MEDNAX Reviews

58 reviews filtered by
3.5
MEDNAX CEO and Director Roger J. Medel
Roger J. Medel

Pros
  • good benefits, long term employment, growing company (in 4 reviews)

• Decent pay, good employee focus (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Company should offer medical benefits even if not the greatest to part time employee (in 5 reviews)

• No benefits Limited opportunity for growth (in 4 reviews)

1. Company is focused on growth by acquisition and as a result, employees are treated as an after thought

Current Employee - Operations in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Operations in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at MEDNAX full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros to speak of

Cons

If you are not on the clinical side, there isn't much room for growth and even clinical staff is at risk for losing their jobs because of poor contracts. There is no company culture, no mission and corporate values.

Sow down on acquisitions and nurture the practices that you have already acquired. Support regional staff by initiating and communicating with them.

Cheapskates

I have been working at MEDNAX part-time

Pros

The company has good intentions to complete hearing screenings on newborns.

Cons

The company wants the employees to "be ready" to work weekends and holidays only but they do not want to compensate them fairly for this responsibility.

Reward your employees accordingly for your expectations: Quit being "a miserly or stingy person(company); especially : one who tries to avoid paying a fair share of costs or expenses.

Fun job. Selfish and lousy company.

Former Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Seattle, WA

I worked at MEDNAX part-time (more than a year)

Pros

great experience, good for getting foot in the door for medical field. Only part I enjoyed was working with the families and newborns.

Cons

Worked holidays with no holiday pay.
    No overtime pay-Not allowed to miss babies, which sucks for high volume hospitals because when it gets crazy, and you have to stay over your allowed hours they won't pay u overtime, IN FACT we will get in trouble. They will even ask you to come in after you clock out sometimes. No support for hearing screeners whatsoever. Management and corporate only think about themselves.
    Coordinators also talk down about their employees. Lack of support = high turnover rates.

Give some kind of benefit to your bottom tier workers...aka screeners! Holiday pay...Overtime, At Least! Coordinators, Listen to your employees needs and be there to support your teams.

5. Great experience, entry level

I have been working at MEDNAX

Pros

Entry level, flexible hours. Overall great experience

Cons

Work weekends holidays, little pay

System is too slow and not user friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at MEDNAX full-time (more than a year)

Pros

learned new ways of adjusting accts.

Cons

System is slow, too much favortism

7. A PLACE MAKING MONEY AT THE EXPENSE OF IT

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at MEDNAX as a contractor

Pros

The NON managerial Employees are talented and highly skilled. Great offerings for you as an employee

Cons

The Company is anti Microsoft and is all decisons are politically motivated. For IT candidates there are numerous issues and violations that the company refuses to address.

Listen to your IT engineers, secure your network and follow best practice.

8. Newborn hearing Screener

I worked at MEDNAX part-time

Pros

Work environment, co workers, hours.

Cons

Supervisors being out of state

Better communitcation

Unprofessional Leadership.

Former Contractor - Provider Relations Agent in Sunrise, FL
    Former Contractor - Provider Relations Agent in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MEDNAX as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Staff is nice to work with, everyone was friendly towards me. I was only there for a temp assignment and felt like I was part of the crowd. It's in a nice location in a well kept building.

Cons

I was in the Provider Relations Department to work a specific temporary project. One major negative I found was that the leadership team did not take the proper steps to help protect its employees confidential information after I was shown approved corrective action plans that were to be presented later that day. When I was offered a full time job someplace else, I spoke with my Supervisor because I did want to make Pediatrix more of a career since the job was something I was very familiar with and very experienced in. On the way home that evening, I received a call from my recruiter telling me that they called to release me from the temporary position. I guess it's their loss, considering my previous career was Manager of Provider Relations and I was only asking for an entry level position. Tons of experience that they are losing out on.

You may want to review the professionalism of your leadership staff. They shouldn't be sharing confidential information with anyone who isn't involved in the decision making of that issue. Also, review your talent base, the Leadership team advised that the Provider Relations Department was in need of some help. I could have made a huge impact and my experience outlined that clearly.

The experience was mostly good except for some dishonest members of managent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MEDNAX

Pros

Benefits are good. Clinical research is good. Takes good care of the babies

Cons

Some management is cutthroat and hr does nothing about it

I like their line of work however the political issues when it comes to promotions & growth are bad

I have been working at MEDNAX

Pros

Awesome benefits, good employees, and SOME good management. Their line of work and overall mission is very satisfying. The company does expand quickly and it's a stable work place. Hardly any layoffs in their entire history.

Cons

They don't train employees for new products, software etc. Career advancement is not good at all. In order to make money or get promoted you need to have someone in your pocket. Raises are not based on your work and skills it's neutral for everyone. Management can improve in everything mentioned above.

Leran how to recognize when employees are hard working and valueable and reward those employees based on accomplishments. Don't provide the same raises to hard working individuals and those who don't do ANYTHING. Promote more career advancement by sending employees to more training courses on new software the company is taking on.

MEDNAX Photos