MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES

Reset
4.2
CEO

1. Amazing support!

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

McRory is contracted with a variety of insurance companies, RC, and LAUSD which allows you to have many experiences with children of different diagnoses. McRory has a wonderful team of therapists that provide you with tons of support. All of the therapist are willing to help you with children and provide treatment ideas.

Cons

Your caseload can get large especially when there is an influx of referrals which gives you less administrative time to complete reports.

Good

Current Employee - Behavioral Therapist in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Behavioral Therapist in Encino, CA

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Experience I need to have this experience to move forward and broaden my career experiences. I love working with a different population of children.

Cons

This was a challenge for me working in someone else's classroom. I loved working with the children and my supervisor. However my philos

3. Great place to gain experience and grow a career

Current Employee - ABA Behavior Therapist in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - ABA Behavior Therapist in Encino, CA

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Professional company -Ongoing training provided when given new cases -Learn about ABA and other techniques to manage behavioral problems in the home and school environments

Cons

-The company should offer more training sessions for field therapists. -Limited room for advancement without a graduate degree

5. Could be better

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with kids in a rewarding environment, you get support from overworked supervisors, but sometimes it is not enough with all the problems needing to be dealt with.

Cons

Lower pay then most companies, more hours. They will ignore what is difficult to deal with. I did not know if I had a job for 2 months because no one would get back to me.

Advice to Management

Pay your in school therapist more then the lausd aids who are not required to have their bachelors, and do not have as many extra things to do.

6. Fantastic Place to Build Your Career!

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

McRory is one of the very few multi-disciplinary agencies in the region that is contracted with LAUSD, Regional Center and various insurance companies to ensure their ability to provide a variety of services to children and their families--providing you with ample opportunities for growth and vast experience. Aside from the ample opportunities, the supervisors are very knowledgeable and supportive BCBA's that have been with the agency for years and lend a hand to the positive work environment.

Cons

As with any company, you need to advocate for yourself in the event that you are interested in a variety of experiences within the agency.

7. Great place to work

Former Employee - Therapist in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Encino, CA

Pros

Working at Mcrory pediatrics was an amazing experience. I learned so much from great supervisors and coworkers. I was always given great feedback and my questions were always answered promptly. I made great life long friends. This is a place that cares about the wellbeing and happiness of the families and children we work for. An overall great company to work for that will help you grow as a therapist.

Cons

More training would have been great.

Advice to Management

Perhaps creating more trainings for parents and for therapist

8. Great Company to Work for... Not just a job.. but a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started as a therapist working in the field. As a therapist, I received wonderful training that prepared me for my case assignments. I could still remember how easily I was able to access my supervisor who provided me with valuable support regarding strategies that I can make use of when working with my clients. This company also recognizes the contributions of their field as well as clinical staff. I was able to advance in the company even when I started out in the field. Throughout my training as a supervisor and in completing my Board Certification, my mentors painstakingly ensured that I was prepared to supervise clients at home and in the schools. Senior management also ensures that supervisors like me are trained in the latest strategies, especially those used to increase a client's communication. There are so many examples that I have witnessed firsthand of how the clinic has changed people's lives- employees and families alike- for the better. I have worked with this company for more than 6 years. II am very lucky to continue to receive the training and support of this company.

Cons

The company has a diverse set of services that it offers. However, senior management ensures that the company continues to run smoothly as the company grows in number and variety of services.

9. McRory Pediatric Services - Supportive Workplace

Current Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

McRory Pediatric Services, Inc. is a wonderful workplace. Professionals are constantly collaborating across disciplines to ensure the highest quality of treatment for the children they serve. Families continuously comment on their child's growth and progress. It is an honor to work at a place that values and recognizes their employees for all of their contributions to the children, families and communities. McRory Pediatric Services does its best to ensure that every staff member is appreciated for their hard work, with Certificates of Recognition, Goodie Box Nominations, Anniversary Gifts; we continuously strive to ensure that everyone is recognized for their contributions.

Cons

In the years that I have worked with the company I have seen tremendous growth. We continue to expand as a company and change is inevitable. From my perspective, changes have always happened for the better.

Advice to Management

Managers are well liked, supportive, available and flexible.

10. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: Great people who are extremely compassionate and dedicated to what they do, and more than willing to collaborate and share ideas. Opportunities for advancement for those with higher degrees as the company tends to promote within. Good pay and benefits. Fun place to work with perks: employee of the month, gift cards given by supervisors, free weekly Pilates class, gifts on annual anniversary, birthday card, and opportunities to volunteer for various organizations that the company supports to name a few.

Cons

Promotions are predominately given to those with higher educations or those that are licensed or certified. Could offer more on-going trainings during times that school is not in session so that it is easier for field staff to attend.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! In the 6+ years that I worked there I saw several similar companies close their doors while McRory stood strong. No wonder why I have so many friends that have been there for 5-8 years!

11. Like the review above...Politics plays a role in this agency

Pros

Working with the children and families. Some supervisors do care and help you better learn and understand the population you are working with.

Cons

No appreciation for the field therapists Lack of support Constant staffing change

Advice to Management

Make the field therapists feel like they are part of the agency. Hold seminars, lectures, or workshops especially for field therapists who have some down time during the summer, that way they can better serve the clients and become better therapists. Appreciate the therapists who are out in the field, and recognize that the therapists are just as good as the therapists in the clinics.

RSS Feed </> Embed