MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida

Jaime Tamayo

They Suck

Manager (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThey are not the worst.

ConsEverything, any skills that you have when you are hired are essentially what you will have when you leave. Training is non-existent and management is reactionary

Advice to Senior ManagementTear it down and make a parking lot.

Horrible- overworked and being managed by people who have never done my job

Road Investigator (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsFlexible schedule is the only reason to be a road investigator at commerce. You can work from home but you will be working many more hours than the company told you would be when you took the job.

ConsI am a road investigator and my manager has exactly ZERO hours of experience in the field. I'm not exactly sure how someone could manage me if they never have done my job. Because of his lack of experience investigators are inundated with work that can't possible be completed by the due dates that are given to the files. Investigators are also asked frequently to go into dangerous situations they may not even know are dangerous. Then they find themselves cornered in a room with a dangerous person and having to get out quickly and calmly. It's exhausting and any request from the staff to make things better is met with a clear and succinct manage out process for that employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the management teams alined with employees that have their same expertise. Perhaps you could elevate one of the current road investigators into a manager role who could travel around with the other investigators and help them with their investigations. This role could also work internally with the claims adjusters to help them determine what is a good assignment and what would be a bad assignment.

Worked for MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida CEO Jaime Tamayo. All reviews posted anonymously by MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida employees.