MGA Healthcare Reviews

Marc Wichansky

1. Wonderful Company!

Current Employee - Certified Nurses Aide in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Certified Nurses Aide in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great supportive work environment. Competitive wages. The office is very open and welcoming. MGA is the best employer I have ever had!

Cons

MGA does not offer good benefits to all their employees. There is a retirement plan, but they only match fifty cents to the dollar. No insurance.

Disappointed Certified Nurse Assistant who never got a chance.

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MGA Healthcare

Pros

I enjoyed my phone interview with the recruiter about my job skills, and I felt I was a good fit to work for MGA Health Care, because I was told they had lots of work to keep me busy at different locations in my area.

Cons

I tried to follow the hiring process and did everything required I needed to do to start working, but to my disappointment I never was able to work like promised by Pete, because he said he needed to be able to rely on me that I would show up for work. So on this note, I was never given any job assignments, except once, but then to my disappointment someone called me to tell me it was cancelled because they had enough staff for that assignment. So I was forced to continue my unemployment benefits because of no work from your company.

Please do not make someone follow the hiring process, for example, completing an application, including turning in your Driver's license, Social Security Card, CNA license, CPR Certificates, and taking tests for nothing, because It is very disappointing when company lies to you that you are hired and will be working as soon as everything is completed, but will never get the chance to work. This was not fair to a law abiding U.S. citizen. Thank you for nothing.

3. One big fraternity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and benefits are great

Cons

I have never worked for a company where crude talk, inappropriate behavior and racial comments were acceptable. It's a staffing agency for nurses so the level of professionalism should be upheld to a high standard. Instead it's like being in a frat house, there's make shift tables for desks and no privacy for talking with clients/customers without hearing the person behind you cursing or talking nasty about something or someone. There's no work life balance, this atmosphere is like nothing I've ever witnessed before.

Do not tolerate this type of behavior, you're opening this company to a lawsuit.

5. Okay Place to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of free alcohol; managers were approachable and fun.

Cons

They work you to the ground and only few people know how to do anything. It's basically a frat house sometimes.

6. This group has great crew!!!

Current Intern - Surgical Technologists in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Surgical Technologists in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MGA Healthcare as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Their professionalism is right on, while expediting the per diem positions for the various hospitals in the area. I worked in San Mateo, and in San Francisco.

Cons

There are a lot of operating rooms with the lights out due to the situation with the new law of Obamacare, the census' are down with elective surgery's and people have to come up with significant OOP expense. (that they are not accustom to paying).

7. Not for me

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The owner of the company is a great man. He makes everyone feel like they matter, and thats every day. I'd classify him as genius. Their mentoring system is great, doesn't matter who it is they'll take the time to help coach you. This location is the corporate headquarters and it's a beautiful building with a great view. Being able to go to work everyday with Charles, another GREAT man.

Cons

At work minimum of 10 hours a day, lunch break sometimes, with no overtime. How hard you work or how many people I staffed it doesn't matter. There were 3 guys on my team. An account manager, and two other recruiters. All best friends two living with each other. How hard I worked and how many contracts I filled didn't matter. I staffed contracted electricians and my show up rate was top and I had guys available for every city which are the metrics we're graded by. Didn't matter if I was better because the Account Manger will always chose to use his roommates electrician. Upper management who's in charge of day to day operations didn't get to see who's doing good or any work because they don't look. They listen to the account managers word for it and reasonably so. But in my case his roommate got to play on the computer and look at espn all day for the three months I was there and then I got fired. I lost my job because I wasn't best friends with my co-workers and didn't go out drinking every night or at lunch with them. Truth. Good guys, just no one I'd see out of work. A shame this company doesn't look at the details of the bottom guy. I spent a couple nights going out with the co-founder, Charles, one on one as to show that Its not like I didn't have any friends within.

Look at the details, realize who's doing what. It's a shame that no one looked at the black and white and such a negative untrue picture could have been painted and believed. This was my first time recruiting and I wasn't given a training until my 3rd month, I was fired two days later.

Professional recruiters and clinical staff who are there to really help.

Current Employee - Home Health RN in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Home Health RN in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MGA Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've only been with the company a few weeks, but the whole staff is amazing. They made me feel wanted and so worthy. Doing home health is new to me, but the encouragement and training has allowed me to be assured and confident in my abilities.

Cons

Right now, there is now insurance. This is going to change in 2014 so it is only a minor setback. Sometimes it seems the way of turning in paperwork is unique, but again, I believe this will also be improved upon with EMR and computer access for the clinical staff.

Keep up the great work. I am more than happy to be working with such a great team.

9. recruiter for nurses in la

I have been working at MGA Healthcare

Pros

meet nurses and hospital personnal

Cons

meet nurses and people in the la area