MGA Healthcare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Marc Wichansky

Just starting with the company

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

quick hire and good communication

Cons

the pay is $13.50 in san francisco

Advice to Management

i just signed with them so I'm not 100% sure how they operate but they did say it was full-time but when i went they said its on call so i don't expect many hours , after 3 months you can apply to the VA so as long as they like you they'll choose you. The pay starts at $13.50 in san francisco but once the VA hires you it will go up.

2. Admin Assistant

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, family atmosphere, lots of team building.

Cons

Low pay, lots of work that cant get done without staying past working ours with no overtime.

3. RN

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great clinical support, experienced nurses in the field. Freedom to set your own schedule so you are more available and accessible to the patients.

Cons

Big boys club that micromanages to the nth degree. The pay is very low and charting is still on paper. High turnover and pushy recruiters.

Advice to Management

My friend applied, got all her paperwork in but then got a job offer of permanent, fully benefited employment. She e-mailed the recruiter that she would not be working for MGA after all. The recruiter called her and gave her a hard time about it. Lay-off! The continuous phone calls where you call, get voicemail, hang up and start over again for several cycles is bullying.

5. Not the best place for your career

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

-some co-workers are great
    -you get to stay in a nice resort for about 2 nights somewhere in AZ twice a year

Cons

-Compensation and benefits are terrible
    -High turnover rates
    -Not a lot of people can move up in the company
    -Too many empty promises from middle management
    -Too sales-driven; your goal is to try to rip off your temps by paying them as less as possible. The managers' goal is to try to keep you on board while paying you as less as possible
    -Frat house environment

Advice to Management

Try to build career paths for each position in the company. I've seen so many new grads come in bright-eyed and eager, only to see them leave disappointed because nobody cares enough to help them grow. Actually follow through with what you say you're going to do instead of making your employees constantly remind you until you hopefully get around to it. Be more proactive about investing in your employees. You will attract a better crowd and motivate them to stay around and work harder.

Disappointed Certified Nurse Assistant who never got a chance.

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare

Pros

I enjoyed my phone interview with the recruiter about my job skills, and I felt I was a good fit to work for MGA Health Care, because I was told they had lots of work to keep me busy at different locations in my area.

Cons

I tried to follow the hiring process and did everything required I needed to do to start working, but to my disappointment I never was able to work like promised by Pete, because he said he needed to be able to rely on me that I would show up for work. So on this note, I was never given any job assignments, except once, but then to my disappointment someone called me to tell me it was cancelled because they had enough staff for that assignment. So I was forced to continue my unemployment benefits because of no work from your company.

Advice to Management

Please do not make someone follow the hiring process, for example, completing an application, including turning in your Driver's license, Social Security Card, CNA license, CPR Certificates, and taking tests for nothing, because It is very disappointing when company lies to you that you are hired and will be working as soon as everything is completed, but will never get the chance to work. This was not fair to a law abiding U.S. citizen. Thank you for nothing.

7. Wonderful Company!

Current Employee - Certified Nurses Aide in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Certified Nurses Aide in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great supportive work environment. Competitive wages. The office is very open and welcoming. MGA is the best employer I have ever had!

Cons

MGA does not offer good benefits to all their employees. There is a retirement plan, but they only match fifty cents to the dollar. No insurance.

8. One big fraternity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and benefits are great

Cons

I have never worked for a company where crude talk, inappropriate behavior and racial comments were acceptable. It's a staffing agency for nurses so the level of professionalism should be upheld to a high standard. Instead it's like being in a frat house, there's make shift tables for desks and no privacy for talking with clients/customers without hearing the person behind you cursing or talking nasty about something or someone. There's no work life balance, this atmosphere is like nothing I've ever witnessed before.

Advice to Management

Do not tolerate this type of behavior, you're opening this company to a lawsuit.

9. Okay Place to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of free alcohol; managers were approachable and fun.

Cons

They work you to the ground and only few people know how to do anything. It's basically a frat house sometimes.

10. Not for me

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owner of the company is a great man. He makes everyone feel like they matter, and thats every day. I'd classify him as genius. Their mentoring system is great, doesn't matter who it is they'll take the time to help coach you. This location is the corporate headquarters and it's a beautiful building with a great view. Being able to go to work everyday with Charles, another GREAT man.

Cons

At work minimum of 10 hours a day, lunch break sometimes, with no overtime. How hard you work or how many people I staffed it doesn't matter. There were 3 guys on my team. An account manager, and two other recruiters. All best friends two living with each other. How hard I worked and how many contracts I filled didn't matter. I staffed contracted electricians and my show up rate was top and I had guys available for every city which are the metrics we're graded by. Didn't matter if I was better because the Account Manger will always chose to use his roommates electrician. Upper management who's in charge of day to day operations didn't get to see who's doing good or any work because they don't look. They listen to the account managers word for it and reasonably so. But in my case his roommate got to play on the computer and look at espn all day for the three months I was there and then I got fired. I lost my job because I wasn't best friends with my co-workers and didn't go out drinking every night or at lunch with them. Truth. Good guys, just no one I'd see out of work. A shame this company doesn't look at the details of the bottom guy. I spent a couple nights going out with the co-founder, Charles, one on one as to show that Its not like I didn't have any friends within.

Advice to Management

Look at the details, realize who's doing what. It's a shame that no one looked at the black and white and such a negative untrue picture could have been painted and believed. This was my first time recruiting and I wasn't given a training until my 3rd month, I was fired two days later.

Professional recruiters and clinical staff who are there to really help.

Current Employee - Home Health RN in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Home Health RN in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been with the company a few weeks, but the whole staff is amazing. They made me feel wanted and so worthy. Doing home health is new to me, but the encouragement and training has allowed me to be assured and confident in my abilities.

Cons

Right now, there is now insurance. This is going to change in 2014 so it is only a minor setback. Sometimes it seems the way of turning in paperwork is unique, but again, I believe this will also be improved upon with EMR and computer access for the clinical staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I am more than happy to be working with such a great team.

RSS Feed </> Embed