MAVERICK Technologies

Updated October 5, 2014
4.6

MAVERICK Technologies CEO Paul J. Galeski
Paul J. Galeski

A great introduction to the world of automation in a company that promotes work/life balance.

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having the flexibility to take days off when needed. Comp time is a perk that few other companies seem to have. There is a clear vision for growth and the direction the company is going in from upper level management. Managers are willing to help develop and train the engineers under them. There is a reasonable level of respect for work/life balance from management.

Cons

Sometimes as a new engineer you might feel underwhelmed starting out by the work you are doing which seems to be really simple and task-oriented. The Houston location is very far out of town so commutes for some can be longer than average. Project assignments can be somewhat unpredictable depending on clients and need for resources on different projects. Management has a tendency to "keep people billable" which can sometimes be detrimental to a new engineer's development.

Try to make a bigger effort to give new engineers a variety of experience and good senior level mentors. Make professional development a higher priority for engineers in the company. The tendency to keep people billable causes engineers to be static in the skills and development.

Great place to work and learn

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All of the people I've met at Maverick are friendly and great to work with. They have an emphasis on working safely and efficiently. Other coworkers are happy to help you if you don't understand how something works or if you need help.

Cons

Some times there is a lot of work and other times there isn't much. You will have to travel for some contracts, which isn't always a bad thing if you are prepared for it or willing to move.

None

Working Mom - fully utilizing your skills and time by telecommuting.

Current Employee - Engineer II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Who wants to give up their college degree after pregnancy? Who wants to leave their kids at day care during infancy? I get the best of both worlds thanks to Maverick Technologies. They trust their employees, and you reap what you sow. I get to be a part of a supportive team, I am involved in engaging work, and it is constantly evolving to something more challenging and rewarding. My job scope is mentally stimulating, and that is important to help keep my mind sharp in my world of bottles and diapers! The management is very cooperative and supportive to help me through balancing my career and motherhood. I couldn't ask for more!

Cons

I am working all day - frequently switching hat from Engineer to Mother. So it is important that there's balance between work and play

Maintain the "small size" feel while growing into a big company, so employees remain important and not turn into just another worker bee.

Fun, challenging, enabling. 14 years with this company, and it's still interesting.

Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialast in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialast in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Your value to this company is based on your dedication and performance. You work hard and do a good job, and they will make sure you know it and are treated accordingly. Some projects are simple, giving you a break. Some projects are pretty demanding, giving you an opportunity to excel and feel productive. You get compensated for every hour worked - unusual for an engineering professional. There are two distinct advantages to this. If you have to work more, you get compensated. The other advantage is management can't just over-work employees to make extra money. You constantly learn new things and grow professionally no matter how long you are here. There is a high level of transparency and communication up and down the chain. Still a small enough feel that you know all your managers, up to the CEO level, and they know you. If you don't like something, or have an idea, or a general comment, they will listen to you.

Cons

In this field, you don't learn everything you need in college. Plan on continuing to learn from day 1 here.

Continue to support the growth of your employees, they are your primary assets. Keep the work hard - play hard mentality.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have had the ability to learn and grow my career without having to change companies. MAVERICK has invested in me and I am invested with them. I love coming to work each day as the people are great and we all work together as a team. I can't image working anywhere else.

Cons

It is a challenging job that is difficult at times, but having others in the company to lean on has been great. There are new challenges everyday, which can be stressful at times.

Continue to provide an atmosphere for employees to learn and grow. Never lose the small company feel as we grow into a larger company.

MAVERICK Technologies Response

Oct 6, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

This is great feedback, thank you for sharing! As we grow, one of our goals is to keep that small company feel. If you have any ideas on how we can continue to promote our culture to new employees ... More

A growing company with opportunities for recent graduates to seasoned experts in Process Automation

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Maverick will give you opportunities to stretch yourself and do things you did not even know you could do. Entrepreneurial organization willing to let team members with a plan, create new businesses offerings under the MAVERICK umbrella. If your "Biased for Action" you'll fit the culture and you are likely to succeed. Results = Rewards at MAVERICK.

Cons

You will work hard and sometimes the hours can be long, but when you love what you do and the team you work with, all that really does not matter. If your a clock watcher or like to stand on the sidelines and watch, MAVERICK is not a good fit.

Stay on the path you are on. We are building something GREAT here.

Cream of the Crop

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have almost 40 years of experience in the engineering/integration field and Maverick is the best company I've ever worked for. You get to work on multiple projects each year, therefore you aren't stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over. Also, management is very approachable and listens to your ideas or suggestions.

Cons

The only challenge with the job is dealing with tight schedules sometimes.

Great working here.

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. Every day is challenging.

Cons

Nothing significant to add here.

Keep doing what you are doing

I have recently been employed with Maverick, so far it is great! They really make you feel welcomed.

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The CEO is in the same office as me.
    The culture is wonderful. We work hard but play hard too. My coworkers are all very welcoming.
    Maverick seems to be pretty flexible.
    Its all quality work!

Cons

So far I have not come into any cons. Its a lot of work but its worth it. I am actually doing what I went to school for.

Great employer, laid back environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The office culture is great and it's generally very easy to balance the work with your everyday life. For a decently large company, it really tends to avoid a highly corporate culture, in particular red tape is avoided.

Cons

There is a bit of a waiting period once you start, so you can get trained and on projects, but once you're ready they'll make sure you have work.

MAVERICK Technologies Photos