MEDcare Urgent Care

MEDcare Urgent Care Reviews

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014

Radwan Hallaba

Love working for this company and with my co workers!!!

Current Employee - Med Tech in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Med Tech in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

For the first time I am working for a company that truly cares for their employees!

Cons

I have not found one yet!

Keep up the great work!

If you need a job where you aren't considered a person..

Former Employee - Front Desk in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Charleston, SC

I worked at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy way to pay the bills. Most of my coworkers were a joy to work with. Keep your head down and do your work and you'll be fine.

Cons

They don't value the in house talent they have. They don't offer any development programs. Overworked, underpaid. I asked multiple times for development and never got any. Constant turnover. They demand you cover the front desk 24/7 but don't provide you coverage to eat or use the restroom. They fire people with no warning for stupid reasons but it is usually because they don't like them. Unethical business and HR practices. I'm surprised they have not been sued more. They do not value their employees. The positive reviews seem to have been written by the company because they were all on the same date and have the same voice. Another example of how sketchy this company can be.

The owners need to go to business schools and improve their ethics and people skills.

Don't believe the Hype! HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!

I worked at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful Co-Workers and 4 days off

Cons

They do not value their employees. They expect you to work like a slave, treat you like a dog with no lunch breaks, no bathroom breaks, no advancements, no raises or bonuses. The pay is horrible. It's sad when you make your employees/managers write google and glassdoor reviews to make you look better and cover up how horrible this place is.

Get your act together and start valuing your employees. Your turn-over rate is HORRIBLE and you don't care!!!! Realize Medcare and the way it is run is the problem!!

I am new, but so far the company is amazing and the onboarding process makes it easy and awesome!

Current Employee - Clinic Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Clinic Manager in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are very competitive, the management is responsive to employees' thoughts and needs, the training promotes growth, and the company itself is ever-changing to keep up with the rapidly evolving healthcare market. The company culture has been recently developed but it is second to none. Their mission statement can be summarize in their first core value: To make the patient experience EASY and AWESOME.

Cons

This type of work environment (Urgent Care) typically results in a high turn-over ratio and Medcare is no exception. I do know, however, that the management team is actively engaged in coming up with solutions for this.

Continue your development of the various training programs and promotion rubrics. I think this company is headed on the right path and I am excited to see where it goes.

Amazing company to grow with

Current Employee - Management in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Management in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been employed with MEDcare for over 5 years and I started out in the clinic and have worked my way up into management. MEDcare has given me great opportunities for advancement and has funded several different trips for me to attend conferences and classes to obtain more knowledge in the Urgent Care industry. The only thing that they have asked in return is hard work and dedication. If you aren't afraid of work and want to advance your career, this is the place for you! Great benefits, fantastic time off for management, great co-workers!

Cons

As I said, I have been with MEDcare for quite some time and cannot think of one bad thing to say. The owners are great! I did see another review that was negative regarding PTO. I would like to comment that the clinical staff works 12 hour shifts 3 days per week. If you need time off, the managers work with you to get it and make it where you do not even have to use your PTO. For instance, you could work Mon, Tues, Wed and have off Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and then work again Fri-Sun and not have to take any PTO days.

Keep up the awesome work! I love working for you all!

Dream job!!!

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, medical, dental and vision insurance after 30 days on the job, amazing growth opportunities within the company, MEDcare is always improving and expanding, providing great opportunities for growth and to be able to offer the best care possible to our costumers base on satisfaction, positive experience and getting the patient better faster.

Cons

I have been with MEDcare for 3 years and it has always been an exceptional place to work, I can't come up with any cons, I'm MEDcare!!!!

Keep up the god job!!!

Awesome Learning Experience with Growth Potential!!

Current Employee - Radiologist Technologist in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Radiologist Technologist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Medcare Urgent Care for two years now and I love it. I enjoy working 3 twelve hour shifts and then I get to enjoy my four days off with my family and friends. With Advancement opportunities, management willing to work around your schedule, and great compensation; you can't complain. Although, I graduated as a Radiology Technologist; I've gained skills as a lab tech and medical assistant, which has been a wonderful learning experience and makes it an even more rewarding career.

Cons

Short staff at times, but if you work as at TEAM you can do it!!!

I have no advice for management!

Great Opportunity - Great Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I first got here, one of the things that impressed me the most was the training that is offered to employees, especially the clinical staff. I have worked many places where you are just "thrown to the wolves" and told to figure it out and get it done. I think that team work here is amazing from the bottom to the top and I truly like coming to work every day. I love the core values here and I see them in people everyday here.

Cons

I don't think there are really any cons but you do have to work hard and you do have to give your all everyday which I kind of like. It makes me work to my potential and I feel good after a day of getting things done.

I'd like to tell management to keep listening to the employees, they are the ones who are in it every day and they are a great team with great ideas.

Amazing Opportunity

Current Employee - Physician Liaison & Outreach Coordinator in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MEDcare is a very innovative and growing company with a lot of opportunity to learn and utilize your talents and skills. MEDcare Urgent Care provides a very valuable service to the community and it is very rewarding to be a part of that process. Hard work, commitment and dedication allows you to advance in the company quickly. My overall experience with MEDcare Has been positive and rewarding.

Cons

You must be willing to work hard and give 110%. You must be flexible with job duties and a team player.

MEDcare Management is very easy to work with and allows for an open door policy. They are very open to suggestions and recommendations. They provide excellent support and quick to give praise.

My experience has been pleasant, co-workers are passionate about patient care and having the organization succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the relationship forged between myself and the patients we care for as well as with my co-workers in management & clinical/ non-clinical staff. The affordability we can offer our patients is unmatched & the efficiency in which they can receive a diagnosis and treatment is remarkable.

Cons

Communication can always be enhanced in any work environment. I have seen great improvements in this over the last several months within management.

Continue to communicate effectively and show appreciation to our support staff frequently.