MAVERICK Technologies

Updated September 25, 2014
4.4

MAVERICK Technologies CEO Paul J. Galeski
Paul J. Galeski

Great place to work and learn

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of the people I've met at Maverick are friendly and great to work with. They have an emphasis on working safely and efficiently. Other coworkers are happy to help you if you don't understand how something works or if you need help.

Cons

Some times there is a lot of work and other times there isn't much. You will have to travel for some contracts, which isn't always a bad thing if you are prepared for it or willing to move.

None

Working Mom - fully utilizing your skills and time by telecommuting.

Current Employee - Engineer II  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Who wants to give up their college degree after pregnancy? Who wants to leave their kids at day care during infancy? I get the best of both worlds thanks to Maverick Technologies. They trust their employees, and you reap what you sow. I get to be a part of a supportive team, I am involved in engaging work, and it is constantly evolving to something more challenging and rewarding. My job scope is mentally stimulating, and that is important to help keep my mind sharp in my world of bottles and diapers! The management is very cooperative and supportive to help me through balancing my career and motherhood. I couldn't ask for more!

Cons

I am working all day - frequently switching hat from Engineer to Mother. So it is important that there's balance between work and play

Maintain the "small size" feel while growing into a big company, so employees remain important and not turn into just another worker bee.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have had the ability to learn and grow my career without having to change companies. MAVERICK has invested in me and I am invested with them. I love coming to work each day as the people are great and we all work together as a team. I can't image working anywhere else.

Cons

It is a challenging job that is difficult at times, but having others in the company to lean on has been great. There are new challenges everyday, which can be stressful at times.

Continue to provide an atmosphere for employees to learn and grow. Never lose the small company feel as we grow into a larger company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, challenging, enabling. 14 years with this company, and it's still interesting.

Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialast  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialast in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Your value to this company is based on your dedication and performance. You work hard and do a good job, and they will make sure you know it and are treated accordingly. Some projects are simple, giving you a break. Some projects are pretty demanding, giving you an opportunity to excel and feel productive. You get compensated for every hour worked - unusual for an engineering professional. There are two distinct advantages to this. If you have to work more, you get compensated. The other advantage is management can't just over-work employees to make extra money. You constantly learn new things and grow professionally no matter how long you are here. There is a high level of transparency and communication up and down the chain. Still a small enough feel that you know all your managers, up to the CEO level, and they know you. If you don't like something, or have an idea, or a general comment, they will listen to you.

Cons

In this field, you don't learn everything you need in college. Plan on continuing to learn from day 1 here.

Continue to support the growth of your employees, they are your primary assets. Keep the work hard - play hard mentality.

Cream of the Crop

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have almost 40 years of experience in the engineering/integration field and Maverick is the best company I've ever worked for. You get to work on multiple projects each year, therefore you aren't stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over. Also, management is very approachable and listens to your ideas or suggestions.

Cons

The only challenge with the job is dealing with tight schedules sometimes.

A growing company with opportunities for recent graduates to seasoned experts in Process Automation

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Maverick will give you opportunities to stretch yourself and do things you did not even know you could do. Entrepreneurial organization willing to let team members with a plan, create new businesses offerings under the MAVERICK umbrella. If your "Biased for Action" you'll fit the culture and you are likely to succeed. Results = Rewards at MAVERICK.

Cons

You will work hard and sometimes the hours can be long, but when you love what you do and the team you work with, all that really does not matter. If your a clock watcher or like to stand on the sidelines and watch, MAVERICK is not a good fit.

Stay on the path you are on. We are building something GREAT here.

Great working here.

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work life balance. Every day is challenging.

Cons

Nothing significant to add here.

Keep doing what you are doing

Great employer, laid back environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies

Pros

The office culture is great and it's generally very easy to balance the work with your everyday life. For a decently large company, it really tends to avoid a highly corporate culture, in particular red tape is avoided.

Cons

There is a bit of a waiting period once you start, so you can get trained and on projects, but once you're ready they'll make sure you have work.

Maverick Technologies is a great company to work at.

Current Employee - Designer  in  Columbia, IL
    Current Employee - Designer in Columbia, IL

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The people and the opportunity the company gives you.

Cons

One of the challenges working here is traveling

Seriously a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer - Automation Solutions  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer - Automation Solutions in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pros with Maverick start with the senior leadership, who definitely take much more time / energy than is "strictly necessary" to build relationships with employees, even in offices that aren't particularly closely located to HQ. Mid-level managers are hardworking, practical, and understanding. They will pick up the phone and listen when you have a question or concern. The bulk of the engineering staff are GREAT to work with. There is a definite workplace camaraderie that would be difficult to find elsewhere.

The work is extremely varied, with opportunities existing in a variety of fields and across many process control platforms & technologies. To be clear, not every project is a pleasure to work on, but management is very responsive to personal needs and preferences, so bad situations can be as temporary as possible. Maverick managers do understand that people have limitations and will not simply work you to burnout.

Self-motivation & independent thinking isn't just "preferred" - I'd go so far as to say that these are almost requirements to thriving in this organization. There is definitely an atmosphere where everyone with good ideas will be listened to.

Cons

There are times where circumstances dictate that you can't select the control platforms / customers / industries / project type for your project portfolio. This dictates a certain flexibility from the employee to be patient with his/her assignments and communicate clearly what career goals they would like to pursue with management. This point really comes with the territory in this industry.

Mid-level managers (Operations Mangers, Process Managers) may need to be more aggressive about reaching out to employees to "check the pulse" from time to time. This is particularly applicable to younger resources who may not understand that the "open door" policy among management is more than a marketing gimmick.

MAVERICK Technologies Photos

Worked for MAVERICK Technologies? Contribute to the Community!