MCPc

Michael Trebilcock

Employment Opportunities

Current Employee - CSI Process Documentation Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - CSI Process Documentation Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MCPc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a company that understands their employees and go the extra mile for them no matter what. Management is fair in how they treat employees and play no favorites within the company. Everyone is treated the same, and is given ample opportunities to excel within the company. There are plenty of opportunities for promotions and advancements in this company. Benefits are great, they give you PTOs for when you need days off for personal time and/or vacation, and they give incentives for continued employment. There are yearly reviews that aid in the advancement of our careers, and they are pro-education - meaning that they are willing to give incentives for college advancement and for certifications. MCPc doesn't discriminate either...they employ people of various ethnic backgrounds and disabilities, and they all function well in this environment.

Cons

The food machine. They need to get a sandwich machine or some kind of food machine instead of depending on the Plain Dealer Building and their cafeteria. Fried vegetables that they pass off as stir fry is not what I call healthy. And that's not MCPc's fault. We need a food machine where we can get something edible from, and not always have to depend on potato chips and candy bars as lunch because what is being served in the cafeteria isn't edible. Some of us don't have the luxury of time to prepare lunches at home due to lack of time, so we depend on what's in the machines and what's at the Plain Dealer's cafeteria.

Food machines....invest a little money into making employees happy with decent food that they can buy right at the Tech Center instead of having to go to Subway or the corner hotdog vendor. Having food machines would ultimately give MCPc more revenue because more employees are inclined to buy food from them instead of going to the Plain Dealer building or to an outside vendor...and it would be great to allow employees to make choices of what goes into the machines.

Uphill struggle for new Sales People

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MCPc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some folks at MCPc that are trying very hard to make this a nice place to work for the employees. Beautiful office, good to average benefits, average comp plan and plenty of attempts to make MCPc a "fun" place to work.

Cons

Unless you are opening a new Sales Territory that has never had an MCPc Salesperson work it before, you are facing an uphill struggle. Seasoned Sales People (5 plus years) cling to accounts leaving very few viable targets for new Sales People. Marketing events are few and far between, and the ones they do have are more of a "thank you" to existing customers than an attempt to gain new customers. Very little sales support from an inside calling team. If after 6 months, you are not on target to exceed quota, the pressure starts and if you are eventually pushed out the door.

There are some in management that are working hard to make MCPc a truly great company. Unfortunately, while the CEO and the rest of Senior Management are busy directing the strategic initiatives, middle management does little to help the customer facing employees drive business. My advice would be for management to re-assess their sales strategy.

Management has no idea what they are doing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at MCPc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom and we have a lot of options for how we tackle things. You are offered a lot of responsibility and management is very flexible when it comes to time off work or working from home on occasion.

Cons

Communication within the company is terrible. Upper management wants to change everything every six months and it leaves everyone in a constant state of confusion. Nobody knows what their job entails and if you have any complaints, you should probably keep them to yourself. The compensation is low too, and you never feel you are being fairly compensated for the work that you do.

Listen to your employees, define roles better, offer better compensation, understand the value of your CSR team, offer more training, stop making so many changes, and stop bringing people in from other companies into a management role that have no idea how we operate.

Was a good family focused company

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at MCPc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Still some good people there. Was a family centered company that seemed to care about the individual. Fancy headquarters that shows nice.

Cons

No money unless your in the inner circle moved "downtown" and now have people with no sales experience in charge of sales. Next great idea comes in and six months later is replaced by the next great idea.

Stick with a plan and listen to employees and vendors.

Fast growing entrepreneurial company focused on solving companies biggest IT challenges....

Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at MCPc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flat organization with lots of opportunity for those with vision, leadership and strong work ethic to make a huge impact. CEO has an open door policy and works with everyone to solve problems and grow company.
    Competitive benefits and salaries. Awesome technology deployed inside company...video, teleprecense, etc.
    Great facilities. Long history as a high impact, high integrity company.

Cons

Sometimes matrixed organization can lead to confusion on who owns specific projects.

Keep making the hard decisions to keep MCPc relevant in this fast moving and competitive landscape. Hold steady on current partner and distribution strategy. Embrace new consumption models (Cloud). Listen to field and support branch offices and their specific go to market.

Run far away from this company

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MCPc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits were ok. PTO not so good and you lose any earned time off when they fire you .. and you will be fired.

Cons

Revolving door. This company revels in terminating employees While I worked there the turnover rate was running at 100%. Every week the average number of employees that were terminated was 15, and a reason is never given. If you like to be micromanaged and treated like dirt, this place will serve you well, otherwise skip the humiliation and frustration. No room for advancement, unless you look at being fired as advancement. This company is constantly hiring, after all, it is a revolving door. Management is very vindictive, especially HR.

No advise will help.

Misinformation, Low pay

Former Employee - Support Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Support Technician in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MCPc as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Exposure to various technologies and applications.

Cons

Massive miscommunication within teams and management. The company may hire or contact a person to do a Desktop Support role, but then thrust upon the duties and responsibilities of a Virtualization or Systems Administrator. Rumors of walkouts and low pay are rampant, as well as pay that is substantially lower than the national average for full time IT admins.

The truth is a wonderful thing from all angles. Be more attentive to what frontline/middle managers are doing and saying to their team members.

A company that brings used cars salesmanship to technology

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at MCPc full-time

Pros

Nice new office.. ... thats all the PROS i have

Cons

sales staff is not trained , multiple executives promising and not delivering

I would avoid this place at all cost

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at MCPc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The place shows well. Facility appearance is top notch. Good location in the heart of downtown. Company owns some great technology.

Cons

This company is not what it appears to be from a glance. Like I said, it shows well visually, but it does not take long to see through that. Management is the worst I've seen in a company it's size. For those that are, life is probably pretty good. For those that are not, probably not. Reminds me of High School. If you are part of the boy's club, you're fine. Regular employees are not treated well.

As a company, you are what your employees say you are, not what your marketing slides say you are. I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of both current and former employees don't have much good to say about your operation. Keep up the good work!

Really Really Bad...Exercise EXTREME Caution before accepting an offer here!

Former Employee - Sales Role in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Role in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at MCPc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not much, good people in the local office i worked at. Dishonesty all through the management ranks however. Average to below average benefits. Pay is inline or below the market.

Cons

Terrible management, dishonest and inept to manage their employees with any level of competence. Worry about where the next dollar will come from instead of the time it takes to build a business. If you value your network I would caution you on trying to bring them over to MCPc. Aside from a Non Compete they will fight you tooth and nail after they use you up and kick you out. There are more honest companies that VALUE their employees in your local market place than this one. Be prepared to either start making your quota IMMEDIATELY or face expulsion. Again as much as they try to sell you on the family atmosphere it is complete smoke and mirrors. No reimbursement for mileage on your car unless it is over 100 miles a day, so be prepared to spend on gas and repairs on your own car. If you read some of the other reviews here you will see a pattern, we are not all wrong.

It takes time to build a business, if you cannot wait for that then you are hiring the wrong people. Shame on you.