MAKO Surgical

Add Photos

MAKO Surgical Chairman, President, and CEO Maurice R. Ferré

Maurice R. Ferré

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Worldwide total joint replacement service in one, out of this world precision and outcome

Clinical Applications Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at MAKO Surgical full-time for more than a year

Prosfast paced team oriented company and follow goal suggestions of employees

ConsCould be more structured, and provide more feedback to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback to employees more often

A dynamic, energetic workplace seeking to change the way orthopaedic joint replacement surgery is performed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MAKO Surgical full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe employees are dedicated and intelligent. There are many people from many different cultures working for the company making it like a mini-United Nations. The technology that is at the core of the business is amazing.

ConsThe culture at Mako has been to work hard and you will be rewarded through the stock option program. With the stock tumbling over 75% since 2012, the incentive to work hard when all of your stock options are under water is gone.

Disorganized

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at MAKO Surgical full-time for less than a year

ProsSurgical robotics is a very interesting area to work on. It is a combination of robotics, visualization, medical image analysis, implants, user interface, etc.

ConsThe company is not treating the employees well enough. Engineers are seldom appreciated in terms of compensation and benefits. Upper management often makes unachievable goals and blames everyone when we fail to achieve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. Don't be afraid to change old habits -- many of them are bad.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culture of innovation struggling to transition from start up to full fledged business

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at MAKO Surgical full-time for more than a year

ProsFast paced, innovative product, challenging work environment. They've assembled a great team of field experts. The culture is more about getting the system right than selling the product.

ConsPoor business acumen of senior leadership. Costs are out of control because no one watches them. The teams don't necessarily work well together. Only the operations department seem to have their act together, probably because this is the only one with top to bottom leadership that understands how to run a business.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet costs under control

Once in a lifetime opportunity

I have been working at MAKO Surgical

ProsBe a part of the fastest growing company in North America (Deloitte Fast 500 2011). MAKO offers a competitive salary, great PTO (paid time off) offering, competive benefits (employee stock purchase program, 401K, medical, yearly bonus opportunity for all), comprehensive yearly review of performance.

Location, location, location......it's February and 80 degrees outside.....

ConsWith the rampant growth comes a fair share of stress. However, having come from other industries that are constantly downsizing (layoffs), the stress of growth is refreshing and stable. I may have to work as hard as 2 people but it's not because my friend was just laid off....

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep this bullet train on its track and we'll be sitting alongside the likes of Biomet, Stryker, Zimmer, DePuy, and Smith & Nephew in less than a decade. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? Anyone? .....

Worked for MAKO Surgical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAKO Surgical reviews and ratings in Fort Lauderdale, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MAKO Surgical CEO Maurice R. Ferré. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by MAKO Surgical employees.