MDA DataQuick

Add Photos

John Walsh

A great place to grow

I worked at MDA DataQuick full-time

ProsPeople are friendly, hours are flexible, fun atmosphere

ConsMid-range salary, office politics, new parent

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose your identity to your new parent company.

Couldn't understand the decisioning data they were selling to other

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at MDA DataQuick full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBest people putting out a good product at an incredible time

ConsSelf-interested CEO, secretive financial processes, failure to profit during boom periods

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the data you sell predicts the future of the industry you're in and then behave accordingly.

Great leadership

Wilmington, DE

I worked at MDA DataQuick full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a company that succeeds due to the strong influence of the managers. Everyone works together through the strong team effort mentality fostered by senior management.

ConsDataQuick is going through a transition with the sale of the information technology to CoreLogic. Until the sale is finalized, the company is in a hold paternal.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a excellent job managing operations quality and productivity during this time of transition

Interesting Work, Friendly Co-Workers

Current Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at MDA DataQuick full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work is interesting, products are built around national residential property database. The people are friendly, and atmosphere is casual, flexible work hours too. The people include a large team of developers and data analysts, as well as sales and customer service. The paid time off is generous, and the pay is good.

ConsIt's a small company that has merged with two larger companies, so it needs to assert its small company culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the casual work environment and flexible schedules, they are important to retaining good employees.

Stable, reasonably happy place to work but you may find your career stuck in a rut.

I worked at MDA DataQuick full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBright, interesting people to work with. The atmosphere is casual, and there aren't a lot of strict, annoying controls on the data because most of it is from public records. The culture encourages teamwork. The structure is pretty flat, so senior management people are always accessible to everyone. Nice location, plenty of off-street parking. Not a lot of drama or politics in the office.

ConsDead-end career in my case, and I saw the same happen to many others. I was cast in a particular role when I was hired, and not allowed to expand my horizons as much as I was capable of doing. Over a period of five years I reported directly to a series of six different people, none of whom were able to comprehend how much my skills had expanded during my tenure there. None of them ever looked back at my resume to see that I had broader experience under my belt that could have been applied at DataQuick. Frustrated with three years of no pay raise in spite of positive performance reviews, I ended up seeking and quickly finding another job at significantly higher pay. Nepotism is a problem. There is an obvious clique of privileged people who seem to always get raises and bonuses while others who aren't part of that group are given nothing, no matter how well they are performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow all talented people, not just connected ones, to grow and expand their responsibilities.

S/w Devlopmnent

Senior Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at MDA DataQuick

ProsFlexible hours and Nice Location

ConsNo cafeteria on site . No Growth Potential !! You ll be stuck in the same position for years.Largely disfunctional; not innovative (as other reviews state). Generally low employee morale.

Decent place to work

Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MDA DataQuick

ProsGood company to work for

ConsCan be better and improved

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuous improvement

Worked for MDA DataQuick? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MDA DataQuick reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MDA DataQuick CEO John Walsh. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by MDA DataQuick employees.