MCPc

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Michael Trebilcock

Changing

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsLots of hard working people who really care about customers. Family-focused, but that is changing. Some great engineers that are very customer friendly.

ConsDirection keeps changing. Focus moves from vendor to vendor and from solution to solution, without the patience to see any of it through. If you're not part of the inner circle, you're left with scraps when it comes to leads.

Misinformation, Low pay

Support Technician (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsExposure to various technologies and applications.

ConsMassive miscommunication within teams and management. The company may hire or contact a person to do a Desktop Support role, but then thrust upon the duties and responsibilities of a Virtualization or Systems Administrator. Rumors of walkouts and low pay are rampant, as well as pay that is substantially lower than the national average for full time IT admins.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe truth is a wonderful thing from all angles. Be more attentive to what frontline/middle managers are doing and saying to their team members.

A company that brings used cars salesmanship to technology

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsNice new office.. ... thats all the PROS i have

Conssales staff is not trained , multiple executives promising and not delivering

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I would avoid this place at all cost

Sales (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe place shows well. Facility appearance is top notch. Good location in the heart of downtown. Company owns some great technology.

ConsThis company is not what it appears to be from a glance. Like I said, it shows well visually, but it does not take long to see through that. Management is the worst I've seen in a company it's size. For those that are, life is probably pretty good. For those that are not, probably not. Reminds me of High School. If you are part of the boy's club, you're fine. Regular employees are not treated well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a company, you are what your employees say you are, not what your marketing slides say you are. I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of both current and former employees don't have much good to say about your operation. Keep up the good work!

Really Really Bad...Exercise EXTREME Caution before accepting an offer here!

Sales Role (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsNot much, good people in the local office i worked at. Dishonesty all through the management ranks however. Average to below average benefits. Pay is inline or below the market.

ConsTerrible management, dishonest and inept to manage their employees with any level of competence. Worry about where the next dollar will come from instead of the time it takes to build a business. If you value your network I would caution you on trying to bring them over to MCPc. Aside from a Non Compete they will fight you tooth and nail after they use you up and kick you out. There are more honest companies that VALUE their employees in your local market place than this one. Be prepared to either start making your quota IMMEDIATELY or face expulsion. Again as much as they try to sell you on the family atmosphere it is complete smoke and mirrors. No reimbursement for mileage on your car unless it is over 100 miles a day, so be prepared to spend on gas and repairs on your own car. If you read some of the other reviews here you will see a pattern, we are not all wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt takes time to build a business, if you cannot wait for that then you are hiring the wrong people. Shame on you.

Applicant beware!

(Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsA paycheck while you can apply for other positions, kind colleagues who are all struggling with the same issues of the company.

ConsTerrible management, no stability, revolving door of hiring/firing, no communication through exec team, negative morale, disrespect to employees, no sustainable growth, bleak future. I hear horror stories about how HR finds it funny that they fire people every week, then turn around and fight them on unemployment. Overall disrespect for people. I cannot wait to get out of here next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest you go to some development classes and understand employee relations. The CEO likes to tout "kindness matters" but doesn't respect the employees enough to even establish their workspace with personal items without moving them constantly. Maybe execs stop taking time off and pay attention to what is going on, not from your management summits at the "lake house". It's time to grow up, boys, there's a business to run.

Complete waste of time - worst experience ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsMy comp plan including the benefit package was market value. It is hard to find any pros beyond that though.

ConsI did not feel comfortable working there. Customers are treated with disrespect. Management and sales make decisions strictly based on the immediate bottom line and do not consider the impact of these decisions to the bottom line of the customer. The turn over rate is higher than I've seen anywhere. I found myself pressured to cover things up to customers in order to satisfy the company's motives. I felt I had to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and retain higher quality employees. Employees that actually put your customer first because they are the reason you are in business.

Awesome, Fantastic, Enjoyable, Challenging, Engaging, wish I could have worked here my whole career!

Senior Cisco Architect (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsPeople
    Different everyday
    Treated like a professional
    Ability to make a difference

ConsSmall company with some growing pains

Extremely Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsCompensation was in line with most other companies

Consfalse/poor communication, management, career paths!

Advice to Senior Managementtake time to get to know your employees

Job Applicant BEWARE

Prefer Not to Say (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsManagement is very good at spinning what a great company this is. A great place if you like to be micro-managed.

The benefits that are offered are ok, but not the be all to end all that company sells.

The company sells a work life balance, but they practice work, work, work, and get very hostile if you need to take time off to rest and rejuvenate.

ConsI rated career opportunities with 5 stars, because the company is constantly hiring.

All of the ups and extra's that management-especially HR sells, is all spin and no substance. The turn over rate is astronomical, so far the turn over rate in 2013 is running at 100%, mostly due to people being fired, generally no reason is given to the employee but it is documented that the person is a bad fit.

The standard practice when a person is being fired is for the HR manager to meet with coworkers of the person being fired explaining the details of why the person is being terminated at the same time as the VP of HR is firing the person. Or, prior to the termination the HR VP will individually explain to coworkers of the person being fired that a coworker is being fired. The VP of HR has stated that she believes that she can win employees over to "our side" if workers are brought into the termination process when one of their coworkers are being let go.

The company is constantly screaming from the rooftops about how much fun it is to work here, but really is nothing more than lip service. Because they say it so much, they actually believe it.

If you are looking for job security, this is not the place to be. The list of cons, by far, outweigh and pros. The pros are simply nothing more than the company management, mostly HR management trying to sell how wonderful the company is. It is nothing more than propaganda at best.

Worked for MCPc? Contribute to the Community!