MAXIMUS

www.maximus.com
Profile Unclaimed

working for this company

I have been working at MAXIMUS

Pros

Learn more about Public dealing

Cons

good place for experience in HR

Toxic company with lazy, disconnected ececutives who will do ANYTHING but the right thing.

Former Employee - Quality Director
    Former Employee - Quality Director

I worked at MAXIMUS

Pros

There are no pros, except the poor people who are trapped tbere working for minimum wages.

Cons

This whole company is a "con". Wages below state minimum, a completely inept HR department & condescending leadership.

Completely restructure your organisation and rebuild this company to be what you originally intended. If you are OK with treating employees like discarded trash, than continue current practices. Hopefully KARMA (get what you give) will run your nasty company into the ground.

Should have paid more attention to the Glassdoor reviews before I accepted this job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

co-workers are very nice and it's close to the Metro

Cons

too much gossip and very low morale
    micro managers.
    leadership is clueless as to what is going on in the front lines.

Leadership should take better care of their employees. They are aware of the low morale, yet do nothing about it. In 2015, you'll see even more turnover. Very sad...

Css salary

Former Employee - Csr3e in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Csr3e in New York, NY

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Large company, benefits very cheap

Cons

Company managers promise review and salary increase after 3 month. That did not happen. Have been with company over a year, got 17 cents raise. Wooohooo. Now i make $16.17 hr

Do not bs new hires

Not a very good employer, recommend you think twice before working here

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time

Pros

It was a job that paid decent for this area

Cons

Problems with training application. Deactivated and lost employee information. Extreme paranoia toward employees. Very disorganized. Poor communication

1.) improve the training program and support of it - so that when an required training application locks up on the 3rd day, it doesn't stay locked until the last day of training. My training app locked up, was reported and reported by the trainer, but did not get resolved until the final test was scheduled. I had to spend the training period observing the lessons, then when my app was finally unlocked, the day after the planned test - I had to rush through all the lessons, then take the test. Second, make very, very sure that key processes that are mandatory and for which if not followed can result in termination are drilled in and reinforced, not just mentioned once.
    2) Validate before deactivating employee access to timecard, email, and online university. 3 hours after I completed and passed my test, my access to these things was mysteriously deactivated. Because I couldn't access email during this period, I did not know who my supervisor was assigned. Any important job related communications were not received. It took two weeks and numerous calls to HR and other groups to get it resolved. It could only be fixed by the job offer being resent to me, I accepted and then everything could be set up again. Then in the next pay period, my direct deposit information was wiped and my check was mailed instead of deposited.
    3) Treat employees with respect and stop being so paranoid. When my access was deactivated, management came down and interrogated me. I was told I didn't work there, I was accused of being a spy for the media and I had to prove that I was an employee. On my third week on the call center floor, I accidentally missed a mandatory step when supporting a customer. My next day, when I came to work, my key card was deactivated and I was forced to sit in the lobby for an hour waiting for management to escort me before a higher level mgr, where I was asked if I wanted my job and if I liked working there. I was asked if I deliberately sabotaged the call. Then when it was explained that I missed this step, I was told I was terminated. No warning, no retraining, nothing. Just escorted out like I was a criminal - but hey - you were kind enough to tell me that I now qualified for Obamacare because I'm recently unemployed.
    4) Put better tracking and processing of requests in place. Requests to change shifts with other employees were approved, then lost and had to be resubmitted. Allow shift changes to be requested without requiring the exchange between employees. I lost out on shift changes because the coworkers I was swapping with quit and a shift change was not allowed for the now available slot.

Consumers service specialist III

Former Contractor - Consumers Services Special IT III in Albany, NY
    Former Contractor - Consumers Services Special IT III in Albany, NY

I worked at MAXIMUS as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Good start off pay, easy interview process you need to get hired through staffing company

Cons

Everything about this place sucks, managers, leads upper management everything ....I'm not naturally not a complainer but I had to write a review they hire favorites to move up in Company it's so hypocritical and unprofessional they don't even do drug tests when the company first started they didn't do background checks and there's now managers who who have a criminal records . Dress code is ridiculous, everyone looks like there about to go to club stay away don't get ducked in with the pay!!!

Temp job

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I have been working at MAXIMUS as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for the area. Training was excellent, they took time to ensure you knew the material. Full benefits if you were there long enough. Most people were genuinely friendly.

Cons

Temp job, inconsistent policies. They worker pool is pretty shallow as they have burnt many a bridge with the community there. This is leading to more and more bizarre behavior from seriously damaged people who were hired out of desperation to meet numbers.

Csr

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time

Pros

Good work environment and fun co workers

Cons

None, except maybe more room for advancement.

Maximus is a great company but the pay is horrible, unless you're in management.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful co workers
    Great benefits
    Family oriented
    Scheduling is great
    They give you lots pig chances on your attendance and try to work with you.

Cons

The pay is not all the great for the many tasks they have you doing. Some of the managers aren't friendly

Improve the pay and the turnover rate will go down

Great to learn what not to do!

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job and a paycheck

Cons

you name it they have done it! Poor Culture, bad Morale, Greedy top level management, Terrible training, UN fair and unrealistic expectations. Works for the government mostly but makes up it's own rules about things. Promotions are highly based on political stance with top management. Pay seems fair until you find out what they really want you to do. Company has a number of active fair labor act lawsuits going on.

Start listening to your front line people and you will learn what you are doing wrong.