MHA Group

Jim Merritt

Overall a good experience

Search Consultant (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat training
    Good group of people to work with
    Good financials after a few years

ConsLong hours
    Can have unrealistic expectations
    The physicians view all recruiters as used car salesmen

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good experience for first sales job, but if you are experienced in sales they work too hard and not smart enough

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people. They definitely hire charismatic, smart people.

ConsBeing a recruiter, not so bad because you aren't micromanaged. Being a marketer, old school sales tactics, and micromanagement

Advice to Senior ManagementIf its working to churn and burn then keep doing what you are doing. If you decide that you want to retain more marketers you will have to change your work style and that means employing managers that are actually good managers not just good marketers, who also understand what the younger generation is expecting in a job.

its tough but the potential for a career is there

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosyou know your goals and if you hit them you can earn 6 figures. it is an interesting industry and MH is an industry leader.

Conslong hours, frustrating difficult job. not a lot of support from upper management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Essentially a sales job

Research Consultant (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsClear about goals and what is expected.
    Sales training is very organized and structured

ConsLong hours
    Low Pay
    A lot of negativity amonst employees.

M.H. has given me the opportunity to grow & develop as a professional and also earn an income that is unmatched

Senior Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Prosmoney, professional growth, leadership opportunity, stability

ConsA large amount of your income is production based. If you aren't self motivated daily, you will most likely fail or be below average at best

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to change. Some are and some aren't so much

Great money if you can survive.

Sales (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat compensation for high performers - up and out culture. If you aren't making $100k after 15 months, pack your bags. Solid territories that have been well marketed.

ConsDog-eat-dog environment. Company is known for dangling a carrot and then switching the incentive when it's reached (higher goal with smaller territory). Face time is highly encouraged so people don't take lunches or leave at the end of the day for fear of being perceived as a slacker.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on client relationships more. Work on employee retention. Bring in individuals without outside experience to show what might be possible.

Overall good experience.

Search Consultant (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThere is plenty room for career advancement.

ConsWhen I was there, tons of employee turnover.

meat grinder

Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosindustry leader, growing market, definite need, good training

Consdidnt care about clients once deal was signed, only wanted next sale, created atmosphere of fear, would fire and replace people rather than let them build reputation and trust in territory. numbers were the only thing that mattered.

Advice to Senior Managementfind the good people and let them stay and build relationships with the clients. clients are tired of the revolving door sales person

Great Company with Proven Success in the Market

Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsAbility to make 100K and more within 18 months. Great training. Great support from VPs. Everyone wants you to succeed. They have a proven process that when you use it correctly it makes you successful. The company is growning and they want you to grow with it. I think that anyone with a hunger and a drive to be successful should take this job.

ConsNone to think of at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Think very carefully before accepting offer

Manager In Training (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood Benefits and excellent training.

ConsExpectations can be unrealistic. You are expected to perform in an industry that's product is "people" which are unpredictable. You are expected to make 100 calls a day despite the 6 hours of training a day that are expected. They seem to a have a mentality that "We invented this industry, we are the best, so this is how its' always been done and how we are going to keep doing it, despite changes in the market place." They operate on a script and at this level of sales not all clients want to hear a "script." Its really a churn and burn kind of environment. 1 or 2 out of 10 may make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some managers that have actually managed at other companies instead of just at MH. I think the company needs some new blood or atleast managers from other divisions that don't operate with a "bully mentality." Most manager seemed to be of the same mindset and lacked diversity of experience and culture.

Worked for MHA Group? Contribute to the Community!