MAQ Software

MAQ Software Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

MAQ Software Founder & Managing Consultant Rajeev Agarwal

Rajeev Agarwal

Pros:
  • "Working on Latest technologies available in the market"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Get to work on latest technologies, Given very higher responsibilities at very start of career"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long working hours everyday thus making it very difficult to take out time for personal life"
    in 14 reviews
  • "be ready to work really long hours and on random projects"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Disappointing disastrous and worst experience

Associate Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsProcessors are good hence computers are fast
    Since PF is not deducted, in hand salary is good

ConsEverything is bad..you will lose your life..it is a company of hypocrites...many times it happened with me that because of one spelling mistake i was yelled at infront of entire team..humiliating..managers say nothing simply dance to tune of top management..and on top of that they post fake reviews in Glassdoor etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some sense..and Mr. CEO your book "What I did not learn at IIT" is not good..

Not a company but a jailer's place

Hyderābād (India)

ProsSalary hike twice a year

ConsNo business ethics, no company moral, they do not hire engineers but labours

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is so stubborn about their cheap ideologies that no one even want to speak to them about anything

Work Life

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsMore Learning & career growth opportunities.
    Working in diverse environments and technologies.
    Well Paid

ConsWork pressure is too high

Advice to Senior ManagementOnsite Opportunities are very less.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to learn and start your career.

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsAlways works on latest technologies.
    No bench system.
    Good pay hikes for a company of this tier.
    Whatever people say but it IS a good company to learn a lot in first year of your career.
    Good managers that keep the place lively and pressure off the team members.
    Constant learning process through learning hours, certifications, rotation of roles (developer, tester, back-end, front-end).

ConsOnsite opportunities are less
    After six months the work seems to be repetitive and tedious.
    Nothing innovative or exciting (that is an issue with all service based companies).
    Lack of long time vision (I can not imagine coming to office regularly at 8:30 and leaving after 7 once I reach the age of 25).

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of things going well, but please focus on the growth of technologies. Bring more variety in projects and make leads and managers more involved in projects.

MAQ: Sh*t happens, I Robot

Assistant Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros1: Get to work on Latest Technology
    2: You will have some Microsoft Certification
    3: Cannot think of other Pros

Cons1: Too much Pressure
    2: People become robots here
    3: You will be asked to read a book written by CEO otherwise you will be fired. Now you can imagine the level of stupidity in the company
    4: If you want to prepare for off-campus while working in this company forget it.
    5: You will be asked to come on saturdays , 26th january ,etc
    6: Timing are very strict here (8:45). You can get fired if you come late
    7: Please do not join this company if you want to live a life

Advice to Senior ManagementGive only that much task to a person, that he can complete in 9-10 hours

Horrible experience..better work at half the pay

Associate Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsIn-hand salary is better since no PF deduction is there
    Young crowd

ConsThe list is very long..
    1. No management..whatever the bosses say becomes a law..totally hypocrite..
    2. You may get fired for
        a. Coming late to office by five minutes
        b. Not reading CEO's book and appreciating it
        c. For not attending CEO's gyan session even if you have a family emergency
    3. Mobile phones are a distraction
    4. Saturdays are working
    5. Come at 8:30 AM and leave at 11 PM and that too everyday

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask HR to post fake reviews .. and don't post fake reviews yourself..

Work with MAQ Software if you want to grow in your career path. Great quality work...excellent opportunities!

Project Lead (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsI have been associated with MAQ Software for more than 4 years and I am extremely satisfied with my job.
    You get to do excellent quality work, get to work with a talented team, get to have more responsibility and accountability! The senior management is very approachable and is always focused on taking employees and the organization to the next level. I have not had a single dull moment in my career. Everyday is a new challenge. I would recommend MAQ Software to everyone who wants to learn and grow.

ConsI can't think of any...everything at MAQ is great!

Better to sit idle at home instead of joining this company.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsNone that I can think of. Water tastes like water. Coffee tastes like coffee.

ConsWork pressure is too high. For a company of less than 500 people, there is a lot of politics. Long working hours.....Useless management at the top who would just keep insisting that the company is doing great. No respect of employees, Very bad work environment,
    Jungle is the right word to use since people just work here for money like animals just care about food. Out of 220 employees in Hyderabad...only a handful are having job-ex of 2 yrs or more here....For a serious balanced professional life never ever join this company...HR in the employee are being fired for coming late. Even the same is implemented for employee working in the company. No Job Security. No fringe benefits.
    Worst thing there is no safety for women. No company provided cab and if a women employees leaves late there is no security guard provided by the company. They don’t care if something happens to women employee on the way going back late. Company rule says that come on time but manager says complete your work staying late in office.
    The company CEO’s and Directors are working like recruitment agent. The single biggest problem to solve is the recruitment and that is the job of the directors working in the company. The middle managers are only the communicating agents, what the directors are telling them. There are only 3 negative change agents in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. CEO of the company, change your top management and policies for the company to flourish. Company need a fresh perspective at the top.

It's a great place to learn and work with some really talented people.

Assistant Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsLot to learn because of continuous introduction of new technologies, highly visible and transparent culture wherein you can interact with senior management at any time.

ConsI'm happy with my company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company can also focus on hiring experienced people.

Growth Company, challenging work, great managers and lots to learn!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsLaser focus on training and learning- lot to learn and imbibe from supervisors and peers (helps me ramp up faster; I am way ahead of my peers in other companies!)

Stays ahead of competition, because the company adopts and assimilates the latest technology and business practices (rare for a IT service company to do this)

Pays above the market percentile..good performers are recognized (career growth is good if you sustain your performance)

Peers are competitive..keeps you busy and motivated.

ConsNothing that I can think of..people with a learning attitude will feel welcome here..

Worked for MAQ Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAQ Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MAQ Software CEO Rajeev Agarwal. All 113 reviews posted anonymously by MAQ Software employees.