MEDecision

Add Photos

MEDecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage

Deborah M. Gage

Superb & Fantastic Place to work

Professional Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at MEDecision

ProsThe team is very supportive and willing to help.
Lots of hard work, but great pay. It is worth it!

Cons401K company match needs to be more robust

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace the entire team in one building
Employee Suggestion email/box
Quarterly/Annual employee recognition awards

Great place with great benefits and flexibility if you have to have some flexibility in your work/life schedule!!!

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, nice benefits
Resonable amount of time off
Good corp structure and management discipline
Positive outlook of the future of the company and good communication as it relates to business changes from upper management

ConsSpeed of making some decisions
All in all it is hard to come up with anything too measurable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush the sales force to get sales moving and make us an even stronger company than we already are!

Great place - growing pains

I worked at MEDecision

ProsManagement changes and lots of false starts. Mix of moderate to high tech skills. Easy to learn where there is initiative. 5K education credit and good vacation if negotiated up front.

ConsManagement bent on managing things and missing the bottom line. Typical clueless infrastructure could be doing more for less cost.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the right people and stop the Office Space mentality. Don't say things and not follow through.

A disappointment

I worked at MEDecision

ProsGreat people who want to do a good job
Travel experienced was exactly as advertised
Growing company

ConsAwful work/life balance
Sales team sells features that do not exist
Customers not satisfied/product not where it needs to be

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good hard look at the sources of issues, not the symptoms
Take the time to plan

Great place to work and grow your career

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

Pros* Competent staff
* Very little, if any, slackers
* Great pay
*Fosters career advancement

Cons* Medical/Dental benefits are not great
* 401k match could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementMore respect to workers. * The new GA management belittles and chastises his staff in meetings in front of peers (lack of respect and professionalism)

Proceed with Caution

I worked at MEDecision

ProsAs a small company, MEDecision may give you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and activities. There is a lot of work to do and they are in a good business. MEDecision had a good vision and a good legacy and they have been in business a long time (20+ years). They have a loyal customer base and some very good customers who will be with them for a long time. They are willing to pay their technical staff a good starting salary and they invest in good performance with fair merit increases, for the most part. Their new product has promise, and they need to create a bridge for getting their current clients there. The future, therefore, is positive. Scott Storer, the new President and COO, is promising and appears to be a good leader. It will depend on how much he is permitted to lead -- and how long he stays.

ConsThere has been too much executive turnover in the last couple of years and no communicated or stable strategic plan. No one at MEDecision seems to own communicating to employees; it is non-existent. The board hired a consultant to recommend improvements to the services organization and no material changes have occurred in the last year despite ousting one executive and bringing in a new one who is unpopular; it's worse than before. Senior Management, despite its platitudes, does not listen to its employees. As a result of the smaller size of the company, there is still favoritism of the long-time employees that have been with the company regardless of performance results. The company is so busy trying to get projects complete that process and infrastructure are not addressed or invested in after all of the years the company has been in business.

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardization and stability in process, and not just the development processes, is necessary for long-term sustainability. MEDecision needs to establish and stabilize one vision and then execute on that while investing in its infrastructure to ensure its long-term viability. It also needs to take a long, hard look still at its executive ranks for anything or anyone that may be toxic.

Most racist & ill managed company ever

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at MEDecision

ProsSome of the employees at MEDecision honestly wanted to improve the company.

Cons1) No corporate values: Most companies have a mantra or a set of values by which they conduct business. MEDecision has no such value system and it shows. Additionally, they seem to be rather proud of the fact that they have no core values.

2) MEDecison is more like a fraternity than a company: Middle managers are rather crafty at keeping upper management in the dark. Since upper management has little to no tech nor hands on business training, keeping them in the dark is quite easy. Typically, middle managers in the systems & development areas would simply lie about the direction or solution for a project. And, would even go as far as to point fingers at other departments as being the cause of a problem. When the truth is that the middle manager is simply not skilled enough or harbors some type of personal contempt.

3) Robbing Peter to pay Paul: Overall, MEDecision is not a financially sound company. Because of its overwhelming debt from the past few years, they have had to be very "liberal" with their commitment to clients by double billing clients and grossly over extending employees. While their new owners have helped slightly, it is obvious that the issue is deeper than they can handle.

4) MEDecision is the only company in its industry that has an unspoken policy of not recruiting people of color nor women for executive positions. As noted on their site: http://medecision.com/Content.aspx?cid=4.1 Additionally, their HR department is proud to say that they have a Neanderthal's approach to professional development.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire everyone & start over. This time, institute drug testing of employees and Pre-employment Personality Tests to weed out divisive personalities.

Great pay, lousy work

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at MEDecision

ProsMEDecision pays great and lets you work from home or remote whenever you want. They are also good with flexible work schedules. The offices are close to the King of Prussia area so you have access to shopping and restaurants. Also there's a great community park right out back where you can take lovely walks on your lunch hour. When I worked there, they paid for satellite TV service in the lunchroom downstairs so you could watch whatever you wanted during the day. The facility was modern as well and the air seemed pleasant, unlike some of these office buildings that seem to pump out toxic air

ConsLots of change without communication. Favoritism toward employees who worked there when it was a small privately-owned company. This favoritism plays out in projects and promotions. Very cliquish and unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some managers who know what they are doing and pay attention to ALL of their staff, not just their favorites.

Interesting

I have been working at MEDecision as a contractor

ProsStill learning the environment and meeting people.

ConsUnsure what to say at this time.

Advice to Senior Managementworking on it

Wouldn't recommend to my friends and family!

I have been working at MEDecision full-time

ProsFlexible with hours, ability to work from home, fun and intelligent co-workers/peers.

ConsLayoffs are again on the books.
Lots of titles and more senior/vp titles hired.
Product needs improvement, too many defects and lacking functionality.
Processes are broken and while the effort is there to improve, slow to change.
The aesthetics of the C-suite building appeared to be important in 2010 and when the changes weren't appealing it was done again - all the while laying people off.
Work/Life balance has gone downhill.
Performance reviews were revamped mid-year with only 2 weeks notice on the changes and no opportunity to adjust to new metrics. Provided Sr. Management a good baseline to aid them in cleaning house.....again.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit shuffling people around - make the appropriate changes, the company is once again top heavy. Fix the product, make it better all around, make implementation easier. There are smart people here who can do the job, allow them to do their jobs.
Cleaning up from previous senior management's mistakes is never easy ,but seriously, I think Miss Gage is in over her head. I've seen the logo change and the development of a SAS product for small customers, but nothing has changed with the flagship application.

Worked for MEDecision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MEDecision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MEDecision CEO Deborah M. Gage. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by MEDecision employees.