learning culture, opportunities for advancement and making a difference

ConsFast growth means that most likely you will always have plenty to do, so if that is not your personality than not a good fit

Disillusioned

Tech Support (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsPay rate per hour
    Location in Rochester NY

ConsAs soon as the new management arrived (no promotions or transfers from within, mind you), the entire atmosphere changed. We were no longer a team with comradery, we were working drones. No more beer after 5. The pay changed for on call time (went down, of course) and the atmosphere changed from appreciating what the employees did to 'do more, go faster, have a BUBBLY tone'. ??? Stats and calls per hour became a really big deal, instead of quality. Also, contests were done but promised prizes never given out. Even worse, there was a hostile atmosphere of sexual remarks, comments, and jokes. Even at times, by higher ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees. Not only tell them what they can improve on but thank them for what they do RIGHT. Take sexual harassment seriously, and punish those who attempt retaliation.
    Stress quality over quantity on calls. Stop taking away perks and keep continuing them. Not everything can be or is 'by the book'. Management needs a more approachable, down to earth 'face'. Instead of "I'm up here, you're down there, the lowly tech".

Nice working environment, growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsCasual working environment, friendly co-worker, fun activities, potential to growth

ConsChange process not very good managed, internal resource limited

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good experience, few complaints though.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsQuickly promoted to new positions

ConsNot always fair compensation, some unfair management practices.

Loved working here until new management arrived

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can start very low and make your way up if your dedicated and have a good manager and they have a fun community and after work activities

ConsTerrible Senior team especially the Sales lead. New lead from another giant company has come in and ruined the character and moral of sales and marketing. Also a terrible place to work as a woman with little advancement, many remarks and general disdain from old school party boy managers. Also very low pay and appreciation of lower level employees who still taken on the grunt of the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at how the company culture is changing because you will be losing many employees to other companies in the future because even with the hoax of HR events there are some true issues that are not dealt with and a night out drinking every once and a while will not change that.

good people, some lack of direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood people. very good culture, good sense of community within the organization and nice events hosted by the company. moo.

Consgrew too quickly for itself. bad feedback from managers and lack of recognition for accomplishments. lots of drama internally as the organization struggled to come into its own.

Advice to Senior Managementpay closer attention to the contributions your employees are making. perhaps more importantly, walk the walk of encouraging growth within the ranks and helping people find their best roles.

Worked for M5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!