MEDSAVE USA Reviews

3.7
Glen Moller

Document Scanner

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA as a contractor

Pros

HR, Project Managers and the Help Desk are great to work with - very professional and always treated with respect. Love the flexibility of the job and the technology of this company is second to none! Easy to work with, even though I am remote, they make me feel like I am a vital part of their organization.

Cons

You work alone most of the time (which I don't mind) - meet new people with every assignment. Some days you may have to drive an hour to get to your assignment. Mileage is paid. Heavy computer work, so if you are not comfortable working on a laptop, then this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - great company!!

Apr 15, 2015VP, Talent Acquisition & Management

Thank you for the nice words. The Field Ops team is working hard on making their off-site employees feel a part of the team - I'll be sure to pass along your comments.

Please keep us in mind as
    ... More

Medical Records Scanner

Current Contractor - Medical Records Scanner in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Contractor - Medical Records Scanner in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great to work independently and meet new people most days. I like driving so that helps. My project manager and the help desk are always there if you need them. I feel appreciated and respected by my project manager and enjoy working with her. The work is challenging in that each facility you visit is different and requires you to navigate to get the job done via a variety of EMR systems and patient chart types. Every day is different.

Cons

Aside from not knowing your schedule until the night before I really don't see any cons. So far my experience has been fun and interesting!

Advice to Management

Schedules assigned a week in advance would be better than receiving your assignment the night before. This could be done with the understanding that appointments could be added to the weekly schedule as needed during the week. Also, giving employees a weekly update on the project would be interesting from a standpoint of duration of work remaining, etc..

Flexible schedule

Former Contractor - Field Scanning Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Contractor - Field Scanning Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at MEDSAVE USA as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule and easy to take days off in advance. Must Like to drive long distances and go to new places. Also my Project Manager gave me assignments that were beneficial to my drive time and often asked me, while I was on site if I could go to another site. The hourly compensation was below average, but the mileage and drive time made up for it. I would love to work for this company year round if they had enough work.

Cons

Sporadic work schedule. Some weeks I worked 55+ hours and other weeks I worked 12 hours, so it was difficult to gage to pay bills. Good contract employees should be rewarded and retained. I was promised an additional $200 bonus for no call off for December/January, which I did not receive. The weather was treacherous on some of those days in January, but I made the trip and completed the extraction. I attempted to email my project manager but as of yet I have not received a response.

Advice to Management

I would like to come back for my third year, but I would like a higher pay for my experience, reliability and overall quality of my work.

Apr 1, 2015VP, Talent Acquisition & Management

Looks like we're going to be busy in Pittsburgh again this year and we'd love to have you back for a 3rd year. Please feel free to contact me directly at pargyrop@arrohealth.com to discuss any ... More

5. Unprofessional and Misleading

I worked at MEDSAVE USA

Pros

Your co workers are some great individuals. Lots of fresh personalities but that is because this project based company does a massive hire and lay off for each project received.

Cons

Again, project based company. There is not much structure other than the time you arrive but when you're in a supervisor or management role, you are asked to stay late and come in on weekends and these hours are of course not paid. There is an egregious play of favoritism and management is shamelessly involved with each other. It's hard to respect those you work for when they aren't professional themselves. Management has a lot of attitude and irrational perspectives. The stories I heard when I was hired, I couldn't believe. It didn't take long to see. My post was deleted by the company, which I know they do because I sat in on a meeting and they mentioned another unflattering post by a former employee and had it erased. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this unethical scam.

Advice to Management

Quit before your staff tells you what you don't think they know about you.

Mar 30, 2015VP, Talent Acquisition & Management

While I appreciate you providing your feedback, you are providing false information to the Glassdoor community. We as a company have no means to erase or delete posts and at no point was that ever a ... More

MedSave USA is definitely worth considering for HCC coders

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been with MedSave for a few months, however, I have had only positive experiences. HCC coding was new to me, but I really enjoy this type of coding. I've received group as well as personal training. I had some things that I was struggling with, and my Project Manager jumped right in and got me the help I needed so that I was a positive member on the team. Any questions I have had have been answered in a timely manner. Working remote became a necessity for me, and MedSave has helped me to achieve this goal and help me to continue to do the work that I trained for and enjoy doing.

