MAU Workforce Solutions

MAU Workforce Solutions CEO William Hatcher

William Hatcher

solid rates/great benefits

Production Associate (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThe pay rate is satisfactory for a decent living in this demographically area and the health benefits are surperb.

ConsHuman Resources seem to be one sided. You don't feel supported by them. and job security isn't promised. you can be let go for any reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman Resources should be more honest about the reality of the position and give the subordinates opportunity to decide whether a position and or opportunity is suitable for them.

Forklift Operator

Forklift Operator (Current Employee) Beech Island, SC

ProsSteady work. Strong standards. Fair pay.

ConsLack of good management. Too picky on on little issues that could be a benefit, but are turned into a negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain. Acknowledge. Promote.

Do not believe anything that is told to you, unless it is in writing!!! You must snitch, and kiss butt TO KEEP JOB!

LC05 Logistics (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsI worked for three and a half years at the BMW location, the only thing good that I can say about MAU / TOS or BMW is, if you are desperate for paycheck, decent pay.

ConsNot enough room to tell all, so I got a short true tale about myself!!!
    After two years on the job, one night in small parts, I had a work related injury. MAU and workers comp did everything they could to hold up my benefits, and did so for 7 weeks. Upon return I worked about 5 weeks. then I was run into with a fork lift, mind you that is a culpable Accident. MAU and Insurance would not separate the first from the last, less they be sued. Now after a total of 10 months laid up out of work, I get to go back to work. I could only do so by asking the doctor for a 100% release to work. Knowing the many processes used, section leaders refused to allow me any job other than the ones that aggravated my injury and accident. Ultimately wile on a fork lift I dropped a palette of AC vents. 4 weeks later I had a Heart Attack on the job. 2 weeks to the day I am fired. WARNINING DO NOT EVER USE MAU / BMW FOR WORK HISTORY!!!! They told unemployment I was fired for property damage, but tell prospective employers I was fire as a health risk.

They will lie to your face and tell you that there is good opportunity to be hired on by BMW LIE LIE LIE!!!! LET ME TELL YOU THE ONLY WAY FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!!! Never be late for work, or leave early!!! Never have a post accident report done for something involving you!!! Stay working for at least 3 years and maintain the before mentioned for that three years!!! last of all, YOU MUST KISS ALL THE BUTT YOU CAN, or hang it up for BMW to hire you. I say this because there are people that I know for a fact did everything and for some reason that the Shift Leader did not like them, they blocked the hiring.

One other thing to think about. MAU every year that I was there does a house cleaning! From Jan through March, any reason that they can think of will get you fired. This is only so that they can keep the Bonus Money that you earned. I see it that they ripped me off for 2300.00 this go. But do not be fooled they got that money.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can not tell the truth, keep you mouth shut. NO ONE LIKES A LIER!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No loyalty to existing professional staff

Associate Relations Leader (Current Employee) Greer, SC

ProsDependable income as long as MAU has the BMW contract. Minorities and females are giving super seniority over any other EEOC classification. If you meet one of those two groups, you should apply.

ConsYou will be misled into believing that you can be hired by BMW, but all the admin and professional staff are prohibited from being considered by BMW. On-site senior managers are con artist. They will slant the truth in most conversations. They are afraid one of the subordinates may have talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to soft soap everything. Try and be honest and open with your subordinates.

It was a good company to work for overall.

Production Associate (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsThey can help you get employment with BMW. They pay pretty well for a temp agency.

Consnothing outside the norm of working for any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Positive experience, still employed and have enjoyed the ride.

ProsFamily-oriented atmosphere. Excellent culture. Managers that are interested in you as a person, as well as your professional development. Opportunities to learn and grow. Strong teamwork among immediate coworkers. Flexibility.

ConsRelatively small internal staff, so limited opportunities for growth the further up you advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in associates and enhancing the organization's structure. Tremendous strides have been made over the last few years as it pertains to internal communication, cross-training, standardization, employee empowerment and objective metrics by which to measure success.

keep me working

Driver (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsThey keep me employed even if an assignment was ended sooner than exspected

Consthey didn't keep an open line of communication, when a problem arose on the job.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees, some times they are right.

Nothing more than a paycheck

Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsGood paycheck, excellent paid holidays and the 4 day work schedule was great.

ConsThere is no opportunity to grow and advance. You are nothing more than a "permanent temp." Regular roundtable discussions were ended because they would not address issues employees had with pay/raises/sick days/bereavement and we were told they would no longer discuss such matters. Management specifically told us "no raises." You have no incentive to work other than a paycheck. No performance reviews, no merit-based compensation/raises.
    There is absolutely no loyalty from management to employees. After 5 years working for the company, I transitioned to a different contractor at the same work site. I turned in my resignation and worked a full two week notice when MAU only requires a two day notice. They claim they did not receive my resignation so MAU labeled me as "job abandonment." Because of MAU's coding in security's system, I was no longer allowed on site and could not continue working for the client.
    MAU's practices are a direct contradiction of their stated Value and Mission statements.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more active role in employees' jobs/careers. Management should provide incentives to engage employees such as offering increased PTO time after a certain number of years, or some system for pay raises. Management should provide a career path or advancement opportunities.

unhappy former work

BMW Production Associate (Former Employee)

ProsNone I can see with this company

Consget paying for vacation and not take it off the same week. No respect for the workers, no respect form company supervisions your treat like a dog not person. Also young women that are disrespect when work hard. When there is a shut-down at plant there is no decent pay or help for workers. You can't get approve for a decent interest rate on anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat other the way you want to be treated. We had learn that can't you.

Lies and a whole lot of lead on.

Assembly (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsIf you are hard up for a job with nothing to look forward to in your career or life and all you care about is a decent paycheck MAU is the place for you. Although it will probable depend on which client you work for.

ConsOf course its a typical staffing company, I worked with them 1 year the only time I would see my on site MAU supervisor is when someone got in trouble or at the "all associate meeting". Good luck calling the main office and getting ahold of anyone who is willing to help, staff is rude and don't listen at all, at less you go to the office in person. Here is a perfect scenario for anyone perusing employment that may be helpful. Note this I worked a year at an undisclosed client of MAU they are coming up lay off so I did what any normal/smart person would do and persue employment else where before my lay off date which was "up in the air". I gave then my 2 working days notice called in on my last day and they say since I did not work my total notice I was not eligible for re-hire. Remember I have not missed one day or been late at all now I'm not eligible for re hire. I mean serious? Not that I really care because I have a new job lined up but I'm not the type to burn my bridges. In my opinion they burned one with me. That scenario will just prove to anyone that no matter how dedicated you are to a company they are not the same to you especially when they can't give you a hard date for a lay off, and they tell you in their meeting we don't know what's going to happen. Uh well you better figure it out or I will. Oh and remember this the whole time we were working they drug all the associates on by promising a hire on that never happened.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake on site supervisors more visible to the associates as well as the client. So we don't have to call the office and never get a return phone call. Figure out issues rather than I dont knows.

Worked for MAU Workforce Solutions? Contribute to the Community!