MEI Technologies

www.meitechinc.com

MEI Technologies Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

David Cazes

I learned a lot as a Test Director/Government Office at PM ASE treated me great.

Test Director (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat Leadership, and good benefits.

ConsThere was no cons at this position except the work slowed down, which caused my layoff.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe flex time, and ability to work overtime as required for the many Government positions. Your company is highly regarded as a Diverse company that can be outstanding as a contractor to the government. Remember to let your workers to be flexible.

NASA Best Company

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsSmall company - Veteran Owned

ConsBecause it is small there is no where to go if the job ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more on the DoD, US Military side to develop better relationships.

A good place to work.

Senior Pwb Designer (Former Employee) Greenbelt, MD

ProsManagement cares about the employees

ConsLimited scope in work led to lay offs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting/unique work, limited future career growth, low/intermediate pay

Engineer III (Former Employee) Las Cruces, NM

ProsVery interesting work, dynamic work environment, can be low pressure/low stress

Consterrible/expensive benefits, low pay in comparison to other industries

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to take care of your employees better

Design of the Ground Support Equipment used to test end certify on PWB and BOX level unit built in Spacecraft.

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Greenbelt, MD

ProsRewording and challenging. Opportunity to advance.

ConsManaging task, especially on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Managing task, especially on site.

MEI is not a place for career minded engineers

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Sebring, MD

ProsThe company compensates its employees better than average, considering the fact that they charge NASA big $$ for the engineering services they provide, I was satisfied with my salary. The benefits are average, the management communication and relationship with the employees on-site at NASA is almost non-existent.

ConsThere are no opportunities to advance your career if you are an MEI engineer and working on-site at NASA. You'd work at the same engineering level for years known as contractor and hope there are more work for you so they keep you, meanwhile civil servants with a few years work experience since college, a tiny fraction of your work experience and knowledge rule over you. What hurts is that, I was the recipient of the most unethical act done by two NASA civil servants and an MEI management who admitted that they tried to save their friend whose project at NASA was terminated and had no work at the time. They bumped me out of my job and later MEI gave me a pink slip, this was to the surprise of my team-workers, the corroborators gave him the lead position which he did not deserve and was not competent to do, he was removed from that position later by NASA due to his lack of competence. I considered suing MEI had I not signed an agreement formfitting my right to sue the company prior to my employment at MEI.

Advice to Senior ManagementNASA projects run their own engineering management, MEI is irrelevant. MEI management should be more involved and take care of their employees, find them new tasks and opportunity to move to different department if needed, customer is right but not at the employees cost.

GREAT Company!

Corporate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMEIT offers a good work-life balance, fun atmosphere, growth opportunities, great pay and truly cares about their employees!

ConsBenefits could be better, but are comparable to the industry competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to brand yourself with your employees and community.

Watch out if you are not a part of the "corporate click".

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsUp to date on processes and procedures. Salary fairly good.

ConsFavoritism runs rampant at corporate. They will find a reason to fire you if upper management doesn't like you. I got another job and left the company because of seeing the injustice done here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up, just because someone is different doesn't mean they are a bad employee. I have seen way to many employees get fired because someone from upper management didn't like them. Upper management will hire their friends whenever a friend needs a job.

A Decent place to work.

Security Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood corporate culture, reasonable benefits and salary.

ConsRelies heavily on governmental contracts.

Good company, bad contract desisions.

Aerospace Structural Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMid level management really seems to care about their employees.

ConsContract negoations generally seem to mostly benefit the company at the expense of the employees. Employee promotion is very limited for non-management types.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to promote your employees.

Worked for MEI Technologies? Contribute to the Community!