MGA Business Consulting

CEO

Great sales experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company if you are driven by money, and want to become your own boss. There is constant training, and personal development. The owner of the company motivatated me through his passion about the business. If you are looking to grow and become future business owners this is the place to work. The constant training and education taught me more about myself, and helped me grow personally where I was able to excel and go up in the company. It is not based on seniority so someone can easily move up within the company at their own pace and with hard work. Company strives on team building, management, and having fun. A ton of leadership conferences where you can meet owners from all over the country and other Account Managers.

Cons

Driving, work on weekends, a lot of standing

Have different team outings around Tempe and Scottsdale

Feb 5, 2015Managing Partner

We REALLY appreciate your feedback! It's so great to hear that our development training not only helped you grow professionally, but personally as well; That is our goal - To help someone grow in all ... More

Exponential Growth Potential

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

By far my favorite thing about my experience at MGA Business Consulting was the opportunity for growth. It's seriously unreal here. I've had the opportunity to watch the company expand into new markets, and promote several people to management and Partner positions just in the last year. The growth opportunities are REAL! Of course, with opportunities like this comes hard work, but that's expected anywhere honestly.

Cons

Like I said, it's hard work. If you have a 9-5 "worker bee" mentality, this company probably won't be the best fit for you. And that's okay! Everyone has their strengths and their interests. Mine is working as hard as I can in the shortest amount of time possible, in order to get to where I want to be faster!

You guys are doing all of the right things! I really appreciated your encouragement and belief in me during my time at MGA Business Consulting.

Feb 5, 2015Managing Partner

All we can say is WOW! We really appreciate your open and honest feedback about your time with the company! With as big of an impact as we made, we're sad to see that you left, since you think so ... More

Gain Experience in a Friendly Environment

Current Employee - Full Time Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Full Time Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've only been here a short amount of time but I'm learning a lot and everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I've learned more in the few short weeks during my employment here than I did at my previous job. It's nice that I can grow quickly through the merit-based environment. Everyone is promoted and awarded based on merit, not seniority, which allows you to grow at your own pace. I just recently got to be a part of a promotion where someone in our office was promoted to Junior Partner and he hasn't been with the company for years and years, like you would typically see at most companies.

Cons

Some work days are longer than others, but those are the days where I see more production across the office, and I have it too, so I'm okay with that.

It's been a really exciting place to work so far! The extra learning and coaching we receive, and witnessing the promotions keeps me wanting to go further!

Jan 14, 2015Managing Partner

We appreciate you giving feedback to your experience here! We love to hear feedback so we know what we're doing well, and what things our team thinks we should improve on. And as you mentioned, yes ... More

Worked at MGA for 6 weeks as an entry level account manager

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The morning meetings are fun and enjoyable and really help kick start your day
    Those 2 hours didn't ever feel like going to work
    It is a team atmosphere that is great for people that crave that type of atmosphere
    If you can make it work and this type of sales clicks for you then you can make great money and advancement will be swift
    Management is very understanding and personable but still professional which is a great combination

Cons

If sales isn't your thing you will struggle and most likely not succeed
    55-65 hour work weeks
    Potential of a snowball effect up or down depending on how well or poorly you are doing
    Bottom line is, no one knows if they are going to be great at this job and make lots of money and advance quickly or not. The only way to find out is to try it. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work and you still gained valuable experience. If it does work out, then you will gain valuable experience and have found a good career path to follow. MGA is a great career path for many people and not a great path for many others. The only way to figure it out is to try it out and give it 100 percent.

Having office night and crew night can get overbearing. As much fun as everyone is there comes a point of where you get tired of seeing them for 75 hours a week. It's nothing against people that work there, it is just a little much after an 11 hour day to essentially be required to go to team night when you really just want to go home and rest.
    One other thing, one on ones are great learning tools for some people but for others they don't work well with having what is learned translate to the field. It is just a case by case basis. For the most part one on ones are excellent.

Great People, Great Fun, and a Great Opportunity for Success.

Former Employee - Account Manager/Team Leader
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Team Leader

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I started working at MGA Business Consulting, Inc. in November 2013. It was the first job I ever had that I actually looked forward to going to each morning. The foundation of their business not only helped me to excel in the field, but in life as well. Everyone, especially the upper management, truly cared and wanted you to succeed. I have never met and worked with so many amazing goal-driven people.

