MEDcare Urgent Care

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014
3.1

Radwan Hallaba

I am new, but so far the company is amazing and the onboarding process makes it easy and awesome!

Current Employee - Clinic Manager  in  North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Clinic Manager in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are very competitive, the management is responsive to employees' thoughts and needs, the training promotes growth, and the company itself is ever-changing to keep up with the rapidly evolving healthcare market. The company culture has been recently developed but it is second to none. Their mission statement can be summarize in their first core value: To make the patient experience EASY and AWESOME.

Cons

This type of work environment (Urgent Care) typically results in a high turn-over ratio and Medcare is no exception. I do know, however, that the management team is actively engaged in coming up with solutions for this.

Continue your development of the various training programs and promotion rubrics. I think this company is headed on the right path and I am excited to see where it goes.

Amazing company to grow with

Current Employee - Management  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Management in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been employed with MEDcare for over 5 years and I started out in the clinic and have worked my way up into management. MEDcare has given me great opportunities for advancement and has funded several different trips for me to attend conferences and classes to obtain more knowledge in the Urgent Care industry. The only thing that they have asked in return is hard work and dedication. If you aren't afraid of work and want to advance your career, this is the place for you! Great benefits, fantastic time off for management, great co-workers!

Cons

As I said, I have been with MEDcare for quite some time and cannot think of one bad thing to say. The owners are great! I did see another review that was negative regarding PTO. I would like to comment that the clinical staff works 12 hour shifts 3 days per week. If you need time off, the managers work with you to get it and make it where you do not even have to use your PTO. For instance, you could work Mon, Tues, Wed and have off Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and then work again Fri-Sun and not have to take any PTO days.

Keep up the awesome work! I love working for you all!

Dream job!!!

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, medical, dental and vision insurance after 30 days on the job, amazing growth opportunities within the company, MEDcare is always improving and expanding, providing great opportunities for growth and to be able to offer the best care possible to our costumers base on satisfaction, positive experience and getting the patient better faster.

Cons

I have been with MEDcare for 3 years and it has always been an exceptional place to work, I can't come up with any cons, I'm MEDcare!!!!

Keep up the god job!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Learning Experience with Growth Potential!!

Current Employee - Radiologist Technologist  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Radiologist Technologist in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Medcare Urgent Care for two years now and I love it. I enjoy working 3 twelve hour shifts and then I get to enjoy my four days off with my family and friends. With Advancement opportunities, management willing to work around your schedule, and great compensation; you can't complain. Although, I graduated as a Radiology Technologist; I've gained skills as a lab tech and medical assistant, which has been a wonderful learning experience and makes it an even more rewarding career.

Cons

Short staff at times, but if you work as at TEAM you can do it!!!

I have no advice for management!

Great Opportunity - Great Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I first got here, one of the things that impressed me the most was the training that is offered to employees, especially the clinical staff. I have worked many places where you are just "thrown to the wolves" and told to figure it out and get it done. I think that team work here is amazing from the bottom to the top and I truly like coming to work every day. I love the core values here and I see them in people everyday here.

Cons

I don't think there are really any cons but you do have to work hard and you do have to give your all everyday which I kind of like. It makes me work to my potential and I feel good after a day of getting things done.

I'd like to tell management to keep listening to the employees, they are the ones who are in it every day and they are a great team with great ideas.

Amazing Opportunity

Current Employee - Physician Liaison & Outreach Coordinator  in  West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Physician Liaison & Outreach Coordinator in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

MEDcare is a very innovative and growing company with a lot of opportunity to learn and utilize your talents and skills. MEDcare Urgent Care provides a very valuable service to the community and it is very rewarding to be a part of that process. Hard work, commitment and dedication allows you to advance in the company quickly. My overall experience with MEDcare Has been positive and rewarding.

Cons

You must be willing to work hard and give 110%. You must be flexible with job duties and a team player.

MEDcare Management is very easy to work with and allows for an open door policy. They are very open to suggestions and recommendations. They provide excellent support and quick to give praise.

My experience has been pleasant, co-workers are passionate about patient care and having the organization succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy the relationship forged between myself and the patients we care for as well as with my co-workers in management & clinical/ non-clinical staff. The affordability we can offer our patients is unmatched & the efficiency in which they can receive a diagnosis and treatment is remarkable.

Cons

Communication can always be enhanced in any work environment. I have seen great improvements in this over the last several months within management.

Continue to communicate effectively and show appreciation to our support staff frequently.

You can do better!

Current Employee - Med Tech  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Med Tech in Charleston, SC

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The people at the clinics are very close and good at what we do. The schedules are flexible and the doctors (except one) are great.

Cons

The administration is crap in this company. They praise these "core" values yet they back stab and cheat people. The company pushes to have test after test ran on patients when it is not needed and only wish to drive up the cost of the visit.

What management?

DO NOT APPLY HERE

I have been working at MEDcare Urgent Care

Pros

Really? There are none besides they help pay bills.

Cons

Over worked, no lunch time, and treated like children. Taking chairs away from people who work 12+ hrs daily because they want to sit down is absurd. Management has no clue how to run these places! Sketchy people run this! Telling doctors to order tests just to increase payments!! I could go on and on but the reviews speak for themselves.

All these managers preach "teamwork" and yet they turn around and destroy people behind their backs. I would be embarrassed to own this company! Core values do NOT exist here!

FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO WORK!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

I worked at MEDcare Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

friends, considers special needs for workers days off, bonuses yearly, good location to home, good for patients who can't afford ER with later hours, patients mostly nice even tho sick

Cons

gossip, back biting, management at work won't train their way of doing business leaving workers lost and untrained, loud arguments, clicks, in news lately not good

Take a good SERIOUS look around!

Worked for MEDcare Urgent Care? Contribute to the Community!