MED Institute Reviews

CEO

1. Great place to work!

Current Intern - Infrastructure Intern in West Lafayette, IN
    Current Intern - Infrastructure Intern in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at MED Institute as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowed freedom in terms of projects, Opportunities to travel, Fantastic food. The people that work here really know their stuff and if someone doesn't know something, it's a comfortable enough environment that you're never afraid to ask a question. Very forgiving when mistakes are made. Company motto is "Ready, Fire, Aim." Taking risks is encouraged. Flex-time is great.

Cons

Pro's definitely outweigh the cons. Career advancement within the company is difficult. Many times employees may be overloaded with work due to the company's process in bringing on new hires. Compensation may be lower than other companies.

Wonderful company to work for!

Former Employee - Imaging Management Clerk in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Imaging Management Clerk in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at MED Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at MED, I knew very little about medical imaging, the department I'd be working in. My supervisor took the time to teach me about human anatomy, medical imaging and of course, the ways of MED. By the time I left MED to have my first baby, I felt very proficient in my field.

Cons

I can think of none at this time.

Advice to Management

Upper management at MED has been chosen because they are brilliant at what they do. I have no advice to give them at this time.

3. Odd company culture in a beautiful building

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at MED Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of good people work here, which makes the environment pleasant. The cafeteria serves delicious meals. The building and office space are very nice.

Cons

The management is poor and does not have vision. Personal biases dictate promotions not competency and qualifications. Salaries are below average and raises are small.

Advice to Management

Look at the teams with high turn over, find the common denominator and deal with that person. You lose good employees every year because of a bad boss.

Clinical Research Associate

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at MED Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and relaxed dress code

Cons

Advancement is extremely difficut. Pay is a barely livable wage. Benefits are not even comparable to other companies.

Great Work Environment

Former Employee - Research Engineer in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Research Engineer in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at MED Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the support from everyone there. I would highly recommend MED. You get instant access everything you need to succeed in your assignments. Lunches are also a plus...

Cons

Senior management can be nonexistent. Project goals are far from set in stone. If you don't ask, you will not receive

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to ask what is going on when you don't know.

So-So

I have been working at MED Institute

Pros

Good benefits Small company Good relationship with Purdue

Cons

Little chance of promotion Management has been there far too long, no new blood Pay across the board is lower than desired

Advice to Management

Give employees hope for advancement Recognize personal effort more than team results

Great employees, great company focus.

I have been working at MED Institute

Pros

Part of a great larger private organization that truly cares about patients rather than the bottom line. Sharp and friendly employees, lots of opportunities to learn. No real "titles", which can be a good thing. Great job security with a private company.

Cons

I'd say the pros far outweigh the cons. Although career advancement opportunities are not well defined, management is willing to accommodate movement within the larger organization.

Advice to Management

Raises don't seem to be based on anything tangible. Since there are few "advancement" opportunities, some sort of true merit based system would be great.

So-so. Needs better leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at MED Institute

Pros

Company has good "bones." Very nice, very smart employees. Management does not micromanage. Great work environment--lots of fun, lots of resources, great cafeteria (cheap, too) and gym on-site. Lots of brilliant minds in one building. Commitment to quality and ethical business practice is taken very seriously.

Cons

No plan in place to help employees make a "career" out of employment at MED. And if you are a good employee who does an exceptional job, you're rewarded with more work and no pay increase. Upper management is completely out of touch with its employees. Stale leadership, rampant with "we do it this way because that's the way we've always done it"--time to get some new, vibrant, business-minded people in to bring MED up to pace with the rest of the industry. Listen to your employees and take their feedback seriously and into action. Show that you care about what they have to say.

Advice to Management

Think outside the box. Growth is good and requires change for the better. Work on keeping good employees. Give them motivation to stay and contribute more, while rewarding them with better pay, more vacation, etc.

RSS Feed </> Embed