MAT Holdings Reviews

Steve W. Wang

1. it

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Long Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Long Grove, IL

Pros

easy work and straight hours

Cons

low pay and no training

Advice to Management

listen

2. Miserable place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only thing I can say positive about the place is there are some nice people, however they come and go so fast you barely get to know them.

Cons

Everything is negative about this place from the upper management to the disgusting rotting wall behind the sink in the kitchen! It is abusive, there is no support, the system and computers are antiquated. Turnover is ridiculous. It is the cheapest, most illogical place I have ever seen. Upper management are cruel bullies that do not care about people. The building is run down and dirty. I would tell anyone that is considering coming to work here to reconsider, it is not a nice place to work! Most people here are looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Not worth my time to give them advice, they do not care!

3. Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

There aren't too many. Associates are friendly, however, that's about it. Salary is lower than other companies. Benefits aren't that great. Standard for the industry.

Cons

Many...management is very unfriendly...unapproachable...Very demanding and unappreciative of what one does. Always wanting more.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your employees

5. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Long Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Long Grove, IL

Pros

Hours are decent not much overtime available.

Cons

If you work well with women this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Don't me so mean, short and listen to your employees.

Highly abusive!! NO TRAINING AT ALL!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Long Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Long Grove, IL

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If they would actually train people, I suppose one could learn a lot. I was really wanting to learn this new side of this type of business.

Cons

Worst work environment I've ever been in. Lots of management not taking responsibility. NO TRAINING AT ALL!!! I was sat with for half a day and then put on my own. No help from anyone!! There was yelling and swearing daily which created a hostile environment. I have been in high stress environments before. I'll take that over being scared to go to work. I was so scared, I was sick to my stomach. And they don't pay you even half of what you should be making for the responsibilities they put on you. As for interviews, I suppose they were thorough but they hired me knowing I didn't have the background needed for this job. But then again, they never really tell you what you're in for so I find their hiring process misleading and manipulative.

Advice to Management

Stop yelling and swearing at people and start training them. I find it hard to believe that a multi-billion dollar corporation doesn't have the funds to train their people.

7. Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Pros

Location managers are capable and really want to do the right things. Co-workers are friendly and will help each other.

Cons

Upper management in Chicago is horrible. Micromanaging and cheap as it gets are the basic foundation of this company.

Advice to Management

Get new blood into the non-automotive side and let the lower level managers do their job.

Meh

I worked at MAT Holdings full-time

Pros

Mid size company that is growing exponentially, you will be able to learn a lot Nice people

Cons

Work life balance is horrible Very conservative environment Salary is way below market Micromanagement

Middle of the road company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've learned quite a bit during my time at MAT. Decent benefits.

Cons

The company is stuck in their old ways of doing things. No ability to work from home. They are not innovative to say the least. They have a penny wise pound foolish mentality sacrificing long term benefits for short term gains. Lots of politics going on here. Salaries are not the most competitive.

An awful place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Long Grove, IL

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people. There aren't any other pros, it's not a "pro" kind of place! They made more parking spaces so I guess that is a pro!

Cons

Absolutely everything, I have been there for a while now and don't know a single person that is happy. Turnover is crazy, people are miserable. I think the one or two positive reviews have been written by the new "HR" people to help recruit for the huge amount of openings! Upper management is clueless and mean, the offices are a dump, the infrastructure is a joke and they continue to acquire more companies putting more and more pressure on the support staff.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

Hostile Enviornment

I have been working at MAT Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the easiest jobs. All problems just get kicked down the road for the next guy to handle and as long as management doesn't actually hear about the problems, things are dandy. Coworkers are not the brightest bunch, so the bar is set pretty low. Once a month birthday "celebrations" are probably the one thing I actually look forward to. Company continues to make money, so at least job security is decent.

Cons

No type of leadership. Very hostile environment and all correspondence with the teams need to be through email just so that people don't back stab you and say you didn't say something. Many don't want to work and people just push the blame around. No type of communication. Have never had a meeting with a full team. Some project managers don't even know who handles logistics and quality for their customers. No type of WFH offered, so traveling through the winters are a must despite not actually doing anything that requires being in the office. Bonuses and raises are a joke. Regardless of how hard or how little you work, the same bonus and the same raise (which is more an inflation adjustment that a raise).

Advice to Management

Start actually leading. Make more weekly meetings with the entire team to make sure everything is going to plan and make sure everyone is aware of how each business is doing and how other department actions affect everyone else.

RSS Feed </> Embed