MAVERICK Technologies

MAVERICK Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

MAVERICK Technologies CEO Paul J. Galeski

Paul J. Galeski

Maverick Technologies is a great company to work at.

Designer (Current Employee) Columbia, IL

ProsThe people and the opportunity the company gives you.

ConsOne of the challenges working here is traveling

Seriously a Great Place to Work

Senior Engineer - Automation Solutions (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsThe pros with Maverick start with the senior leadership, who definitely take much more time / energy than is "strictly necessary" to build relationships with employees, even in offices that aren't particularly closely located to HQ. Mid-level managers are hardworking, practical, and understanding. They will pick up the phone and listen when you have a question or concern. The bulk of the engineering staff are GREAT to work with. There is a definite workplace camaraderie that would be difficult to find elsewhere.

The work is extremely varied, with opportunities existing in a variety of fields and across many process control platforms & technologies. To be clear, not every project is a pleasure to work on, but management is very responsive to personal needs and preferences, so bad situations can be as temporary as possible. Maverick managers do understand that people have limitations and will not simply work you to burnout.

Self-motivation & independent thinking isn't just "preferred" - I'd go so far as to say that these are almost requirements to thriving in this organization. There is definitely an atmosphere where everyone with good ideas will be listened to.

ConsThere are times where circumstances dictate that you can't select the control platforms / customers / industries / project type for your project portfolio. This dictates a certain flexibility from the employee to be patient with his/her assignments and communicate clearly what career goals they would like to pursue with management. This point really comes with the territory in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid-level managers (Operations Mangers, Process Managers) may need to be more aggressive about reaching out to employees to "check the pulse" from time to time. This is particularly applicable to younger resources who may not understand that the "open door" policy among management is more than a marketing gimmick.

Challenging work and a great place to grow

ProsMaverick has the benefits of a large company, but each office environment is like a small company. The project work is challenging. I am always learning. You gain a huge variety of experiences in a short amount of time. If I have a problem, the company backs me up.
    Maverick has a great buddy program for new hires.
    Each employee is encouraged in career advancement.

ConsThere is usually some travel involved. One problem with a large company, spread out across the country, is that you only get to see other engineers on big projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive inexperienced engineers challenges from the very beginning.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Great Place to Work

Senior Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReally good management that is genuinely interested in their employees. A very relaxed atmosphere where work / life balance is very important. Although it is very relaxed, some of the best engineering work I've ever witnessed gets done each and every day.

Consthis is a company on the move, this is actually both a pro and a con....

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

Hands down, the best company that I have worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, IL

ProsVery flexible work schedule. Work hard, play hard with awesome perks - family picnic, holiday party, happy hour, and many other events to boost morale. MAVERICK truly is a great company that cares deeply for their employees.

ConsI do not have anything negative to say about MAVERICK.

Great potential for career advancement

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMAVERICK is a great place to where your potential is only limited by your own performance. I have been with the company for over 12 years, I started as a co-op student and have progressed my career through engineering roles and into a project management role.

As the company continues to grow we have attracted top notch staff at all levels from executive team down to entry level engineers. We work collectively to provide high quality project execution. One key advantage to working for a systems integrator of this size is that there is almost always someone that has the technical knowledge and is happy to provide you support.

Throughout the growth process, MAVERICK has managed to keep the small business feeling where you are part of the family, its not just a job. I can honestly say that I enjoy going to work... every day I get to work with great people we work hard and tackle new technical challenges but at the end of the day we have fun.

ConsI do not have anything negative to say about MAVERICK.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is headed for great things. Continue to maintain our top quality staff and keep actively looking towards the future.

You better be billable or the bench will have thorns!

Senior Control Systems Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsMAVERICK is fortunate in that they are growing. Our CEO is a visionary, not to mention a great guy, and communicates well the direction MAVERICK is going. Legacy systems are reaching their full life-cycle in most all control system platforms and now is a prime time to be in the integration business. Better stated, MAVERICK is poised to be the leading integrator in North America once the flood gates are fully opened. I love the work hard, play hard culture. Most of all, I really enjoy my job and working for MAVERICK!

ConsIf you are not assigned to a project, or unapplied, the bench, or idle is where you sit. Most people sorta freak out when they are NOT billable as you are now an asset liability. At times, there is little overlapping or coordination of project assignments - it's like winning the lottery when you get back on a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach office should have an engineering resource manager that all engineers report to. They'd coordinate directly with the project managers to resource load their projects. Also, providing guidance, personal development, training and accountability of each engineer.

Looking forward to starting as a full time employee

Engineer I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company culture (work hard/play hard)
    Cooperative Environment
    Meaning full work in a variety of industries

ConsNo major cons-The amount of work can vary over the course of a year

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany's headed in a great direction, keep doing what you're doing!

A small company feel with a large company stability. Work hard / Play hard culture.

Director (Current Employee)

ProsSenior management has a very open and collaborative nature. Everyone seems to be working toward common goals and there is little room for company politics. I've made some great friends in this company.

ConsWe're going through some growing pains as we move from a medium to large size company. There have been some bumps in the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile we have a lot of initiatives to make the company, and our employees experiences better, we need to ensure that those initiatives make it down to all levels to where they see the benefits.

It’s Fun To Come To Work

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Columbia, IL

ProsThe people are great from top to bottom. They are easy to get to know and take the time to get to know you. Every person is valued, and our leadership takes a genuine interest in getting to know you as a person.

ConsIt’s a dynamic environment that is always evolving. Decisions have to be made quickly and sometimes you have to react even faster. That can be stressful if people are not ready for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we continue to grow, I hope we work very hard to keep MAVERICK's work culture. It empowers people to jump into things they would not normally have to opportunity to do.

Worked for MAVERICK Technologies? Contribute to the Community!