Cons

Some communication could be a little better. If one knows of issues in advance of a project, these need to be shared with the coders before they become a problem that effects the coding or workflow.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate the coders you have at every level. Continue to reward hard work--even if it's just a kind word. Being positive is contagious and a great morale booster! Compensation could be a little better.

The position offered a lot of flexibility, and allowed he or she to work independently or as a member of a team.

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

An individual has time to work towards other goals, while maintaining a sporadic work schedule.

Cons

The facility assignments are not posted in advance, this makes it difficult to maintain personal issues without a set schedule.

Advice to Management

It would be a great help to try and keep individuals informed of scheduling.

Feb 4, 2015VP, Talent Acquisition & Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously working on improving the scheduling of our employees and providers to make for the most efficient use of time and effort.

-Paul Argyropoulos
    ... More

Great place to work if you like variety.

Former Employee - Field Scan Technician in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Field Scan Technician in Columbus, OH

I worked at MEDSAVE USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Daily variety. Not locked into going to the same place each and every day. Meet lots of different people.

Cons

Advertised as a full time position even though you're lucky to get more than 25 hours/week. In most instances you got less then 12 hours notice telling you where your next assignment was. Sometimes the client wasn't fully prepared for your arrival and you had to look for medical files yourself, sometimes in poorly organized offices (this wasn't Medsave USA's fault).

Advice to Management

There should be better communication between the company and the staffing agency that pays the scan technicians. We were told we would get reimbursed for personal internet usage to upload the files, but found out after the fact we had to send the staffing agency copies of our internet and cell phone bills in order to get reimbursed. Other than that it was a decent company to work for.

9. In one word FRUSTRATING

Former Employee - Medical Scanner Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Scanner Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at MEDSAVE USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay, Low Stress, Hourly wage, Time Off (unpaid), and all equipment provided to you and reimbursed for paper goods if needed. Seasonal position, worked there for 8 months when project ends you are done unless they can move you to another project. If not you will have the possibility of being a rehire in a few months to start a new project. There are not a lot of pros for working for this company.

Cons

So many to list, not knowing where you are going til 1 day ahead of time. I feel they should be albe to schedule out at least a week in advance, especially with some of these offices want one to two weeks advance notice to have everything ready. Lack of communication. You can email, text, leave voice mail messages, even when speaking to your superior they don't follow up with you. Everything falls on deaf ears. CONSTANT payroll issues with, not getting paid for hours, mileage, etc...No job recognition, unless you have a complaint and have reached out to their manager/HR, then you get praised to high heaven. No benefits, even if you work full time you are still considered a seasonal employee. No advancement opportunities either.

Advice to Management

Re-train them all...or hire more and fire all the ones you have. There is no reason that there should be any of the issues mentioned above. Lack of communication is the biggest and most frustrating part. If your managers can not do that then there is no reason for them being in a position of power.

Feb 17, 2015VP, Talent Acquisition & Management

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your employment with MedSave USA. While growing at a rapid rate, we, at times, have struggled to maintain communications with our field ... More

Overall my experience with MedSave was good!

Current Contractor - Medical Records Scanner in Richmond, VA
    Current Contractor - Medical Records Scanner in Richmond, VA

I have been working at MEDSAVE USA as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and weekly, you work alone, no micro managing, everything is computer based, provides good training, a reliable help desk number and excellent communication. Perfect for someone that is very flexible with their schedule.

Cons

Some of the work sites were not as accommodating but MedSave has no control over that, you may go weeks without work or asked to work with less than 24 hours notice.

Former employee. Call center, hauppauge N.Y.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at MEDSAVE USA

Pros

The pay wasn't bad and the merit programs ,when they kept up with them.

Cons

I was never told I wasn't doing well enough. I should have been told and given a chAnce to improve before being let go two weeks after being rewarded for my productivity.

Advice to Management

Keep a better eye on your employees. In my time working there there were people drinking alcohol at their desks or going to the liquor store or cafe for breakfast when it wasn't their break time. There was a lot of chatter and distraction and little to no professionalism. It was nearly impossible to hear a conversation on the phone with the constant noise and laughter and personal chatter going on. I complained and was fired the same day.