MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

McRory Pediatric Services - Supportive Workplace

ABA Therapist (Current Employee)
    Encino, CA

ProsMcRory Pediatric Services, Inc. is a wonderful workplace. Professionals are constantly collaborating across disciplines to ensure the highest quality of treatment for the children they serve. Families continuously comment on their child's growth and progress. It is an honor to work at a place that values and recognizes their employees for all of their contributions to the children, families and communities. McRory Pediatric Services does its best to ensure that every staff member is appreciated for their hard work, with Certificates of Recognition, Goodie Box Nominations, Anniversary Gifts; we continuously strive to ensure that everyone is recognized for their contributions.

ConsIn the years that I have worked with the company I have seen tremendous growth. We continue to expand as a company and change is inevitable. From my perspective, changes have always happened for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are well liked, supportive, available and flexible.

Great Place to Work

ABA Therapist (Former Employee)
    Encino, CA

ProsPros: Great people who are extremely compassionate and dedicated to what they do, and more than willing to collaborate and share ideas. Opportunities for advancement for those with higher degrees as the company tends to promote within. Good pay and benefits. Fun place to work with perks: employee of the month, gift cards given by supervisors, free weekly Pilates class, gifts on annual anniversary, birthday card, and opportunities to volunteer for various organizations that the company supports to name a few.

ConsPromotions are predominately given to those with higher educations or those that are licensed or certified. Could offer more on-going trainings during times that school is not in session so that it is easier for field staff to attend.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! In the 6+ years that I worked there I saw several similar companies close their doors while McRory stood strong. No wonder why I have so many friends that have been there for 5-8 years!

Like the review above...Politics plays a role in this agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the children and families. Some supervisors do care and help you better learn and understand the population you are working with.

ConsNo appreciation for the field therapists
    Lack of support
    Constant staffing change

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the field therapists feel like they are part of the agency. Hold seminars, lectures, or workshops especially for field therapists who have some down time during the summer, that way they can better serve the clients and become better therapists. Appreciate the therapists who are out in the field, and recognize that the therapists are just as good as the therapists in the clinics.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Politics here are extremely high!

Pros1. Nice physical environment
    2. Great resources
    3. Co-workers can be very kind (depending on individual experience of course)
    4. Very festive- holiday parties and themed dress-up days
    5. Professional company for the most part, by the book
    6. Extremely adorable clientele (children)

Cons1. A clear separation and preferential treatment of clinical staff over equally hard-working field staff
    2. Kind, but extremely impersonal company owner
    3. Passive-aggressive tactics used to discipline employees provokes anxiety every time upper management wants to "have a talk with you"
    5. The environment can feel like high school with the popular kids and the unpopular kids
    6. Very limited room for advancement
    7. Overworked employees wear multiple hats and have extremely high expectations on them
    8. NO sense of loyalty within the company- 1 day you're in, the next day you're out (in reference to looked upon favorably or being advanced)
    9. So many of the employees here come across happy, but are not, making the environment at times feel fake
    10. No auto-deposit, what is this? The 80s?!
    11. Absolutely NO on-going training in a field that requires it, leading to #12...
    12. Limited room for personal growth; most people work here, get their experience and move-on, so if you're looking for a long term place to get comfy in, this is not the place

Advice to Senior ManagementOwners should put more effort into coming across approachable and down-to-earth; some people feel comfortable openly expressing their opinions, but most do not. Employees should be advanced upon work ethic & devotion to the company, it seems as if some are advanced because it is what's most convenient for the company, leaving those whom are willing to give an arm and a leg for the company out in the cold, contributing to the high turn-over rate because the wrong people are being trusted. Lastly, it's 2013, get auto-deposit for crying out loud!!

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery good place to work .nice people. very good pay and very good atmosphere. Also it gives good work life balance.

Conswork is very hard and late hours often. Some projects not managed well. Not a good HR department. Not clear vision for the management.

Worked for MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES employees.