MEplusYOU

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014

MEplusYOU Founder & CEO Doug Levy
Doug Levy

Pros
  • also, the work from home option allowed for a nice work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• He has some great people who do great work and he will continue to empower those people to help in the company success (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance: they claim it's a priority but proceed with caution (in 5 reviews)

• Beware of project managers pressuring you to bill time spent on projects to ADMIN just to avoid going over budget (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Culture head and shoulders above the competition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MEplusYOU full-time

Pros

The company culture distinguishes MEplusYOU from other agencies. The employees are the engine that makes the company run and management shows its appreciation in kind. A large number of former employees have shared how they miss the company's culture. There is greater transparency from the CEO whether the economy is good or not so great. As a result, employees buy in and share the company's successes and losses.

Cons

Would like to see management make decisions in a quicker fashion. Often deliberation can cause the grapevine to become more trusted than the truth.

Great company!!!!

I worked at MEplusYOU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I did some of my best work here and made some great friends. The culture was the best I have experienced in my 14 years in the corporate world. There were lots of genuine people. The deadlines could be tough, but hey, that's the agency world......get over it. Work/life balance is actually worse where I am now and the people are not as friendly making it doubly worse.

Cons

It would have been great to have a structured career planning process with training and leadership development.

Dishonesty is their only policy

I worked at MEplusYOU full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people can be very nice. The office environment is very relaxed and casual. Centrally located in Dallas area.

Cons

-Management is non-existing and there is a lack of honesty on their part, and they shouldn't be trusted.
    -No growth opportunities and no training. Changing a title does not constitute growth.
    -Their projects are not ran by their project managers, but rather by their Account Executives.
    -There is no team spirit, but a very cliquish environment.
    -Most of their business comes from the owner's friends.
    -It is not a professional look to have dogs barking during calls with clients.
    -If you are going to allow dogs in the office, at least provide some air freshener to cover the stench.

When promoting from within the organization, make sure the candidate is qualified for the job.
    Stop spending so much money on your happy hours, beer 30s and food, and invest in your employees.

Fun place to work, hard to get things done.

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at MEplusYOU part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great corporate social responsibility program, very flexible in working with employees and arranging special working situations

Cons

Collaboration with others within the company was difficult as client work (understandably) came before, and usually instead of, everything else.

I know the company is not doing well right now, but I wish them the best. Keep plugging on!

Worst run company ever

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at MEplusYOU full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hard to find the pros except for the clients and my colleagues. I worked with some great professionals, who are friends today. They do pay well overall but it doesn't make up for the other things you have to put up with.

Cons

Bad management, very disrespectful company culture, many many more cons. I'd caution anyone considering going to work there. The worst thing is that the leadership doesn't listen to valid concerns, they just push them under the rug and ask you to overlook it.

The disrespectful culture that is Me Plus You starts at the top and flows down. Think about changing that.

Great for professional growth and experience... until 2012.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at MEplusYOU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, opportunity to contribute in an impactful way as a non-senior level employee, cool work environment (dogs allowed, soda fountains, etc).

Cons

Major exoduses happen for a reason, faulty strategic vision from leadership, lots of smoke and mirrors from the CEO. Take a look at the client roster on the website... MAYBE half are still current clients. The bulk are case studies from pre-2012.

The name change destroyed over a decade of brand equity and destroyed the company overall. I hear it's in the process of being changed back now, but the damage is done.

Great experience!

I have been working at MEplusYOU (more than a year)

Pros

Due to some changes in the company, MEplusYOU has really been a great place to work as a junior employee. I have received many opportunities I would have never had at a larger and more top heavy agency. This agency has some of the most genuine people I have met that really care about great work, client relationships and moving the company forward by bringing new digital ideas to the table to keep work up to date and fresh.

Cons

There has been some recent rockiness and shifts in the company, but feel confident that we're now moving in the right direction.

Not my first priority

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at MEplusYOU as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Senior officers are supportive to training

Cons

Frequent lay offs. So-So salary

Big fan!

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MEplusYOU full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people, great clients, and tons of opportunities. Understand true meaning of work hard/play hard. Teams produce great results and enjoy doing so.

Cons

Recent departure of a few senior management has created challenges (and opportunities.)

Lead!

Sweat Shop. Stay away.

Former Employee - Junior Conceptual Designer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Conceptual Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at MEplusYOU full-time (less than a year)

Pros

"Fun" Beer thursdays and parties.
    Cool office space.
    Good base pay (but awful when you think about the hours)

Cons

Everything is a lie.
    A lot of layoffs.
    Working 80+ hours on projects that don't mean much.
    Leadership is awful.
    Smoke and mirrors on making things look amazing, but it truly isn't.