MAXIMUS

Be The First To
Add Photos

MAXIMUS President, CEO, and Director Rich Montoni

Rich Montoni

Pros:
  • "The pay is good compared to other companies"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great place to grow and fine tune your skills"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Recent late schedules leave little to no time to live a normal life"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The call center supervisors are extremely rude to callers and staff"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Boise, ID

I have been working at MAXIMUS as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEasy job to do not as many requirements as other call centers. They try to make the days enjoyable with free food, activities and dress up days. Good pay and benefits.

ConsIt is a very stressful environment. Low pay for the type of work. Not the type of job that makes you want to go to work everyday.

This company doesn't care about its people

I have been working at MAXIMUS as a contractor

ProsOkay office, nice local area. People from many cultures; good belief in hiring diversity.

ConsLeadership/Management does not agree with each other making things very difficult for people working there. Upper management is talented, but they hire sub-par managers to work in their name to run call centers. Workers are considered seat warmers. No room for growth. No organizational structure. Everyone is scared they will not know when they will be laid off. Come on. Is that a good way to work?

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider hiring people who care about people. If you take care of them, they will take care of you.

It was a pleasure working with a lot of talented people

I have been working at MAXIMUS as a contractor

ProsGreat Salary and lots to learn

ConsManagement could do a better job

I was actually happy and relieved when I got let go.

Operations Clerk (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time for less than a year

ProsAlright pay and alright hours

ConsThe weirdest work environment ever. It's so quiet all you here are key strokes and mouses clicking. You will actually get into trouble for talking. Def a big brother feeling. Awful employee morale. I felt like I was in the hunger games watching people drop like flies. Very high turn over rate. Very unfriendly work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire team leads who actually know what they are doing and who have people skills. It's sad when you walk by leadership in the hallway and they look the other way and pretend you don't exist. It's also sad to see supervisors standing outside of their office watching to make sure their employees aren't getting up too many times during the day, texting, talking. Don't you guys have real work to do. God forbid we even sneeze out loud.

FEP

I have been working at MAXIMUS

ProsInsurance Plan is not terrible

ConsLow pay, no advancement opportunity, unprofessional, reactionary management, petty office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementShameful lack of accountablity

Professional state of the art environment operated by a team of unprofessionals.

Operations Administrator (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time for more than a year

ProsDiverse work group at all levels

ConsManagement is unprofessional and detached from operations and views staff as personal servants. No opportunity for advancement. No quarterly feedback or annual reviews. No raises after 2 years.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

A Call Center That Claims it's Not a Call Center

Appeals Administrator (Current Employee)
Pittston Township, PA

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time for less than a year

ProsNice co-workers. Everyone is in the same boat - a sinking boat.

ConsNever have seen a place that tells you all the ways you can get "immediately dismissed" without ever a nice word to anyone. Management walks around like demi-gods. The slaves just do what they're told. They hire through temp agencies and you don't even know what your job title is, or what job you'll be doing. They are vague, and they like it that way. A mass state of confusion. Lies about "this is not a call center". Everyone has a headset on and a script (poorly written) in front of them. The demi-gods walk around and say "Phone" if you don't have a headset on. Or they call meetings to tell you more ways you can get fired. Treated like children. Raise your hand for help. Oh, wait - there's nobody around for help! - you're on your own, and you better do it right, or you'll be dismissed!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horses and treat people decently. Put your cell phones away.

Easy Job

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at MAXIMUS as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCoworkers are really nice, and supervisors seem to care and try to help as much as they can

Conssometimes it can get really boring

WOW, high school all over again....

Athens, TX

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work hours, no weekends/holidays. good benefits, decent pay for rural area

ConsHorrible management staff, rules/polices are only enforced to certain people only, the work is more on a robot level, no support system at all, no room for errors unless you are in mamgement, in which they think they are perfect, lol, white trash w/ a lil money so to speak.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn outside firm should come in and see just how the Athens, TX call center is ran and operated...will blow their mind!!! Management teams needs to be reminded they are no better than anyone else, w/out the ccr's doing the hard work, they can't sit around and gossip, or shop, or play on FaceBook all day...worse than high school...

A cesspool

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible hours allows employees to manage career and personal life.

ConsLack of accountability throughout Management staff. VERY poor training, all areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership, lack of. Management in most areas is not accountable, a lot of passing the buck at this company. VERY high turnover rate throughout management. Employee morale extremely low throughout departments. Poor training for entry level personnel produces a very fast turnover rate that usually includes many PHI incidents. Better hiring practices, and background verification would be recommended.

Worked for MAXIMUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAXIMUS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MAXIMUS CEO Rich Montoni. All 178 reviews posted anonymously by MAXIMUS employees.