MAU Workforce Solutions

William Hatcher

Wanting More

Current Employee - Production Associate in Beech Island, SC
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Beech Island, SC

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Will listen to employee's complaints. Offer incentives sometimes

Cons

Very fast past at times. It also has slow moments when there is no work. Kimberly Clark will not hire MAU employee's. The work is very physical.

Workers need to be paid more for the work that is done. Better health insurance. Workers should be paid time off for sick leave or days and vacation pay at the time of your vacation.

Great company to work for"

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

The Environment, the opportunity to learn, the training. It is a great place to learn the HR field. The moral in the office is always up. Great team atmosphere.

Cons

Switching positions numerous times and never getting a pay increase even though work load increases.

You are great at encouraging your employees....but money talks.

Great pay with overtime; no days off.

Current Employee - Unloader (Hoist) in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Unloader (Hoist) in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work is not that bad (assembly line). But they work every day; no day off ( except for supervisors). The people on third shift are the friendliest people I've ever worked with. You get regular overtime on the 6th day at work and double time ($25 on hour) for the sventh day at work.

Cons

Working every day; hard on family life.

Hire more production workers so we can get one day off a week.

Administrator at GE

Current Employee - Clerical Administrator in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Clerical Administrator in Greenville, SC

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, Great boss, and cool job.

Cons

GE is unorganized and the position will not become permanent unless I find a position through Ge myself and apply.

Hire some contractors/ admin positions permanently.

solid rates/great benefits

Former Employee - Production Associate in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Greenville, SC

I worked at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay rate is satisfactory for a decent living in this demographically area and the health benefits are surperb.

Cons

Human Resources seem to be one sided. You don't feel supported by them. and job security isn't promised. you can be let go for any reason.

Human Resources should be more honest about the reality of the position and give the subordinates opportunity to decide whether a position and or opportunity is suitable for them.

Forklift Operator

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Beech Island, SC
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Beech Island, SC

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady work. Strong standards. Fair pay.

Cons

Lack of good management. Too picky on on little issues that could be a benefit, but are turned into a negative.

Train. Acknowledge. Promote.

Do not believe anything that is told to you, unless it is in writing!!! You must snitch, and kiss butt TO KEEP JOB!

Former Employee - LC05 Logistics in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - LC05 Logistics in Greer, SC

I worked at MAU Workforce Solutions as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for three and a half years at the BMW location, the only thing good that I can say about MAU / TOS or BMW is, if you are desperate for paycheck, decent pay.

Cons

Not enough room to tell all, so I got a short true tale about myself!!!
    After two years on the job, one night in small parts, I had a work related injury. MAU and workers comp did everything they could to hold up my benefits, and did so for 7 weeks. Upon return I worked about 5 weeks. then I was run into with a fork lift, mind you that is a culpable Accident. MAU and Insurance would not separate the first from the last, less they be sued. Now after a total of 10 months laid up out of work, I get to go back to work. I could only do so by asking the doctor for a 100% release to work. Knowing the many processes used, section leaders refused to allow me any job other than the ones that aggravated my injury and accident. Ultimately wile on a fork lift I dropped a palette of AC vents. 4 weeks later I had a Heart Attack on the job. 2 weeks to the day I am fired. WARNINING DO NOT EVER USE MAU / BMW FOR WORK HISTORY!!!! They told unemployment I was fired for property damage, but tell prospective employers I was fire as a health risk.

They will lie to your face and tell you that there is good opportunity to be hired on by BMW LIE LIE LIE!!!! LET ME TELL YOU THE ONLY WAY FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!!! Never be late for work, or leave early!!! Never have a post accident report done for something involving you!!! Stay working for at least 3 years and maintain the before mentioned for that three years!!! last of all, YOU MUST KISS ALL THE BUTT YOU CAN, or hang it up for BMW to hire you. I say this because there are people that I know for a fact did everything and for some reason that the Shift Leader did not like them, they blocked the hiring.

One other thing to think about. MAU every year that I was there does a house cleaning! From Jan through March, any reason that they can think of will get you fired. This is only so that they can keep the Bonus Money that you earned. I see it that they ripped me off for 2300.00 this go. But do not be fooled they got that money.

If you can not tell the truth, keep you mouth shut. NO ONE LIKES A LIER!!!!

No loyalty to existing professional staff

Current Employee - Associate Relations Leader in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Associate Relations Leader in Greer, SC

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dependable income as long as MAU has the BMW contract. Minorities and females are giving super seniority over any other EEOC classification. If you meet one of those two groups, you should apply.

Cons

You will be misled into believing that you can be hired by BMW, but all the admin and professional staff are prohibited from being considered by BMW. On-site senior managers are con artist. They will slant the truth in most conversations. They are afraid one of the subordinates may have talent.

Quit trying to soft soap everything. Try and be honest and open with your subordinates.

It was a good company to work for overall.

Former Employee - Production Associate in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Greer, SC

I worked at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They can help you get employment with BMW. They pay pretty well for a temp agency.

Cons

nothing outside the norm of working for any company.

None

Positive experience, still employed and have enjoyed the ride.

I have been working at MAU Workforce Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family-oriented atmosphere. Excellent culture. Managers that are interested in you as a person, as well as your professional development. Opportunities to learn and grow. Strong teamwork among immediate coworkers. Flexibility.

Cons

Relatively small internal staff, so limited opportunities for growth the further up you advance.

Continue investing in associates and enhancing the organization's structure. Tremendous strides have been made over the last few years as it pertains to internal communication, cross-training, standardization, employee empowerment and objective metrics by which to measure success.