MEDSAVE USA Reviews

Up and coming!

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

MedSave USA provides adequate training for temporary as well as straight-to-hire employees. There are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. There is an open door policy where every employee's opinions and suggestions are taken seriously. MedSave USA can be a great start for new members of the workforce as well as a place to call home for those who are seeking long term employment.

Cons

Despite various stories of the past, there are no cons from my perspective. The executive team has been improving the work experience on a consistent basis and has kept the whole company informed about every change along the way. I have never been more excited to work for a company!

Keep it up!

Hard work required but rewarded

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard work is required but management works as hard as they ask anyone else to work.Open door policy all the way through senior management. Management views all concerns seriously and tries to continually improve processes, policies, etc. Clients are always priority and high quality work is expected at all levels in the company. Friendly atmosphere and amazing that the "family" culture has been preserved as the company has grown so rapidly. Room for growth and upward mobility. Chance to be part of something GREAT!!!

Cons

Hard work and long hours required to meet client needs at times but this is across the board and management is working as hard as anyone else. Work is seasonal as is all Risk adjustment is but management attempts to keep down time to a minimum by keeping everyone working as long as possible and then recalls valuable employees asap once downtime is past. I have worked in Risk Adjustment for several years and this company has least amount of downtime I have encountered. This is not a 9 to 5 job.

Continue Open door policy. Continue to view all suggestions from all employees as valuable. Try to maintain current company culture even as we grow.

A great place to work and be recognized.

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Supervisor  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work with a great team of people. We all have mutual respect and feel passionate about what we do.

The company is really a meritocracy. Not only did I get promoted from customer service to Accounts Receivable Supervisor, but I have seen it happen to others. To top it off, I am almost legally blind, but they saw through that to the skills I can offer to the company. It has never stopped me.

After being here for 7 years, it feels more like family. I feel appreciated, needed, and respected. I am rewarded if I do a good job and it encourages me to continue to work hard.

They are fair and honest in performance assessments, and do not play favorites..

Comes with health insurance, dental, and vision plus 401K and life insurance options.

We also get a very decent amount of time off. In fact, I usually do not get around to using all of it in a year!

Cons

I would rather not have a deductible on our health insurance, but that's the only thing, and I have to admit the company contribution towards our insurance is really generous. They do their best in this ridiculously expensive insurance market to make sure we can all afford to be covered.

Keep it up. You're doing a great job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people to work for they have great benifits and they contribute into your 401k -everyday free coffee,milk and they supply cups,sugars and utensils. who does that today???

Cons

I have no complaints-the people are professional and the software is the most modern to work with.

I am not computer savvy and this is the first company that uses a lot of excel and my supervisor

has taught me everything i know...her patience and availability has been a joy!
    great people to work for they have great benefits and they contribute into your 401k -everyday free coffee,milk and they supply cups,sugars and utensils. who does that today???

Try and get Muzac

So far, so good...company outlook seems positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is small but growing fast and seems to be headed in the right direction. The new Suggestion Box email is a great idea and the CEO seems interested in fixing things that can be corrected.

Cons

Because the company is small some of the benefits/compensation could be better but management seems to be aware of the situation and has talked about working on making this better as the company grows.

Try and take out the seasonality of the workload. Steady work is better than peaks and valleys.

Its Only a Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Janitor  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Janitor in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with the company for 4 years and to be honest, there are only two reason I continue to stay. Experience and People.

Experience: If your looking for a company to experience longevity with... this is not it. MedSave USA is not a company to build a career around. Its purely a stepping stone. You take this job to give you a boost or a couple steps above the competition. If you start entry level, your guaranteed to move up (if you work extremely hard), but once you get to a certain level.... your stuck there for life. Its extremely rare to stay at MedSave more than 5 years but if you do you move on to amazing job opportunities in other places. I've seen former employees move from MedSave to make double or even tripple their salary in over places all b.c MedSave gives you the skills and job description needed to impress the others.

People: The employees are amazing!! all so friendly and we all get along great. we all help each other out and look our for each other when needed. no complain with the environment.

Cons

Where to start.......... Professionalism, Pay, Communication, Management (or lack of), lack of Mentorship, and the list goes on and on.

DO NOT!!!!! take this job if your plan on making for than 35k. the average salary in this place is 35k and unless your a High Level Manager, you'll never get more. There is a pay gap as well which is very embarrassing (No one gets payed between 40-70k and if they do..... someone in heaven is watching). the most embarrassing thing about the pay is this. Mr. X has worked in the company for 7 years. good position and decent pay. Mr. Y just started working 4 months ago, makes more money than Mr X, and is in an entry level position. completely backwards.

NO COMMUNICATION WHAT SO EVER!!! the executives do not keep anyone on the loop and than wonder why we fail when something was due yesterday and found out today. The compnay only sees $_$ dollar signs and nothing else.

DO NOT loose the best employees due to selfishness

If you can afford to create a title and a position in the company out of thin air, then you can pay the people who make sure your company runs.

COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!!

give a chance to the people who do the most in the company. you want a great company but your loosing all your best assets. That's like playing Chess with 3 paws and nothing else while your opponents have the entire board filled.

This Place Is NOT Where You Want To Be!!

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to a great Christmas Party, dress comfortable.

Cons

Don't get raises, no respect, pure favoritism. They don't give people that deserve a better position a chance. Its not an open. Door policy as they claim. You never know when coming to work if it will be your last day.

They give management and supervisor positions to people that just started 3 months prior instead of those who have worked hard and proven themselves and have been there for years.

Disgusting place to work

I worked at MEDSAVE USA

Pros

Zero pros - if you like favoritism and staying at the bottom of the ranks then you should work here. Work like a dog and get treated like garbage. did I mention the pay is absolutely horrible? I'd say we vote for the "best of LI" for employers.

Cons

Having a company play roulette with your life. Its okay, as long as the right people get paid. Keep talking about those earnings, we can really see them.

you should fire yourselves

Mind numbing work for a company that has zero regard for professionalism.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MEDSAVE USA

Pros

Easy work and enjoyable coworkers.

Cons

Completely unprofessional. Management is a joke. Those in charge often dissapear from their desks for hours on end, then respond with aggravation and derision when you approach them with any questions or concerns. The gossip mill is appalling and favoritism is blatant; if you get sexually harassed or verbally abused at work, good luck filing an HR complaint. The offender will likely get little more than a slap on the wrist by the uncaring, uninvolved higher ups. Good work is not rewarded, either... those who prove themselves competent workers are simply over burdened with work, and rather than distribute wages to compensate for these increased responsibilities, they try to appease with titles like "supervisor" or "team lead" that are completely meaningless save for the extra work load. The company is an unprofessional joke.

Hire new management.

Very draining job

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed work environment, some supervisors are super friendly

Cons

The pay is horrible, 11.25 a hr no raises in sight and this is a temporary job but they don't tell you that when they hire you. They tell you that you'll advance quickly in the company but it's very misleading

Pay your employees better! For all the work we do $11 is not enough

Worked for MEDSAVE USA? Contribute to the Community!