MERA Networks Reviews

Updated April 10, 2014
Updated April 10, 2014

3.8

CEO

Not the biggest challenge, but people relations are great

Current Employee - Software Designer  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Software Designer in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at MERA Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can easily switch between projects, technologies. As the company is outsourcing, there's a plenty of them. People and manamegment are cool. I can change my schedule as much as I like. I was always paid for overtime hours. For me it seems that internal culture is not so strong, but it happens to be supportive. A variety of trainings is available.

Cons

It may be boring time to time. There're company values on the kitchen's wall, but I don't see them anyhow connected to the real life.

A nice place to start your career

Former Employee - Software Designer  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Former Employee - Software Designer in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I worked at MERA Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

A large, well-established and well-recognized company. Career growth is absolutely possible. A large set of additional benefits for employees (training courses, foreign business trips, medical insurance, gym, etc.). Students and graduates are welcome.

Cons

Fairly routine work, especially for the new employees and fresh graduates. The company is less flexible than many smaller employers, so expect some red tape. Occasional overtime happens, but is reimbursed, as well as weekend work.

I don't think there's much to improve right now. The company just works and is well-suited for its employees and customers.

Good work in good company

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at MERA Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big company with different projects, opportunity to select a project, businesstrips to onsite of customer, getting different experiens from diff projects and customers

Cons

Some projects are sustaining ones, less drive. Some customers have timeshift with Nizhniy Novgorod thus there are some difficalties with verbal communications with customes representatives.

More interesting projects, more business trips

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to build IT career

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at MERA Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- there are all necessary conditions to quickly build technical competence in many areas
    - there are possibilities for a vertical career (to management)
    - very good project atmosphere and team work
    - salaries are reviewed and increased at least once a year basing on results
    I have built a good career starting from software engineer (senior engineer, team leader and then project manager)

Cons

- IT department sometimes responds slowly to requests from employees

- organize GIS meetings more often. Inform employees about company strategy and opportunities

Valuable years working with prfessionals

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at MERA Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After graduate education and self-development are well encouraged. Company is recognized in country-wide conferences by other SW companies for high level of technical expertize. Close communication with oversease partenrs, interesting projects.

Cons

It takes much efforts to achieve your own development goals. Not enough freedom to work more from home most of the time.

Some more trainings from high managers about the best self-used practics could help others.
    More foreing engineering offices would help in communication with customers.

Perfect career start

Current Employee - Software Designer/Tester  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Software Designer/Tester in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at MERA Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- perfect career start
    - some benefits
    - great peoples

Cons

- low salary
    - processes are lame
    - already not comfortable because company has become a large

Software Designer at Mera

Former Employee - Software Designer
    Former Employee - Software Designer

I worked at MERA Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere. International trips. (e.g., in my case it was to Paris) Many skilled employees to learn from.

Cons

Low salary. Office condition is not so great as one may want: they move divisions frequently to other offices that they rent; the work space is quite tiny and too open space. Though co-workers were very friendly, IT department is not. I once had broken my keyboard (my friend has dropped my tea on it when greeting) and asked them for a replacement. But they gave me really old dirty keyboard that was barely functioning. So, I had to buy my own one and use it for work. Such a shame!

In Mera the only way to get better salary is to switch to managerial path. I think Mera needs to develop paths for technical leaders as well.

Good company to start a career

Current Employee - Software Designer  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Software Designer in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at MERA Networks

Pros

1. Most professional company with extensive experience in software development
    2. You can get a good experience for people without work experience
    3. Social package

Cons

1. Low salary
    2. Poor conditions for growth after two years
    3. Low staff motivation

1. Increase the salaries of employees
    2. motivate employees
    3. Retain employees with good experience

It's a good company to start with iT-career and get experience in the beginning. This is jumping-off place.

Former Employee - Test Leader
    Former Employee - Test Leader

I worked at MERA Networks

Pros

It's a good place to start your IT-career, especially if you don't have any experience. Good training is available for all newcomers. There are a lot of projects in Mera and a person can try different jobs. You have great chance to get higher position if you start to work in new project.

Cons

The most of experts leave the company because of low salaries. It's really boring to work with amateurs. The most of mid-management (project managers, team-leaders) don't have appropriate education. There is an excess of mid-management in project: many team leaders with redundant function, project assistants, etc. Sometimes conflicts break out between them.

Think about experts. People who have great work experience and can do mucj for the company should be good paid.

Worked for MERA Networks? Contribute to the Community!