MAVERICK Technologies Reviews

37 reviews filtered by
4.7
MAVERICK Technologies CEO Paul J. Galeski
Paul J. Galeski

1. Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Engineer Co-Op in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer Co-Op in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The place is a great place to work. The job itself is good but the best thing about Maverick Technologies is the people. There are excellent personalities here and there is no feeling of intimidation. The management staff really knows how to run this office the right way.

Cons

Traffic is a bummer, but that's a given living in southern California. Benefits could probably be better, but everyone says that about their employer.

2. Awesome Team Culture

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The number one reason I've stayed with the company for over a decade is the quality of the people who work here. I know that whatever project I'm assigned to, I'll have people working alongside me who are skilled, dedicated, share knowledge without reservation, and have my back. Management is sometimes spread thin, but they try hard to let us get the job done right.

Compensation seems to be average, overall, with salaries seeming to be a little lower than average, but benefits being a little higher. Promotions and raises are sometimes a bit slow, but they are fairly applied.

MAVERICK's client list is diverse, which both brings opportunities for working in different and interesting industries, and helps the company weather the ups and downs of specific industries over the years.

Cons

Total compensation is average. Communication from mid-level management can be less than ideal at times. Travel assignments can be extended and abrupt. Work/life balance is better than many similar employers, but still is a common struggle.

Advice to Management

Work at keeping teams up to date with relevant information. Continue working to improve compensation and work/life balance. Be careful not to bog employees down with increasing bureaucracy.

3. Great place to work

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

Flexible schedule when in office

Cons

Sometimes too much extended travel

5. Excellent employer if Controls is your passion

Current Employee - Engineer in Columbia, IL

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company atmosphere, promotion of a work/life balance

Cons

Located in Illinois instead of Missouri

6. New Review

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

Ping pong table in break room

Cons

Beer keg is kept locked.

Great place to work and learn

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

All of the people I've met at Maverick are friendly and great to work with. They have an emphasis on working safely and efficiently. Other coworkers are happy to help you if you don't understand how something works or if you need help.

Cons

Some times there is a lot of work and other times there isn't much. You will have to travel for some contracts, which isn't always a bad thing if you are prepared for it or willing to move.

Advice to Management

None

Fun, challenging, enabling. 14 years with this company, and it's still interesting.

Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialast in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialast in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Your value to this company is based on your dedication and performance. You work hard and do a good job, and they will make sure you know it and are treated accordingly. Some projects are simple, giving you a break. Some projects are pretty demanding, giving you an opportunity to excel and feel productive. You get compensated for every hour worked - unusual for an engineering professional. There are two distinct advantages to this. If you have to work more, you get compensated. The other advantage is management can't just over-work employees to make extra money. You constantly learn new things and grow professionally no matter how long you are here. There is a high level of transparency and communication up and down the chain. Still a small enough feel that you know all your managers, up to the CEO level, and they know you. If you don't like something, or have an idea, or a general comment, they will listen to you.

Cons

In this field, you don't learn everything you need in college. Plan on continuing to learn from day 1 here.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the growth of your employees, they are your primary assets. Keep the work hard - play hard mentality.

9. Working Mom - fully utilizing your skills and time by telecommuting.

Current Employee - Engineer II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Who wants to give up their college degree after pregnancy? Who wants to leave their kids at day care during infancy? I get the best of both worlds thanks to Maverick Technologies. They trust their employees, and you reap what you sow. I get to be a part of a supportive team, I am involved in engaging work, and it is constantly evolving to something more challenging and rewarding. My job scope is mentally stimulating, and that is important to help keep my mind sharp in my world of bottles and diapers! The management is very cooperative and supportive to help me through balancing my career and motherhood. I couldn't ask for more!

Cons

I am working all day - frequently switching hat from Engineer to Mother. So it is important that there's balance between work and play

Advice to Management

Maintain the "small size" feel while growing into a big company, so employees remain important and not turn into just another worker bee.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have had the ability to learn and grow my career without having to change companies. MAVERICK has invested in me and I am invested with them. I love coming to work each day as the people are great and we all work together as a team. I can't image working anywhere else.

Cons

It is a challenging job that is difficult at times, but having others in the company to lean on has been great. There are new challenges everyday, which can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide an atmosphere for employees to learn and grow. Never lose the small company feel as we grow into a larger company.

MAVERICK Technologies Response

Oct 6, 2014Talent Acquisition Manager

This is great feedback, thank you for sharing! As we grow, one of our goals is to keep that small company feel. If you have any ideas on how we can continue to promote our culture to new employees ... More

11. Cream of the Crop

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have almost 40 years of experience in the engineering/integration field and Maverick is the best company I've ever worked for. You get to work on multiple projects each year, therefore you aren't stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over. Also, management is very approachable and listens to your ideas or suggestions.

Cons

The only challenge with the job is dealing with tight schedules sometimes.

MAVERICK Technologies Photos