MAT Holdings

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve W. Wang

The sorriest company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jackson, TN

ProsThere is nothing good to say about this place

ConsManagement wants to run things by people being scared of him. Then when he makes a bad decision it is someone elses fault

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Jackson plant needs change and it needs to start at the director level and work it's way down. The company has no ethics at all.

Senior management has no respect for employees

Manager (Current Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsSome nice people to work with. Nice location if you like a rural setting.

ConsManagers take credit for the good ideas that employees have and blame the employee if the manager makes a mistake. Senior management only looks at costs and never the consequences of a decision. Management style is to scream and curse when anything is wrong. The stress level is always very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and don't believe the lies from your managers.

DO NOT work for this company!!

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsNice kitchen. Nice co-workers; people just like you that hate their job!

ConsEverything!! I read reviews on this company before I accepted the job offer. There was only 2 reviews at the time- both bad, but I kept a positive outlook. You're better off staying unemployed than taking a job at this company. Even if you're desperate. I've always had nothing but great performance reviews at every other job I've worked at and they fired me because of my "performance." What a joke. Funny how business gets slow and they start firing people for their "performance"... Now I have this big, embarrassing 7 month job on my resume that I have to explain every time I interview somewhere. Reading other reviews, I see that happened to several other people as well. This company is unlike any other I've ever seen. Its like they're in the twilight zone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE place to work!!!

Will Notdisclose (Current Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsThe only pro that I can list is that I received a paycheck, albeit small. The office is located on a horse farm so if you like horses, you can look at them. Nice bathroom and a large lunchroom to eat your made at home. Free coffee.

ConsThe cons of working at this place are numerous. Upper management are a bunch of illogical hot heads with hot tempers with no sense of how a company should be properly run. They care more about making the President rich and I am sure themselves rich than the people doing real work. The infrastructure is a joke, the distribution centers are dirty and run down, the offices are like taking a step back to the 1970's!

Advice to Senior ManagementUnless they start to genuinely care about people and learn how to properly operate an organization, it will continue to be the pit of a place to work.

Beyond Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsThe only good thing that came out of this job is that it made me appreciate my previous jobs and the amazing people that I have had the chance to work with.

ConsI had a bad feeling going into this job, but for some reason I still went for it. Huge mistake. Believe me when I say, PLEASE listen to the reviews posted here. I truly wish that I had listened instead of thinking it was just one disgruntled employee that decided to write a review. This was the worst job I have ever had. I think about the scenarios that occurred throughout a regular day and I cannot even believe that I actually worked in this environment. It was extremely degrading, depressing, and overall terrible. Not only did they not care at all about any type of life you thought you had outside of this place, but they were extremely unprofessional. People would unnecessarily yell at each other throughout the day...every day. Being treated with respect should not be an option in a workplace. Everything was unorganized - there was rarely a process for anything and you could not expect any kind of training. Additionally, there was a huge turnover rate and there were so many new people it was rare to find someone who actually knew what they were doing. They started to hire the cheapest people possible and would settle for below average talent. The company didn’t strive for greatness because it would have hindered their profitability. While there, I did not know a single person who wasn’t actively looking for a different job.

Please stay away.

“Stay away if you already are employed”

Director Level (Former Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsThey have decent healthcare coverage. Most of the people are great.

ConsThey have a ready shoot aim mentality. They pay significantly below scale. They are satisfied with getting something 75% as good as it should be; to put the effort and the money into doing it 100% would wreck their financial model. They most always are followers.

This is just how they are... they make a ton of money doing it. It is not a bad company, it just doesn't provide anything positive to look forward to.

The upper managers are aware of this. The top performers leave and their managers are not surprised. I do not know anyone below a GM level that is not considering leaving given a better opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a snow emergency is declared and it is illegal to drive within 20 miles of the office, don't dock everyone a vacation day because they couldn't come in without breaking the law. Feb 2011

Don't bother with this company

Credit (Former Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsPaycheck, other than that, not much to say.

ConsManagers who don't care about you, who say nothing to you for 2 years, then come to you and tell you they're letting you go because "You're not progressing as quickly as we'd like." I never had a verbal or written warning about my performance, never had a performance review in 2 years. Good managers will want you to succeed and let you know if they're having issues with you, not wait 2 years and then the first time they mention it to you is when they're firing you. The rest of the management is awful. It took weeks, if not months, to get credits and rebates approved and there was only one person who could give the approval and the managers were afraid to do anything because they feared his wrath. Other than that, the morale was awful, and the place looked like they bought the entire building and everything in it from Goodwill. If we had to email something to a customer, we had to use a scanner from 1987 and then save it to a program then go back to our desks and send the email. They refuse to spend any money so that their employees can do their jobs efficiently. I wish there was a way to give a zero rating. I was actually relieved when they told me they were letting me go!

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I could say would do any good, no one cares.

Total Lack of Communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a big kitchen.

ConsAll my co-workers did nothing but complain about some aspect of working there. Managers do not communicate with employees. Everything is your fault. Every time I went to supervisor with an issue, I felt like I was bothering her. No feedback on performance. I worked there for almost 2 years, never had a performance review, was never given any warnings about my performance, verbal or written, and was let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's nothing I could say because no one would listen anyway.

Horrible place to work

Manager (Former Employee) Long Grove, IL

ProsThere is nothing good about that place. It is like working with a bunch of robotic, non educated, mannerless ignorant idiots!

ConsEverything, there is nothing good about that freaky place! People are abusive. Bills do not get paid in a timely manner. The owners are completely clueless to how people are treated. Top management are a bunch of mean, ignorant clones of each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to treat people nicely, just because you make money doesn't mean you are a good company to work for or with.

The worst compnay I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA

Prosthe only good thing about it was that it It was a job.

ConsThe operations manager belittled and berated her staff, everyone that worked there were miserable and bitter. The work environment was hostile and unhealthy, disorganized and stagnant. There was no room to grow or thrive at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more respect and dignity for the people who work for you, especially at the blue collar level.

Worked for MAT Holdings? Contribute to the Community!