MBF Reviews

4.2
Kathy Dupuy

1. Nanny

I worked at MBF

Pros

Wonderful company. Everyone I worked with truly enjoyed engaging with children and providing stellar childcare.

Cons

I can't think of any! I loved getting to be a part of such a great company. I guess this definitely isn't the job for anyone that is not truly dedicated to their position as a nanny because MBF is very strict about being on your phone and they do ask for a review of your services from the families you nanny for.

Advice to Management

N/a you ladies were all so great!

2. Best Work Environment EVER!

Current Employee - Board of Directors in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Board of Directors in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't believe this many women work together, and we get along like sisters. Seriously, we have "family time" lunch breaks, regular outings together, and the best team mentality. Everyone is encouraging and supportive. The locally owned business is owned by people who know how to find the best people for the job, and then allow them to do it, and equip them with the tools that they need. Reward, encourage and celebrate are key words for this office!

Cons

This is a staffing business, which can be a tough one. The women (and a couple of men) who work here all seem to be 100% in for the growth and betterment of this company. Everyone is personally invested in the businesses' success. Team players only!

3. Wonderful, supportive, professional, and hard-working staff that is more of a family than an office!

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mom's Best Friend is such a great environment - awesome co-workers, super-high quality product (household staff), and management is very supportive of their team! The company continues to grow at a rapid rate each year, which is extremely encouraging!

Cons

I've worked here for many years, so my only challenge is personal - trying to come up with fresh new ideas for the company.

Advice to Management

Please continue to encourage inter-office bonding, because the more cohesive a team is, the more productive. The way you treat your employees trickles down into how we treat our customers. It's working great so far!

5. Great small company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at MBF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the culture of MBF. It's nice to work in a place where you know everyone, and there is open communication between staff members. And I really like working for a company with a great reputation in the industry.

Cons

In a small company, there's often not a lot of backup. If you aren't there, the work doesn't have anywhere else to go--It just waits for you. You definitely have to bring your best effort every day to keep everything done and keep your team supported!

Advice to Management

Thanks for having an open-door policy. I feel that I can talk about what happens with my work and in my workplace and be heard.

6. Just a few warnings..

Former Employee - Caregiver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Dallas, TX

I worked at MBF full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- They say they hire only 5% of applicants, so that makes you feel special
    - Claim to have competitive wages and flexible schedules

Cons

- I was told I would be full-time, and was then offered four hours. That's right, 4....for the week.
    - I was told my pay was being bumped up from what they usually offer due to my experience (10 years), only to find out that a few other caregivers were receiving more (despite us being "banned" from discussion pay rates)
    - Training is only paid if you work for a week.... and it's only paid out at min wage.
    - You're told there's no "heavy lifting" and then assigned to 2-person lifts. You are also asked to clean for client's families and prepare gourmet dinners.... for hardly any pay.
    - They say they match clients with caregivers based on personalities, skills, location, etc. I was assigned to clients 40 minutes away and knew nothing about them until the day before my shift.

Advice to Management

- Pay based on experience... other companies are much more competitive and with the turnover rate in this industry, there should be some incentive and some recognition of time spent in the field
    - Actually match clients and caregivers appropriately
    - If you offer full-time, then provide full-time. If this can't happen, be honest about that.

7. Solid company, good management team

I have been working at MBF full-time

Pros

Good energy experience, challenging role

Cons

High pressure, hard to identify responsibility

Advice to Management

Less pressure, lay out assignments in clear way

8. Good experience overall

I worked at MBF

Pros

Good rate for nanny and nanny managers. Worked with higher end clients and guest. There were also a lot of opportunities around my area to work.

Cons

Not a lot of support from the office staff and management when moving into the permanent side of the agency. Would of liked to seen more advice and help with that transition

Advice to Management

try and reduce your turnover rate. You want to keep as many nannies as possible. I would constantly go into a client's house and be told about their previous bad experience and made it hard for me!

9. Good Firm to Work With

Current Employee - Nanny in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Houston, TX

I have been working at MBF

Pros

-decent compensation.
    -issues with clients are quickly and professionally addressed.
    -referral bonuses.
    -flexibility of schedule available in temp department.

Cons

-no benefits.
    -no drug testing on all employees.
    -as a nanny it's hard to get to know your coworkers.

Advice to Management

Make benefits available to all workers, even if it's merely the option to pay for your own.
    Provide monthly meetings for all nannies, where both continued training and socialization are key.

10. Great, flexible college job

Current Employee - Nanny Manager
    Current Employee - Nanny Manager

I have been working at MBF

Pros

Very flexible. You can chose when you want to work and who you want to work for (for the most part)

Cons

The communication between managers and employees could be better. The lack of communication sometimes leads to what seems like total chaos and confusion between the staff in the office and the nannies in the field.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with employees and parents. I've had a few parents tell me that the staff at MBF were rude to them. Also, be sure to go over pricing with both the nannies and the parents. Nothing is more awkward than having to tell a client they didn't pay you enough or having a client say you charged them too much. I cannot stress the importance of improving communication at MBF.

RSS Feed </> Embed