MB Trading

1 Rating

OK Company

Former Employee - Programmer in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Programmer in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MB Trading full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Was there as a software engineer when it was a small company. Had creative freedom to design and code applications (they left me alone). Worked from home because they didn't have office space for me. Reported to a Lead Programmer who was very good, so I had help when needed. I got a raise only once in my five years there, but that was during the recession so I guess they figured they could get away with it.

Cons

Became stifling when they became bigger. Was laid off because of the lame excuse that I didn't want to work on a Sunday.

slave labor

I have been working at MB Trading

Pros

relaxed dress code bordering on obsene

Cons

incompetent management, no raises, bonuses, dumpy office environment, poor benefits, no advancement, no educational opportunities, poor ethical values, payscale very very low

Decent

I have been working at MB Trading

Pros

Ability to get fully licensed, freedom to work around your schedule, management is very fair with the employees stable company.

Cons

The really is no room for personal growth and lack of communication and focus on the big picture is missing.

Need to create pier groups and provide focus to the employees to generate a feeling of team building and a goal in which to work towards.

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at MB Trading full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

"Medium" size company get to know everyone and alot of overlap between departments.

Cons

Privately owned company ran by owners that were very successful at growing company but could not take it to the "next level." They have a great product for clients but poor customer support because they wont take care of employees, too often they let employees go instead of offering them raises.

Take care of your employees, listen to what they have to say about product development. Marketing is not instant, it takes time to see the results of a marketing campaign!