MGA Healthcare Reviews

Marc Wichansky

1. LVN

Former Employee - Principal Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good to get your foot in the door of many of their partnered facilities. If experienced and professional they will send you out to more places and give more work.

Cons

A quota high sales money oriented company where the corporation is concerned more on overall profit than safety and knowledge of their nursing staff.

Advice to Management

Focus on patient advocacy and training of employees to strengthen bottom line and ensure clients the best temp staff.

2. recruiter gives 110%

Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare

Pros

I've been with this company for 6mo and they go out and beyond for me

Cons

Pay is too low compared to other companies

3. Nice entry level job.

I have been working at MGA Healthcare

Pros

Great assignment. Nice place to start to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Low pay. No benefits. No holiday pay.

5. Worst Company EVER!

Current Employee - Per Diem in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Per Diem in Gardena, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare

Pros

Nothing at all any pros you have your paying for with your pride and self -esteem

Cons

Will Lie, Cheat and Steal to get there way black people definitely stay away worse company full of racist individuals who love showboating and mistreating there employees to make themselves feel better. STAY AWAY!

6. Love to work with the kids and families.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Usually able to stay with the same family for an extended amount of time. Allows for overtime. Will try to work with your schedule.

Cons

Dealing with office staff is like dealing with a used car salesperson. They will promise you the world, but rarely deliver. The individual recruiters are hard to get a hold of, be prepared to hound them with phone calls and texts if you really need something. If you work overtime, watch your check because they will short you every chance they get. They offer no pto or sick time.

Advice to Management

You have opened the company up to lawsuits on so many fronts. If your nurses ever start talking, they will sue for wage theft. Make your recruiters more accountable. Not just in dealing with the nurses, but the families have the same complaints. Staff needs to be more on top of things.

Just starting with the company

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

quick hire and good communication

Cons

the pay is $13.50 in san francisco

Advice to Management

i just signed with them so I'm not 100% sure how they operate but they did say it was full-time but when i went they said its on call so i don't expect many hours , after 3 months you can apply to the VA so as long as they like you they'll choose you. The pay starts at $13.50 in san francisco but once the VA hires you it will go up.

8. Admin Assistant

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, family atmosphere, lots of team building.

Cons

Low pay, lots of work that cant get done without staying past working ours with no overtime.

9. RN

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great clinical support, experienced nurses in the field. Freedom to set your own schedule so you are more available and accessible to the patients.

Cons

Big boys club that micromanages to the nth degree. The pay is very low and charting is still on paper. High turnover and pushy recruiters.

Advice to Management

My friend applied, got all her paperwork in but then got a job offer of permanent, fully benefited employment. She e-mailed the recruiter that she would not be working for MGA after all. The recruiter called her and gave her a hard time about it. Lay-off! The continuous phone calls where you call, get voicemail, hang up and start over again for several cycles is bullying.

Not the best place for your career

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time

Pros

-some co-workers are great -you get to stay in a nice resort for about 2 nights somewhere in AZ twice a year

Cons

-Compensation and benefits are terrible -High turnover rates -Not a lot of people can move up in the company -Too many empty promises from middle management -Too sales-driven; your goal is to try to rip off your temps by paying them as less as possible. The managers' goal is to try to keep you on board while paying you as less as possible -Frat house environment

Advice to Management

Try to build career paths for each position in the company. I've seen so many new grads come in bright-eyed and eager, only to see them leave disappointed because nobody cares enough to help them grow. Actually follow through with what you say you're going to do instead of making your employees constantly remind you until you hopefully get around to it. Be more proactive about investing in your employees. You will attract a better crowd and motivate them to stay around and work harder.

Disappointed Certified Nurse Assistant who never got a chance.

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare

Pros

I enjoyed my phone interview with the recruiter about my job skills, and I felt I was a good fit to work for MGA Health Care, because I was told they had lots of work to keep me busy at different locations in my area.

Cons

I tried to follow the hiring process and did everything required I needed to do to start working, but to my disappointment I never was able to work like promised by Pete, because he said he needed to be able to rely on me that I would show up for work. So on this note, I was never given any job assignments, except once, but then to my disappointment someone called me to tell me it was cancelled because they had enough staff for that assignment. So I was forced to continue my unemployment benefits because of no work from your company.

Advice to Management

Please do not make someone follow the hiring process, for example, completing an application, including turning in your Driver's license, Social Security Card, CNA license, CPR Certificates, and taking tests for nothing, because It is very disappointing when company lies to you that you are hired and will be working as soon as everything is completed, but will never get the chance to work. This was not fair to a law abiding U.S. citizen. Thank you for nothing.

RSS Feed </> Embed