MHM Services

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Laid back

Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - PAYROLL Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

no pressure, no one watching over everything you do, open for suggestions

Cons

Turn over in hourly is unbelievable

Put yourself on the hourley employees level

This company SUCKS!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At least you have a job.

Cons

They don't pay you the right amount that you earned. You accrue all this leave, but are not allowed to use it d/t "coverage needs". The regional manager is verbally abusive, and talks about you behind your back to medical staff, which gives you a bad reputation amongst your peers. And she is a pathological liar. State management does not care what goes on on the site, as long as that money from the contract is coming in. Quick to fire, slow to hire. Then they expect the remaining employees to pick up the slack, like we don't have lives of our own. Advice to the wise if you are looking for a decent job: RUN Forrest! RUN!!!

Fire yourself. Replace yourself with people who are equitable, fair, and true professionals.

Dispensable

Current Employee - Mental Health in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Mental Health in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Health insurance is good. Benefits as far as paid days off is a joke because you have to find your own coverage

Cons

You are Dispensable! They don't care about employees and prove this in the way they treat workers. Regional manager lies and will say anything to make himself sound good but doesn't follow through. As long as they have a warm body they don't care about the quality of or the competency of that worker. The work environment is filthy. The regional manager is famous for saying if workers don't like things than they can leave., whether the worker's concern is valid or not. There is so much disorganization and lack of communication that it creates a chaotic work environment. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! The very worst management I have ever been witness to. I will never work for a contract provider ever again.!

Come to the actual work place and know your workers and conditions of workplace

Unpredictable, Unethical, Unprofesdional, poorly Qualified supervisors (Unlicensed)

Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MHM Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are absolutely no cons to working for this employer

Cons

Extremely low employee morale, many complaints about direct supervisor (coordinator) as well as with regional office (program manager and above), licensed professionals are supervised by UNLICENSED persons, poor compensation, difficult to use earned leave, you are dispensable and only needed to fill a shift, employees disclose feeling threatened to lose their jobs, clients are not valued and are provided substandard services.

Advice to COO: clean house and get a team of persons who do not lose focus of the company's so-called mission (if they even have one). For all we know their mission could be to provide the minimum of services with the least of resources. Forget about ethics!!

Company with bad reputation of treatment of employees...

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You WILL be hired for the job because they desperately need employees (clinicians/counselors).

Cons

Too many to list. See review summary.

I was totally unaware of the extremely low employee morale upon hire. My first day there I was confronted with disgruntled employees who were responsible for "training" me. Everyone has issues with the direct supervisor as well as with regional management. Almost every employee there was actively seeking other employment. In the shirt number of months I was there, 5 employees departed. Compensation is extremely poor, considering YOU must be licensed, experienced, knowledgable, and willing to work in an at risk environment. However, YOU will be supervised by unlicensed persons. You earn a generous amount of leave, but will have difficulty when you try to use it. You will be hired for the position because they are always in desperate need of someone to fill a shift for the moment, hour, day, or week. Know that you are dispensable and when you showthat you have a backbone you will be considered unvooperative and targeted. If you attempt to get any issues resolved utilizing regional management, they will inform the other party (direct supervisor) and collectively go against you. Many employees express feeling threatened (to lose their jobs) on a basis. The tension amongst the staff is unbelievable. Neither are you or the clientele are valued. MHM's only concern is meeting the minimum requirements of their contract. Know, they recently LOST their contract for the Delaware corrections facility due to their poor performance. Best of luck.