MD Anderson
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

MD Anderson Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Work efforts are not challenging so its easy to maintain a work-life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Work-life balance, great benefits, opportunity to work with people who come different backgrounds"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "We had to pay for parking and in my opinion it was too much"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Work-life balance was not a priority of my direct supervisor"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Big institute, but very bureaucracy

Research Assistant II (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosgood work and life balance

Conscompensation is less than the national level

Core Values taking a back seat to money and egos?

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMission to cure cancer is worthwhile. Providing life-giving treatment to cancer patients is it's own reward. Some of the most brilliant and dedicated oncologists and healthcare professionals in the world work here. Very good employee benefits and excellent retirement plan if you can stay for the long haul.

ConsThe big business of caring has taken a back seat to egos and money. Lack of trust in upper management is at an all time high and getting worse. Fear of retaliation is a problem for a reason. Upper managers seem to think themselves untouchable. Some areas are chronically short staffed and staff have to work in ridiculously tight spaces.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat at the top and give the front lines enough staff and support to provide the quality of care our patients deserve. Get back to treating all staff with caring, integrity and discovery- not just paying lip service to our core values and putting flimsy band aids on the real issues.

A lot of smart, amazing people, great place to learn

Research Assistant II (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsYou have a lot of opportunities to learn, great gym, lots of wellness related options.

ConsNot much growth opportunities for people in research, especially RAs. Very low pay, if you are in research.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not bad, but not great

Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosgood benefits, decent people on the whole, tuition reimbursement is nice as is the cohort program ONLY if you are pursuing a degree related to healthcare.

Consrigidity in advancement, micromanagement, highly specialized which can be disadvantageous to older employees or employees that have time constraints that hinder educational opportunities

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MD Anderson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MD Anderson CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by MD Anderson employees.