MCN Healthcare

Established and Well Led Healthcare SaaS Denver based Developer

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

The company has been in business for about 30 years and really owns a niche in the healthcare policy management and compliance space in the United States. Founders have expert experience in the healthcare clinical marketplace which translates into very strong brand and customer trust factors.

Location is easy to get to as it is the first exist right off of Colorado and I-25, easy parking and friendly work environment.

Leadership believes greatly in its people, is open to new ideas and they foster a familial, friendly work environment.

Cons

Depending on what role you take on, either technical or sales related, the cons, like with any small business tech company that has been around for over 20 years, are seeing beyond the immediate short term strategic needs and investing in the important long term overall business requirements of growing new avenues of revenue as well as optimizing their current customer base.

They recently brought on new sales and marketing leadership which I believe will drive a new vision and fresh organic growth to both long term revenues and leadership of the MCN brand to the marketplace.

Keep a pulse on your team, do more 360 degree management reviews and seek to promote within as often as you can as you have a deep and wide pool of talented persons there!

Great atmosphere with challenging work

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people and work-life balance makes MCN a great place to work. The benefits are great, we are taken out for company events at least twice a year, usually more, and almost always on company time. The atmosphere is very relaxed unlike many software companies. Being a software company, there is never a shortage of technical and business-related challenges and new features are always in the works.

Cons

There have been some frequent management changes recently but it seems like things are evening-out now. Over that time morale dipped a bit but things are looking up now, seems like management is taking action on their promises. I'm feeling optimistic.

Outlook good.

Current Employee - Programmer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Programmer in Denver, CO

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

We get 6 1/2 hours of paid time off for every pay period but I haven't used it yet.
    I get compensated for travel which works great because it's easy to get to when you get to know the area.
    Healthcare is better than my previous job and extremely cheap.
    Salary is average but I have not been compelled to work late.
    Several people work from home but only if they have been working here for a while.
    Office Culture for the most part is extremely lax. Also our work period is pretty flexible considering it's a 9-5 job.

Cons

Compensation is not enough to cover my full travel expenses.
    I don't know anything about promotions because I haven't asked for one yet.
    Healthcare could be better (this probably shouldn't be a con because it's still cheap).

I haven't been here for that long. Maybe more better benefits or compensation.

The pits

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

Based on job advertised, thought would be a good place to learn and grow.

Cons

Was mislead during onboarding process, company floats by on smokes and mirrors. If it sounds too good to be true - it is!

Treat your employees how you would want to be treated.

strange

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

vacation is all I can think of

Cons

They seem go through a lot of employees for such a small company.

Loyal, Rewarding and Merit Based

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

MCN is family owned. That means more good than bad to me. They are family. They treat their employees like family and are extremely loyal. They believe in education self-improvement and self empowerment. It is female entrepreneur owned and they strongly believe in entrepreneurial environment. If you have an idea, a way to improve something - they listen! They are interested in the community, supporting women and families in Africa. The employees are very supportive of each other and lift each other up -

Cons

I wish there were more events where we mingled with other departments. I want to understand strategy and direction of the company. There is a bit of a rumor culture. In order to understand the direction of the company or what/how we can support the company to do better and therefore keep our jobs!

Worse place to go to work for

I have been working at MCN Healthcare

Pros

Hard to think of any except fellow workers who are nice

Cons

no personal growth
    compensation is low
    cannot keep employees

doesn't matter, we all know owners will exert their will.

Unethical practices and false advertisment

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

High Salary
    Not much to write here...culture had demotivated everyone...even the CEO left

Cons

Poor medical benefits
    Poor leadership
    Asked to perform unethical practices in technical arena
    Not willing to listen to any input
    Solution to everything is not to yell in meetings.
    Will fire anyone with no notice from the CEO down to the everyday employee for cutbacks

Be ethical in your business practices and marketing of your products. Asked to perform unethical practices in technical arena. Deceptive to customers.
    Not willing to listen to any input about how to be more ethical and nice to customers.
    Customers leave all the time when the realize the culture.
    Solution to everything is not to yell. Rather be unemployed that yelled at like a child in almost every meeting. DEMOTIVATING

Terrible Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at MCN Healthcare

Pros

There are very few. The only ones are nice coworkers (but not management). Also, decent vacation time and other benefits but other than that nothing.

Cons

Incredibly high turnover rate. Average employee is there for a couple months, most no more then one year. Also, nepotism in company. Lots of fighting and backstabbing; managers will throw people under the bus to save their necks (this happens pretty much every day). Incredibly low staff morale. Can't stress the high turnover rate enough. It is pretty shocking.

In order to make this a good place to work, managers need to stand up for their employees and be receptive to new ideas.

I am happier on unemployment and glad I left

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at MCN Healthcare

Pros

paid time off
    casual environment
    pleasant co-workers
    free flu shot

Cons

nepotism
    gossip among management
    company does not respect their employees, except the ones they can treat like ----

Get an office manager who is not related to you and can do the job

MCN Healthcare Response

Oct 24, 2014VP

Thank you for your review; we are glad to hear you found your colleagues pleasant and appreciated the casual work environment. We believe we have top employees who are great co-workers and ... More

MCN Healthcare Photos