MGIC Investment

Be The First To
Add Photos

MGIC Investment Chairman and CEO Curt S. Culver

Curt S. Culver

Good pay and excellent benefits.

Wisconsin (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsManagement works hard to keep morale up.

ConsDealing with too many bosses.

MGIC

Contract Underwriter (Former Employee) Remote, OR

ProsGreat/ user friendly computer system and access to investor guidelines. Excellent support from management , supervisors and co workers.

ConsLack of benefits as contractor

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, always there for me.

Underwriter

Underwriter (Current Employee)

ProsGreat salry, benefits, stability and longevity. Company culture is great with excellent experienced people in place to facilitate success.

ConsThere are no negative comments at this time. The only thing I would comment about is that for those who are looking to advance, the opportunities are slim as most employees stay within their positions for many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement for the most part is very responsive and clearly identify expectations and job performance goals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am having an enjoyable experience with MGIC.

Claims Examiner (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThere seems to be a genuine concern for the employees and the employee environment.

ConsThere could be more attention to the schedule for claims and the production requirements. The requirements seem to be discriminatory.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the employee suggestions.

Lacked career advancement opportunities

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsEasy work for great pay. Overall a good group of co workers. Close to home. Good area to work in.

ConsNo room for advancement. Waited 10 years to be trained as an underwriter and it never came to fruition. They would hire external people to fill internal positions. Management were all biding their time until they retired. They did not listen to employee concerns. Fostered a "just be lucky you have a job" attitude amongst all employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee concerns. Give them a chance to prove themselves worthy of more responsiblity.

Still struggling with its claims backlogs from the housing crisis and great recession.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsCompany beginning to turn the corner, but handling of rescissions from crisis will impede rebound. Many clients are smarting from the companies methods of claim denials. Moving to a purchase money business will help NIW and persistency and profitability. Improving values will help default rates. Could this finally be some light at the end of the tunnel?

ConsHigh levels of uncertainty, stability and lack of internal opportunity. Company continues to be in a retrenching.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little humbleness would go a long way.

Save IT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people at MGIC are their most powerful and positive asset. The longevity of the staff is amazing in these days and times. This company in its original form gave me a GREAT deal of opportunities for advancement of my skills and position.

ConsMGIC use to have a very cooperative environment. Sadly, recently changes have been put in place that not only impede but forbid communication between individuals trying to get a product/project completed. It use to be everyone would chip in to help get things done but recently MGIC (and IT in specific) has become a shark tank were you do your best to point out what everyone else is doing wrong so you don't fall into the bottom 10%. This company has done a complete 180 in their mentality which is sad because its the quality of communication and compassion that have seen this company through some really awful economic times in the last several years.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the precepts of change management!

Family first environment... loved it!

Underwriter (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsGreat working environment with competitive pay.

ConsNothing negative about this company.

Just so-so

IT Director (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsRelatively stable company to work for, have to admit

ConsPeople stay there forever which causes lack of innovation

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visionary

overall, pretty good

Claims Examiner (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGood base salary / clean and nice work environment

ConsMGIC hires mostly people on contract with the lure that you might get hired. MGIC actual employees have great benefits & vacation - while on contract you get 1 day off every 400 hours worked. In other words that is 5 days a year and that includes sick time. Also Contract employees cannot use the gym.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints, overall management is very friendly.

Worked for MGIC Investment? Contribute to the Community!