MAT Holdings

Updated December 15, 2014
2.4

Steve W. Wang

Titanic

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cannot truly find any pros to working at this company.

Cons

Terrible Culture and Senior Management does not tell truth to employees, each other and customers.

Be Honest

Its a place

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only thing is that you gain some experience.
    Company is growing
    Lots of Chinese people

Cons

0 work life balance
    if you are coming from a big company- dont even consider it
    no perks
    old dirty office with spiders
    people are here until 11 pm at night working
    some managers makes you come in on Saturdays
    There is no snow day- You will get written up if you dont show up because of a snow day even when there is a driving ban.

Stop being so greedy and do something good for employees
    offer summer hours, and option to work from home
    Treat employees as humans not as animals

Stay Away!!! Worst Company EVER!!!

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am racking my brains and I cannot think of one. Oh, the property surrounding the building is beautiful.

Cons

I've been here for a couple months and wish I had learned of Glassdoor before taking this job! Whatever you do, if you have a job, DO NOT LEAVE it for a job at this company. Even if you don't have a job, it's not worth it. Keep looking. Pass this company up. I've got my recruiter already looking for me and cannot wait to give my notice to get the heck out of this hell-hole. Everything written here from way back when to recent reviews is pretty spot on. I do not feel I can contribute anything different or new from what others have already said.

Get rid of your executives and Get rid of your HR department. All are USELESS and backstabbers and do not care who they step on to get ahead in their own careers.

Terrible, awful place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There isn't any pros that I can think about when talking about this place.

Cons

There is nothing nice about working here. Upper management is horrible. The offices are run down dirty and antiquated. Technology is non-existent. Training is non-existent. Turn over is off the charts. There is no sense of community, people don't feel comfortable talking with human resources since they have no power to make any change.

Read these reviews.

RUN AWAY!!!

Current Employee - Executive in Long Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Executive in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time

Pros

Salary and some of the people are the only good things about this place.

Cons

Very high turnover, very low employee morale, tremendous lack of communication, no leadership, policies and rules apply based on who likes you, nepotism running rampid - as long as your last name is Wang or you are a friend - no qualifications needed! A lot of yelling and swearing at employees. Management tells you one thing then does the opposite - get everything in writing! Very cheap - be prepared to bring your own office supplies. Be prepared to spend over $700.00 a month for your share of medical/dental benefits! Building is falling apart. Water is yellow/brownish and contains lead (they even have a sign in the kitchen over the sink!).

Sell! You are selling off/closing your other divisions/companies slowly, without telling the effected people, sell this one - maybe someone else will buy it and care about the employees!

Worst place EVER!!!!

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A pro is hard to even come up with, the place is rancid.

Cons

Absolutely everything from top management to the disgusting offices with the scum pond in front to the lack of H/R support, procedures, training, you name it. Turnover is incredibly high and most people don't even bother being nice to the new folks since it's pretty reasonable to believe they will leave soon.

They don't care to have any advice, they know exactly what is going on and by whom. They don't care about any if the employees, just about amassing more and more businesses.

The sorriest company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this place

Cons

Management wants to run things by people being scared of him. Then when he makes a bad decision it is someone elses fault

The Jackson plant needs change and it needs to start at the director level and work it's way down. The company has no ethics at all.

Senior management has no respect for employees

Current Employee - Manager in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some nice people to work with. Nice location if you like a rural setting.

Cons

Managers take credit for the good ideas that employees have and blame the employee if the manager makes a mistake. Senior management only looks at costs and never the consequences of a decision. Management style is to scream and curse when anything is wrong. The stress level is always very high.

Listen to your staff and don't believe the lies from your managers.

DO NOT work for this company!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Long Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Long Grove, IL

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice kitchen. Nice co-workers; people just like you that hate their job!

Cons

Everything!! I read reviews on this company before I accepted the job offer. There was only 2 reviews at the time- both bad, but I kept a positive outlook. You're better off staying unemployed than taking a job at this company. Even if you're desperate. I've always had nothing but great performance reviews at every other job I've worked at and they fired me because of my "performance." What a joke. Funny how business gets slow and they start firing people for their "performance"... Now I have this big, embarrassing 7 month job on my resume that I have to explain every time I interview somewhere. Reading other reviews, I see that happened to several other people as well. This company is unlike any other I've ever seen. Its like they're in the twilight zone.

Beyond Terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing that came out of this job is that it made me appreciate my previous jobs and the amazing people that I have had the chance to work with.

Cons

I had a bad feeling going into this job, but for some reason I still went for it. Huge mistake. Believe me when I say, PLEASE listen to the reviews posted here. I truly wish that I had listened instead of thinking it was just one disgruntled employee that decided to write a review. This was the worst job I have ever had. I think about the scenarios that occurred throughout a regular day and I cannot even believe that I actually worked in this environment. It was extremely degrading, depressing, and overall terrible. Not only did they not care at all about any type of life you thought you had outside of this place, but they were extremely unprofessional. People would unnecessarily yell at each other throughout the day...every day. Being treated with respect should not be an option in a workplace. Everything was unorganized - there was rarely a process for anything and you could not expect any kind of training. Additionally, there was a huge turnover rate and there were so many new people it was rare to find someone who actually knew what they were doing. They started to hire the cheapest people possible and would settle for below average talent. The company didn’t strive for greatness because it would have hindered their profitability. While there, I did not know a single person who wasn’t actively looking for a different job.

Please stay away.

MAT Holdings Photos

View looking out from the front entrance

+ Add Photo