MAXIMUS

www.maximus.com
Profile Unclaimed

Corporate office is completely out of touch with the field

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The individual field offices who work very hard to support the populations they serve, despite lack of support from the corporate office

Cons

Decisions, policies and procedures coming from the corporate office demonstrate clear ignorance to the business challenges of the field offices. Posting a job is like an act of congress and you are forced to post inaccurate job postings, resulting in difficulty with filling positions. You are forced to go through the corporate office for everything and adding insult to injury, they never respond to your inqueries or you go round in circles with them because they live in such a bubble and don't know or care what your office needs to do business. Corporate staff treats field staff like they are idiots. I could go on.

require all corporate staff to work in a busy field office for at least six months. Key executives in the Corp office need to do the same.

At Last! A place for the Masochist to call home...briefly!

Former Employee - CSR-ES in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - CSR-ES in San Antonio, TX

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a student of history this experience has been invaluable in seeing and living in the conditions leading to such historic events as the French and Russian revolutions. Bravo and Well done! Now I get it!

Cons

How many days shall I allocate to filling in this section? Its climate is refreshingly at odds with its optimistic corporate sloganry. The words "Arbeit Macht Frei" have been thoughtfully omitted from the entrance gate leading to this enchanting facility and they don't actually need watchtowers or barbed wire. I am relieved to see that this venue provides employment opportunities for sociopaths as supervisors. It was difficult watching them inflict themselves upon my coworkers whom I grew to love and care about as co-sufferers of a common ordeal. It was like being forced to watch a rape in progress. In 35 years of working I have never witnessed such unending abuses. Motivational floggings were largely ineffective and subsequent attempts to "improve" by coworkers were regarded as largely insincere by management.I received a call telling me not to show up the next day at 8 pm...

Flee before the authorities can issue an arrest warrant!

My experience working for Maximus Inc

Former Employee - Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was paid weekly. I was fairly compenated for my position considering it was a private social service job. It would be a good first job for someone coming right out of college.

Cons

Maximus Inc initially offers the majority of their employess a temp to permanent position. You are actually staffed through contemporary staffing solutions, a service they pay to obtain new employees. After working with them for almost 2 yearswith the promise of becoming permanent numerous times, it became aparent that they do not turn over their staff permanently. You remain as a temp indefinitely with limited benefits and job security which is why I had to leave.

Seriously consider making you loyal and hard working employess permanent to avoid high turn over rates in many of your positions.

Good

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

Dealing with a diverse group of people with their reserved opinions about the company, you really develop a back bone

Cons

Computer systems are way too slow which affects customer service

Good Management Team

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Washington, DC

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

Work with great people who are well-versed in managing people. Full health care benefits for individual employee.

Cons

Poor work/life balance, no PTO for a full year.

Pay people for their experience.

Poor understanding of employee needs

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

Pay and free health care paid for by the company.

Cons

Managers not allowed to help employees with customers while you were talking to them. Managers not understanding of personal issues going on with employees. Managers not allowed to help with anything going on in an employees life that would be affecting work performance.

Allow your managers to help employees with customers. While I was there I only had one coaching with my manager, that was not nearly enough to help with any areas of improvement. Managers are not personable at all.

Do yourself a favor and do not work for this company!!

Current Employee - Case Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They do not expect you to do overtime...well actually they do not allow it. But when you get paid so little, we all want and need it.

Cons

The office is a throw back to high school with people who have no lives and thrive off of office gossip and not minding their own business. It is impossible to move up unless you are besties with management. The pay is not fair for the work we do and stress we endure. Bonuses are more difficult to get than you think. And there is no water dispenser...yes, I am serious. The water was apparently "too expensive".

Appreciate your employees more! We work our butts off and do not get the praise, pay or perks we deserve. I mean I think we at least deserve drinking water!!!

Terrible Time

Current Employee - Trainer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Trainer in Boise, ID

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

You got a paycheck, co-workers were sometimes friendly

Cons

Management had no clue on how to run an office

Go to school

Working for Maximus

Current Employee - Local Systems Administrator in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Local Systems Administrator in Boise, ID

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great management.
    Easy company to work with.
    Decent benefits package.

Cons

Does mostly contract work, making it hard to stay with the company in many instances long term.

Give more notification to employees about the status of contracts.

Horrible management and HC

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

Nice building but it used to be TMobile so that explains it. Good pay if you're an hourly CSR.

Cons

Managers like to mess around with agents. Trainer manager works you like a dog and micromanages. Worst job ever

Stop messing around with CSRs. Think about your employees and not yourself. Also pay your employees correctly! Be professional. Asking who is the hottest manager isn't part of the job!