Working at MGA taught me the importance of having confidence, maintaining a positive attitude, and keeping a student mentality. That was great for work ethic but translated to my life as well. The advancement opportunities were endless, from entry level to office management and beyond. One of the best parts, was that there was NO HIERARCHY. I loved that everything was performance based. You get what you give, no matter what.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the company in March 2014 due to health concerns. I am so grateful for the time I had there and the friends I made. I would recommend working here to anyone determined to better themselves and truly want to accomplish their goals in work, as well as life.

Cons

I loved it. I can't complain.

Keep up the great job of motivation and success!

Aug 20, 2014Managing Partner

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate team member feedback, past and present. We're glad to see that the things you learned while in the Management Development Program have become useful to ... More

MGA provides an amazing opportunity for learning the ins&outs of operating your own business and service.

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting

Pros

Great working environment; excellent location; team mentality; overall, a fun place to work

Cons

Part of the work week includes the weekend

Emphasize to recruits the importance of being entirely ready to climb that corporate ladder.

Great teamwork - not your average sales and marketing company!

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People here are a lot of fun and seem to truly want one another to succeed - it's not an "everyone out for themselves" environment which is refreshing for sales. The growth from within is great, every opportunity for advancement is earned - not given just because you've been there for awhile.

Cons

You will absolutely work hard, and you won't get rich quick. You'll get tired and frustrated from time to time, but it's worth it. I've worked with Insurance companies before and although I made a bit more money, there was little room for advancement.

Don't stop having fun.

Opportunity for growth and personal development

Former Employee - Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is the first job I've ever had where I know that I've made lasting friendships. The manager , Andres Campanucci, above all understands personality. This is obviously essential for a sales position, but it also makes for a fun and enjoyable work environment. I spent more time outside of work with my coworkers than I did with my own friends.

Another huge benefit to working with this company is the emphasis on goal setting, personal development, interpersonal communication skills, and business acumen. I am an educator at heart, and getting the chance to learn these then pass them on as an instructor was immensely satisfying. Getting that kind of immediate experience and opportunity to interview and train is rare and looks spectacular on a resume. I received multiple job offers almost directly after updating my job history.

Cons

This job is hard, and not for individuals without ambition or a competitive drive. Depending upon 100% commission and the capricious nature of your customers to ensure your weekly paycheck can be nerve-wracking and frustrating.

The amount of time that this job will occupy out of your life is definitely above average. The weekend is in the middle of the week which can be good or bad. Realize that social relationships may suffer if you don't find a balance, otherwise this job can take over everything.

Apart from weekly production your promotions also depend on building a team which can disappear in an instant if you haven't taken the time to train them correctly or build trust with them. If you can shrug off rejection from all sides and repeated setbacks this job has great potential.

As a general rule office morale is a finicky thing! Work on getting the account managers to focus more on positivism and to not be so hard on themselves. Also, because this job has high turnover, be aware that people quitting unexpectedly can also negatively impact everyone's mood and make them worry about their own success. We already know that attitude makes or breaks success, and so the newest employees have to know it too.

Mixed

Former Employee - Corporate Trainor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

MGA is an extremely friendly and motivating environment. The people are genuinely concerned with others success, and dedicated to a common goal. Everyone is trained to maintain a positive mindset and to teach that to the newer employees. Great supporting company who maintains 100% return on investment.

Cons

The employees are trained a robots who reiterate the thoughts taught in a "motivational meeting." The company's ultimate goal is successful in a very minimal amount of people who involve themselves in the business. Once one learns the back office workings of motivation, it is very visible how thus methods are used on oneself. The company trains people to blindly follow their goals despite the consequences that may arise .

Being personal with employees to the extent you are allows too must trust, and thus termination feels personal. Great at motivating trainees, however when training on how to train one realizes the methods being used one oneself and loses respect for their leader.

AWESOME Culture and Leadership

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management is 100% dedicated and involved in the success of it's team members. I felt welcome in the environment since day 1.

Cons

No cons, but know that you have to WORK. If you're expecting to just receive whatever you want without putting in the hard work then look for a different work environment. Really like the 100% merit based promotions!

I appreciate the involvement in the personal and professional success of the team, so keep doing that please.

MGA Business Consulting Photos