MAAX Reviews

1. Miss them much!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MAAX

Pros

Great salary benefits and boss

Cons

Trying to get the Canadians to understand US marketing

Listen to more people in the US

2. It's a job.

Current Employee - Shipping Loader in Plymouth, IN
    Current Employee - Shipping Loader in Plymouth, IN

I have been working at MAAX

Pros

Weekly pay. Good benefits. Nice coworkers

Cons

Poor managment. Alot of politics and biasnes. Your good as long as your willing to be a yes man or step on people. They'd promote someone they like over someone who does a great job just cause they're a favorite. I've seen real hard workers demoted and held back over people they hang out with outside of work or always in the office kissing up. Then the ones promoted do suck a horrible job they lose that new position. Unqualified managment unskilled as well. They dont care at all about people (except yes men) even when there companies burning in flames they pay hard workers crap. I myself have been there 5 years and make less then $11 an hour. AlI over politics i'm not sure how they live with theirselves. I gotta eat though and love what I do even though its tough work. I need my insurance or I would love to quit.

How about less picking favorites. You could treat ppl a lot better. I've been here 5 years and make the least out of everyone. And for what, because i dont kiss up. Because of politics your keeping me poor. My numbers are better then anyone in the warehouse. And its not opinion thats a proven fact and you treat me lilke this? How do you sleep at night? You really need to pay your people better. Best thing that could happen is if we employees unionize. And more breaks would be nice like an extra 15. Its a hard job, maybe hr doesnt understand it. And bank hours are a joke, it would be nice if you got a fresh start for missing time. You have a high turn over rate because you dont give a crap about people. Best advice to the managment, from hr to the warehouse, plant and production that i can give is this; resign and higher new managment with better people skills. I dont hate anyone, but a lot of you people disgust me.

3. Steady employment

Current Employee - Chop Gun Operator, Laminator, Detailer, Repairs, Trainer
    Current Employee - Chop Gun Operator, Laminator, Detailer, Repairs, Trainer

I have been working at MAAX full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at MAAX is the benefits, vacation time after one year and the mostly steady hours and schedule offered in most plants.

Cons

This company can be very frustrating. Without strong leadership, and people who care about the employees as much as they care about pushing numbers, your days end up long, hard, and very frustrating. This company is all about money and they don't care about the employees and how hard they are pushed in difficult work environments so long ad at the end of the day they have 350 units built. Its hot, hard and physically breaks your body down if you don't have the option of rotating positions once and a while to lessen the repetitive job stress.

The people are important, they do the heavy labor and step up to make the company succeed. Don't treat them like they are all replaceable and not worth the dirt on the bottom of your shoe. We are not machines, we are people.

Strong leadership, good working environment and benefits

I have been working at MAAX full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely strong leadership at CEO Level. Good benefits - still have a pension benefit. Nice co workers and environment. Great place to work if you get matched up with the right management.

Cons

Week intermediate namagement. No attention to the performace review.