MAHLE Filter Systems North America

Reset
1.5
James Dash

1. Engineer

Pros

There are many good people working on the production floor who care about their jobs. Low turnover rate of production workers. Good benefits. Good co-workers.

Cons

There is a high plant management turnover rate. Management seems to have lost direction. Employees work a lot of overtime.

2. I work at Mahle North America as a temp (HG Staffing) for three weeks now.

Current Contractor - Regrind Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Contractor - Regrind Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at MAHLE Filter Systems North America as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

All the overtime you can handle and then some, very diverse work environment, fast paced and non stop work.

Cons

I have now been working here on first shift for about three week but I was just informed today that even though I'm an exemplary employee with great work ethic, (told to me by HR and supervisors) due to a full time employee not liking their hours on second shift I now either have to take the second shift (which I can't really do with two kids) or I can quit.

Advice to Management

Judge employees by work ethic, morale, and production, NOT by seniority when making decisions that could possibly cause you to lose someone.

3. Not a team environment

Current Employee - Assembly Worker in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Assembly Worker in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at MAHLE Filter Systems North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work alot of hours

Cons

Forced to work overtime

Advice to Management

treat your employees fair

It has its good and it's bads

I have been working at MAHLE Filter Systems North America (More than a year)

Pros

If you love O.T this is the place for you

Cons

From my knowledge this place reaches record profits but the employee don't see any bonuses or raises. They dropped the pay rate from $14.02 all the way down to $11.15. Sometimes you're forced to work crazy hours because the lack of manpower. They do a lot of things to upset their employees

Veteran Employee of Mahle Murfreesboro, TN

Current Employee - Producer in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Producer in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at MAHLE Filter Systems North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Health benefits, paid vacations and holidays. Company is breaking sales records every year, yet never seems to benefit the employee.

Cons

I've been a hard working, dedicated employee of 15+ years with great attendance. I'm rewarded by having my workforce cut in half, thus having to work twice as hard to keep up. Mahle used to be a good place to work until the last 5 years. Management has decided to save money at the expense of the hourly employee. Cutting benefits, raises, bonuses and morale. Supervisors are "yes men" and will do anything management tells them. My supervisor will actually avoid people to avoid problems. General lack of communication between the ranks. Employees treated like kids in school. Morale at all time low.

Advice to Management

Invest in new Supervisors and Quality Engineers. The old-school thinking of these long term supervisors is production numbers. Show a Supervisor a problem on the line and there reaction is usually "keep running" even though half the parts will be scrapped. Speaking of scrap, give the guys in the scrap regrind/reclaim room some support. Conditions in there are not safe, filthy and over crowded. Invest in more space! There is none left in the plant. Experience=Quality. Experienced hourly employees are the backbone of this company. Be nice! I want to keep working here.

7. overworked with no time off pay rates go up and down for new hires

Current Employee - Injection Mold in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Injection Mold in Murfreesboro, TN

Pros

there arent any pros about this job unless your a girl an wear revealing clothes where parts of the body fall out of your shirt

Cons

too stressful. i run injection mold presses and can barely have time for breaks, breatg or keep up and if u have an illness an the dr tells u its not a good job for u get an even bigger workload. if someone does sometng mean or says hateful things to you management and supervisors laugh. thgey dont care if ur job is killing you and they dont try to help you at all unless your cute and flirtyy

Advice to Management

rather just not im really upset about how they abuse they're leadership and dont care bout no one but themselves

8. Good

Former Employee - Supervisor in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Murfreesboro, TN

Pros

Steping Stone for the future.

Cons

All of the overtime that you want.

Advice to Management

None

Like the Company hate the Industry

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Murfreesboro, TN

Pros

Fast paced ever changing enviroment especially in to days market. We are constantly tasked with improving manufacturing, reducing costs both on the floor and new product launches. This allows for a certain amount of professional freedom and an opportunity to take charge if one is looking for that.

Cons

To fast a pace to try and survive. Constantly changing demands. It's the same through out the automotive industry. Times are tough and you have to perform to survive. Also with the current downsizing initiatives moral is at an all time low so this makes it more difficult to do a good job. Also you are expected to work all sorts of hours with little compensation, if any, and no recognition. Basically the more you work the more we want out of you.

Advice to Management

Plan, PLan, Plan.... Then commuincate the plans and give the proper tools and time to execute.

RSS Feed </> Embed