MAVERICK Technologies Reviews

Paul J. Galeski

1. Featured Review

Awesome Team Culture

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The number one reason I've stayed with the company for over a decade is the quality of the people who work here. I know that whatever project I'm assigned to, I'll have people working alongside me who are skilled, dedicated, share knowledge without reservation, and have my back. Management is sometimes spread thin, but they try hard to let us get the job done right. Compensation seems to be average, overall, with salaries seeming to be a little lower than average, but benefits being a little higher. Promotions and raises are sometimes a bit slow, but they are fairly applied. MAVERICK's client list is diverse, which both brings opportunities for working in different and interesting industries, and helps the company weather the ups and downs of specific industries over the years.

Cons

Total compensation is average. Communication from mid-level management can be less than ideal at times. Travel assignments can be extended and abrupt. Work/life balance is better than many similar employers, but still is a common struggle.

Advice to Management

Work at keeping teams up to date with relevant information. Continue working to improve compensation and work/life balance. Be careful not to bog employees down with increasing bureaucracy.

Best

Current Employee - Technician in Columbia, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Columbia, IL

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for advancement. The culture is very unique. MAVERICK is rapidly growing, and is a power house in the automation field

Cons

Have not experienced any Cons at MAVERICK. MAVERICK is very understanding, and puts family first

3. Engineer II

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time

Pros

Great team environment. Great top-down communication of goals/vision from CEO. Great sales team that brings in top-notch clients.

Cons

Overall compensation (base pay and 401k employer matching) is below average for the automation/systems integration industry. Unable to retain higher level talent.

5. Automation Engineer I

Current Employee - Automation Engineer I
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer I

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time

Pros

Very flexible work environment Company is truly like a family. You can talk to/get help from any/everyone. Fast-paced environment where you learn something new every day Maverick understands new hires right out of college don't know a lot about automation controls and works with them to get training and "on the job" experience.

Cons

There can be small amounts or even large amounts of travel required depending on the projects you work on and the area you live in.

Advice to Management

Keep Maverick's family feel and flexibility.

6. company doesn't care about employees

Current Employee - Starving Electrician in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Starving Electrician in Mobile, AL

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

the jobs and work was good when they had them

Cons

have been left without work for 5 months now while still employed with them and not being compensated for bit of it. while health insurance costs pile up.

Advice to Management

keep all employees working not just some while others are left sitting at home.

Great place to work!

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

Maverick has an amazing company culture unlike any other place I've worked at. They really take care of their employees and offer numerous ways to develop your career more.

Cons

There are no cons working for Maverick.

No work Quotes to High

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very poor moral at the moment, not much to say

Cons

Been a PM for a few years. Work opportunities keep getting lost because profit margins need to be 1/3 the project cost with a markup of a huge amount at least to pay for excessive empire building at the home office. This causes to many people just sitting on the bench doing nothing. The PM's get all the blame and if we find work, then the BDM's cost it to high.

Advice to Management

Drop some of the fat from the home office and reduce overhead costs or you best people will start leaving the sinking ship. Stop day dreaming about the big score.

9. Control Systems Specialist

Current Employee - Control Systems Specialist in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Control Systems Specialist in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The work hard play hard culture here is amazing. The company is very transparent to its employees. Teams are like family.

Cons

Benefits cost more with this company then I have had in the past, would like to see higher percentage for dependents.

10. Decent company

Current Employee - Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of smart engineers, and the company will keep you engaged even when things are slow. Comp time is a great structure.

Cons

Lot of variability between the quality of work and best practices across the company, because it's so spread out and works in so many different industries.

11. Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Engineer Co-Op in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer Co-Op in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The place is a great place to work. The job itself is good but the best thing about Maverick Technologies is the people. There are excellent personalities here and there is no feeling of intimidation. The management staff really knows how to run this office the right way.

Cons

Traffic is a bummer, but that's a given living in southern California. Benefits could probably be better, but everyone says that about their employer.

RSS Feed </> Embed