MAQUET Reviews

Updated March 31, 2015
26 reviews filtered by
2.8
Heribert Ballhaus

1. Good experience. Friendly HR staff. Building was nice and clean. Cafeteria in building.

I worked at MAQUET

Pros

room for growth. food was good.

Cons

Lots of changes within the company. Seemed to be lots of people talking about issues and other people.

Pay attention to what you say and who you say it in front of. More meetings about state of company.

2. Co-op Days

Former Employee - Co-op Manufacturing Engineer in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Co-op Manufacturing Engineer in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at MAQUET

Pros

Great and very helpful staff supervisor. Always willing to help and make you better and teaching about real world situations.

Cons

Basically a desk job as an intern. The only hands on work is testing/measurements which gets boring really quickly if you are the only co-op. Job does not really require much brain power.

3. Nice company

Current Employee - Administrative in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at MAQUET

Pros

Good life versus work balance.

Cons

Clinging to small company ways.

5. A great place to work that went downhill in a short period of time...

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at MAQUET full-time

Pros

Professional staff that will bend over backwards to help you do your job. This make you want to help them to succeed as well. Highly technological products built with state of the art tools.

Cons

Immediate management and above set unrealistic goals. They criticize and belittle persons who don't make the goals and punish people who speak out about making the goals more realistic. If you are not "in" you are out and have no way of getting back "in" no matter what you do. In order to keep salaries lower, they criticize work product unfairly. HR is basically a tool for the company and does not mitigate issues between management and the worker.

Treat you workers with more respect or as the job market opens up, you'll find more and more people leaving.

6. Good Medical Device extremely poorly managed and low unless your titled and fall in the good old boy circle of friends

Current Employee - Support Services in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Support Services in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at MAQUET full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great and interesting Medical Devices, Good training and support staff and hard working field service support.

Cons

The company management has abused over worked and grossly underpaid the internal staff and support services to the point of ruining the company reputation in the USA. The international or European headquarters are clue less of the abusive practices that accuse in the states.

Fire all the USA management and promote the hardworking low paid support staff.

7. Accomplished A LOT and learned A LOT with some really great folks.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Wayne, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Wayne, NJ

I worked at MAQUET as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great processes, technologies, and products that enhance life. Worked with a great bunch of professionals. Beautiful campus and facility in Wayne, NJ.

Cons

Contractor / consultant pay rate ended up being much less than originally promised. Contractor / consultants are not proactively indentified by HR and functional managers for possible permanent positions within the company before their term is about to expire.

Take care of your contractors / consultants. They are the one who come off the sidelines in the 4th QTR and OT to deliver that game winning TD for you.

8. Horrible Experience!!!

Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer I in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer I in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at MAQUET as a contractor

Pros

Work with some very talented and kind people. Operators in manufacturing plant are wonderful and hardworking.

Cons

Management is terrible, no team environment, no honest communication between different position levels. Upper management persuades FDA rather than accurately address the MANY issues that arise such as customer complaints on products.

Take psychology classes to teach you how to deal with others in a professional and respectful manner.

9. Maquet has some fantastic products, represented by some equally fantastic professionals.

I worked at MAQUET (more than 5 years)

Pros

Maquet people are great to work with, truly working as a team and willing to help when asked.

Cons

There are so many products, you need to be constantly training to keep up with the information...but, this Con is a positive for people like me, who like to know more and more about various devices.

Keep up the personal touch!

10. Expanding/acquiring/growth problems

Former Employee - Quality in Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Quality in Wayne, NJ

I worked at MAQUET full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The position was well documented - what I was supposed to do. The pay was good and the workplace was nice. The people were nice.

Cons

Management when I was there seemed disconnected from processes. It's like the good people had left at some point in the past. It was frustrating to work there because it wasn't clear why some of the work was being done. We had a weird relationship with our overseas parent company. The commute was horrible.

The worst run company I ever worked for!!!

I have been working at MAQUET

Pros

The only thing good about the place was the money and bonuses.

Cons

The "C" Levels are only out for the money and themselves.

The whole HR department should be disbanded and started over. They are just gofers and "Yes" personnel for the "C" levels.

Get rid of everyone in Maquet Cardiovascular and start over.