MAXIMUS

Updated December 17, 2014
2.4

MAXIMUS President, CEO, and Director Rich Montoni
Rich Montoni

Pros
  • good pay, mostly friendly employees, some management helpful (in 12 reviews)

• You truly are helping people in the community and changing lives, so big picture is important (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Recent late schedules leave little to no time to live a normal life (in 10 reviews)

• None, except maybe more room for advancement (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Good experience for those looking for a challenge. Don't work here just to collect a check. You wont like it.

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time

Pros

Laid back
    Easy to succeed if you care and have a positive attitude towards challenges.

Cons

Very high staff expectations, mostly due to executive management pushing low staff levels to save money or low-balling contract proposals which leads to unrealistic budgets.
    Very small company that recently expanded exponentially in the last few years. On the IT side of things, upper management is used to being a small company and runs things as such, which doesn't translate well for standardization, best practices, or IT resources.

Lessen our margins to increase our reputation..its getting pretty bad in a lot of places, largely due to unrealistic budgets.

Maximus

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

Lots of great people to work with

Cons

Systems go down managers havent been on phones theirselves.

Hire managers that habe been on the floor

Recommended

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

Multiple projects and the opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

Long hours. Lack of management consistency across projects.

Consistency

Maximus experience was awesome. A great world-wide company with upward mobility

Former Employee - Supervisor in Edinburg, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Edinburg, TX

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

Monday through Friday no earlier than 8am no later than 6 pm

Cons

The product - HHSC clients can be difficult at times but that is the business.

None at this time, would love to come back

Love working for the company

Former Employee - Image Assembly Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Image Assembly Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Was able to move to different department are training in the a different field

Cons

You had to earn you time off for vacations and sick time.

Upper management was every friendly and care about all employees that work in every department.

working for this company

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

Learn more about Public dealing

Cons

good place for experience in HR

Immense turnover

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

I always look for the friends that i have/had there, someone i know/knew to talk to/have lunch with and not to feel incredibility alone in a cold massive cave of a cafeteria. Going home, and the people on the security staff that say good morning and good night to me. They are the only staff that actually says that.

Cons

I wondered why the high body count at my facility. Different people all the time. People i got to know were suddenly gone. Such a high body count that it is a strange environment, not a very happy one. Found out that several temp companies are contracted to provide the bodies, one leaves for any circumstance it is replaced, but if a body requests another job from their company, and asks to leave, the the temp agency is penalized. Many that i have interacted with are looking for more humane treatment. The treatment of employees from right to work states to non-RTW is definable. People in RTW states are more hungry for work, but so are all the others. Personal growth is severely limited , time off is on the days you are given unless it is a mandatory day in which you are required to be there, they do not supply benefits if you are contracted,"IF" you are a Maximus employee you get amazing insurance. Cafeteria is vending machines(with ATM's) full of junk, microwaves, and refrigerators.
    Having customer/consumers call in for us to help them, and they swear, yell, are abusive to us, and one blew an air horn in the phone of a co-workers head set because he didn't like what was said. Her ears hurt so bad that she was in tears.

The company stated and demanded professionalism in the workplace from the classrooms (the people that came in to talk to us, i have never seen again), there was policies codes for: attire and so forth, language, and more. Then why have i seen an heard staff defining inappropriate language, as a second language skill? Dress Attire? What dress attire? Drug screening? Even when you deal with temp agencies? Not hard to tell when someone is enjoying the altitude. How about the treatment by the staff that walk the floors that are to assist the people that are on the phones? What is up with that? So if you have cameras, and listening devices everywhere, inside and out, what are you actually looking for?, paying attention to? Doesn't a positive environment create positive growth? Warm and creative atmosphere brings forth ingenious creations and motivations. Happy people who are truthfully happy, and not just a script, make people feel valued and important. I should even begin to ask this because i know it will not make a difference, no answer will be made, as all will be ignored, as one base feeds the business that is worldwide, and has immense and powerful economical profitable growth.

Nice company

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

I like working here. I worked here for 3 months.

Cons

Alot of people work there.

Should have paid more attention to the Glassdoor reviews before I accepted this job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

co-workers are very nice and it's close to the Metro

Cons

too much gossip and very low morale
    micro managers.
    leadership is clueless as to what is going on in the front lines.

Leadership should take better care of their employees. They are aware of the low morale, yet do nothing about it. In 2015, you'll see even more turnover. Very sad...

Css salary

Former Employee - Csr3e in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Csr3e in New York, NY

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company, benefits very cheap

Cons

Company managers promise review and salary increase after 3 month. That did not happen. Have been with company over a year, got 17 cents raise. Wooohooo. Now i make $16.17 hr

Do not bs new hires