MGIC Investment

MGIC Investment Chairman and CEO Curt S. Culver

Curt S. Culver

Great Company, Great people

Claims Representative (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsA good management team with good midwestern values

Conslocated in milwaukee which is cold

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing

Nice place to work

Claims (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat facilities, amazing programs for employees, clear communication, take the time to train employees, access to a great gym for employees

Consbad parking situation, hiring/promotion decisions somewhat political, questionable work/life balance for claims department vs other departments, lots of "dead weight" in employees that have been there forever

Advice to Senior Managementkeep in mind that people in claims are working extremely hard, realize that some of employees that have been with company forever are complacent and don't always work hard, make affordable parking options available to employees commuting from suburbs

LOOOOOVE MGIC!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsMGIC has excellent benefits, treat employees well, has great senior management, salary is competitive and work/life balance IS THE BEST!! 37.5 hour work weeks. Lots of room to move about company. Great focus on employees and show appreciation for their employees in lots of ways. SUPER FLEXIBLE schedules to accommodate everyone. Company donates money to charities and has scholarships available to employee's children. Senior management has great knowledge. Employee turnover is super low and re-hire rate is ridiculous because the company is a great place to work for.

ConsParking downtown is pricey. And there's a 15 year waiting list for company parking.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsGreat people, team players, fair

Consheadquarters is in Wisconsin. To far for more opportunites

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice, my manager was excellent.

hmmmmm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe pay was above average, the benefits are outstanding, and work/life balance was great as pretty much everyone leaves by 5:30.

ConsRaises were either not enough to keep up with inflation or non-existant. Management is short-sighted (i.e. concerned with the next quarter while ignoring long-term consequences) and communication from management was not entirely complete.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication to the employees about what is truly going on within the business. If things are bad then be honest with the employees. Don't send out "warm & fuzzy" emails that simply aim to make everyone feel better.

Hold management and middle management accountable for their decisions.

MGIC WAS a good company!!!!!

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe pay is great...providing you negotiate heavily coming in. Raises are low so make sure you get the cash upfront. The fitness center is really nice and the location is great. The key is to get on a good team.

ConsSenior management is a joke. They promote people to management because they are good at their job not because they would make a good manager. A great programmer does NOT equal a great IT manager. I was unable to negotiate for additional vacation time so I went from 25 days down to 10 days. Parking is $7 per day in the public garage. MGIC parking garage has a 16 year waiting list. The guy next in line was on the list since 1992.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you ask employees to rate their managers, listen to that feedback. If a team has 50% turnover 2 years in a row, maybe it's the manager????

Enjoyed my time for the most part until it was over.

Loss Mitigation Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsMade good money as a consultant and was given a good amount of freedom initially. Co-workers were nice to work with for the most part.

ConsHome office management respected home office personnel over the more talented and experienced group that they had in the field. Secretive and somewhat back handed management. Due to the company's steady decline the past few years, management seemed concerned with covering their own territories.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the company survives they don't need any advice.

Worked for MGIC Investment? Contribute to the Community!