MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES

Updated October 3, 2014
Updated October 3, 2014
3.7

CEO

Great Company to Work for... Not just a job.. but a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started as a therapist working in the field. As a therapist, I received wonderful training that prepared me for my case assignments. I could still remember how easily I was able to access my supervisor who provided me with valuable support regarding strategies that I can make use of when working with my clients.

This company also recognizes the contributions of their field as well as clinical staff. I was able to advance in the company even when I started out in the field. Throughout my training as a supervisor and in completing my Board Certification, my mentors painstakingly ensured that I was prepared to supervise clients at home and in the schools. Senior management also ensures that supervisors like me are trained in the latest strategies, especially those used to increase a client's communication. There are so many examples that I have witnessed firsthand of how the clinic has changed people's lives- employees and families alike- for the better.

I have worked with this company for more than 6 years. II am very lucky to continue to receive the training and support of this company.

Cons

The company has a diverse set of services that it offers. However, senior management ensures that the company continues to run smoothly as the company grows in number and variety of services.

I learned a tremendous amount in the few months I interned at McRory.

Former Employee - Graduate Clinician in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Graduate Clinician in Encino, CA

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They take supervision seriously. In addition to my schools weekly evaluation form, my supervisor at McRory filled out an evaluation for every session! I got constant feedback from my supervisor as well as other professionals who would occasionally observe me as well.
    McRory has a warm environment that spurs employees to give their all for their clients. I highly recommend McRory to any Masters students seeking an internship position in the LA area.

Cons

There was a tremendous amount of paperwork. Though paperwork is an inevitable part of speech, occupational and physical therapy, the amount of reports due was a little overwhelming. McRory tries to ease the workload by requiring each employee to reserve one hour a day for paperwork, but many employees still ended up bringing work home.

McRory Pediatric Services - Supportive Workplace

Current Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA

I have been working at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

McRory Pediatric Services, Inc. is a wonderful workplace. Professionals are constantly collaborating across disciplines to ensure the highest quality of treatment for the children they serve. Families continuously comment on their child's growth and progress. It is an honor to work at a place that values and recognizes their employees for all of their contributions to the children, families and communities. McRory Pediatric Services does its best to ensure that every staff member is appreciated for their hard work, with Certificates of Recognition, Goodie Box Nominations, Anniversary Gifts; we continuously strive to ensure that everyone is recognized for their contributions.

Cons

In the years that I have worked with the company I have seen tremendous growth. We continue to expand as a company and change is inevitable. From my perspective, changes have always happened for the better.

Managers are well liked, supportive, available and flexible.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - ABA Therapist in Encino, CA

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: Great people who are extremely compassionate and dedicated to what they do, and more than willing to collaborate and share ideas. Opportunities for advancement for those with higher degrees as the company tends to promote within. Good pay and benefits. Fun place to work with perks: employee of the month, gift cards given by supervisors, free weekly Pilates class, gifts on annual anniversary, birthday card, and opportunities to volunteer for various organizations that the company supports to name a few.

Cons

Promotions are predominately given to those with higher educations or those that are licensed or certified. Could offer more on-going trainings during times that school is not in session so that it is easier for field staff to attend.

Keep doing what you are doing! In the 6+ years that I worked there I saw several similar companies close their doors while McRory stood strong. No wonder why I have so many friends that have been there for 5-8 years!

Like the review above...Politics plays a role in this agency

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES

Pros

Working with the children and families. Some supervisors do care and help you better learn and understand the population you are working with.

Cons

No appreciation for the field therapists
    Lack of support
    Constant staffing change

Make the field therapists feel like they are part of the agency. Hold seminars, lectures, or workshops especially for field therapists who have some down time during the summer, that way they can better serve the clients and become better therapists. Appreciate the therapists who are out in the field, and recognize that the therapists are just as good as the therapists in the clinics.

Politics here are extremely high!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Nice physical environment
    2. Great resources
    3. Co-workers can be very kind (depending on individual experience of course)
    4. Very festive- holiday parties and themed dress-up days
    5. Professional company for the most part, by the book
    6. Extremely adorable clientele (children)

Cons

1. A clear separation and preferential treatment of clinical staff over equally hard-working field staff
    2. Kind, but extremely impersonal company owner
    3. Passive-aggressive tactics used to discipline employees provokes anxiety every time upper management wants to "have a talk with you"
    5. The environment can feel like high school with the popular kids and the unpopular kids
    6. Very limited room for advancement
    7. Overworked employees wear multiple hats and have extremely high expectations on them
    8. NO sense of loyalty within the company- 1 day you're in, the next day you're out (in reference to looked upon favorably or being advanced)
    9. So many of the employees here come across happy, but are not, making the environment at times feel fake
    10. No auto-deposit, what is this? The 80s?!
    11. Absolutely NO on-going training in a field that requires it, leading to #12...
    12. Limited room for personal growth; most people work here, get their experience and move-on, so if you're looking for a long term place to get comfy in, this is not the place

Owners should put more effort into coming across approachable and down-to-earth; some people feel comfortable openly expressing their opinions, but most do not. Employees should be advanced upon work ethic & devotion to the company, it seems as if some are advanced because it is what's most convenient for the company, leaving those whom are willing to give an arm and a leg for the company out in the cold, contributing to the high turn-over rate because the wrong people are being trusted. Lastly, it's 2013, get auto-deposit for crying out loud!!

gut good

I worked at MCRORY PEDIATRIC SERVICES as a contractor (more than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Sehr guter Ort zum Arbeiten. Nette Menschen. Sehr gute Bezahlung und sehr gute Stimmung. Es gibt auch gute Work-Life-Balance.

very good place to work .nice people. very good pay and very good atmosphere. Also it gives good work life balance.

Cons

Arbeit ist oft sehr hart und bis in die späten Stunden. Einige Projekte sind nicht gut verwaltet. Keine gute HR-Abteilung. Keine klare Vision für die Verwaltung.

work is very hard and late hours often. Some projects not managed well. Not a good HR department. Not clear vision for the management.