MET Laboratories

Updated November 12, 2014
Updated November 12, 2014
1.9

Rob Frier

Nice people but don't work there if you need to pay your bills

Former Employee - Not Listing in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Not Listing in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MET Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are nice and the owner seems to care about the people. Small little freebees from time to time. If you don't currently have a job, it could be a good stop-over.

Cons

Not a place to work if you expect normal market rate salary. You can view some of the managers more as a 'Nanny' than a manager.

Hire the right people to do the job and let them do it. Most employees are too old for a baby sitter. Treat the employees like adults.

Micro Managing 101

Former Employee - EMC Test Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - EMC Test Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at MET Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was paid hourly for a salary position

Cons

Micro managing, i.e. they had a software program that defined you. Other departments gave their opinions as to how we should conduct ourselves and do our jobs. Inexperienced leadership, EMC Division in Austin is still trying to get off the ground, but with inexperienced, and inefficient leadership and personel.

I Sent my advice to Management to illiminate all of the above cons.

I have been working at MET Laboratories

Pros

There is a fence around building but they allow some homeless crazy person to live there and he does threaten the employees. They do have AC when hot but always cold in winter.

Cons

No leadership, all managers are kids, treat older employees like idiots, lack of working equipment, most out of date. Will do NOTHING to help any employee who is having problems or needs help. Don't attempt to walk out of fence for a brake or lunch, they will end up finding your body in some ditch.

MOVE, THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS NOTHING BUT TRASH, TO DANGEROUS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES. Hire some people over 25 to manage, you have nothing but a bunch of over paid punks working for you.

horrible experience

I have been working at MET Laboratories full-time

Pros

pros:
    benefits 401k, medical except dental

Cons

this company is full of cons:
    its a fish market, no training, no management structure, positions are created on fly, salary is a joke, dont walk RUN as far as you can from this company, they will harrass until you tell them shut up, favoritism..i have worked in ESL and EMC both and EMC is the worst depart

management need to learn managing people first, take decisions with their brain and not with how long they know the person

Not worth it

Former Employee - Software Technician in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Technician in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at MET Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice engineers and people. Fairly diverse group of people, although very androcentric.

Cons

Senior Managers barely come to work and when they do, needlessly berate hardworking employees. For an engineering position, the pay is much too low. Turn-over rate is VERY high, so get used to meeting new recruits every month or so. Most people are friendly, but incredibly apathetic, which makes sense due to the managing style, pay, and overall company attitude.

Stop playing games.

Fake Engineers and Racial Company

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MET Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work in MET is analogous as working in the fleamarket !! few bucks to get you through for a few months. The owner uses immigrants for cheap money to run his labs.
    Dum management and very racial.

Cons

Challenges are everybody working there. low level of reasoning, that is why you find some employees worked there for over 17 years, because if you leave that place they will never find a job in all of what they do! Summary: If you have a low capital of intellect you would work there .

They should go to trade school and learn hairdressing it is better for them.

I am embarrassed to have worked for this company.

I have been working at MET Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing but a regular paycheck.

Cons

If you work for this company, you will be abused at each opportunity.

Be better people.

MET has been a very positive experience for engineers entering the working world.

Current Employee - EMC Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - EMC Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MET Laboratories full-time

Pros

The job was very hands-on, with a friendly atmosphere. Most of the training was on the job and challenges are, for the most part, independently overcome.

Cons

The lack of a structured training program leaves engineers lost and not always the most confident in finished work.

Address more fundamental business issues, i.e. equipment, communication lines between departments, training; before venturing out into new endeavors for the company. If the company is becoming more technically trained and the company is its most efficient it can be, new money making opportunities will develop.

a little frustrating

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at MET Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to work with really cool companies in the bay area and see up and coming products / prototypes. People who work here are very supportive and intelligent. You also get $250 a year towards sports equipment.

Cons

The pay is far below the average for an Engineer.. almost an unlivable salary in Silicon Valley with a company motto of cheap cheap cheap, while the CEO in Baltimore brags to the entire company about his Tesla and expensive travels. The atmosphere is VERY stressful and most engineers are cynical and unhappy. There is also a high employee turnover rate.

Pay your engineers a REAL salary and they will stay.

Family oriented company

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MET Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They really care about the employees as individuals. The benefits are very good and every year they improve them. The company has been very good to my family.

Cons

There are always a few people who try to bring everyone down. I have worked other places and I feel very lucky to be here.

Some of the managers can use some more manager training. They do promote from within, but sometimes, I think they need more training.