MHM Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Michael S. Pinkert

1. Company has potential to be better.

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at MHM Services (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment. Work life balance. Great PDO! Company events. Company/Employee involvement. The company itself is growing. Easy to get along with everyone. I can say of all pros and cons, overall my experience with MHM was valuable and a good learning experience.

Cons

Non-competitive pay unless in management or in an executive level, MHM is at its lowest in pay compared to other companies based on research. No growth unless someone leaves, instead more boring workload is given to be labeled as growth. Gossip is pretty common, high, and contagious. Don't expect to talk to management or a co-worker in confidence and expect it not to come back full circle with a different perspective of what was said. Management and departments don't always have the best intentions for its employees and can be self-serving. Constant changes that cause instability. There is a tug of war going on between two higher authorities in Corporate, a lot of power and stubbornness making it difficult for the department to foresee what lies ahead. High turnover, which is probably partially due to some of these cons.

Advice to Management

Rather than taking feedback lightly, or asking for feedback just to get offended in return, or instead of asking for feedback just to make matters worse, listen to what the employees are saying and make a change to keep them.

2. MHM is an Excellent Company

Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

MHM cares for staff, has a heart for social services, and works hard to provide the best employment experiences to all levels of staff!

Cons

We have grown quickly and have played "catch up" in some departments, but over-all there really are no Cons of working for MHM!

3. Great culture!

Current Employee - IT Management in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - IT Management in Vienna, VA

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MHM focuses on continual improvement. They invest in their employees with training. The employee culture is very positive - I work with staff all across the country and it's rare to work with someone who is negative. Everyone tends to work very well together. Communication to the staff is good and always getting better. They make sure the staff understand the company goals. 28 days of PDO starting in year 1 is awesome! I am empowered to make decisions and get work done - I truly feel like I was hired for my knowledge and am allowed to use it to help make the company better.

Cons

We're at the mercy of the state client's timing/schedule and budgets. So sometimes we have to rush to get things done and get financially creative to solve problems. Of course that's par for the course when you are a state government contractor! So I guess it's not totally a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep the information flowing and make sure we're all aware of any goal/plan changes so we can use that with our decision making.

cut throat

Former Employee - Program Director in Calif City, CA
    Former Employee - Program Director in Calif City, CA

I worked at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

When they take over an existing company their tactics are highly manipulative and deceitful. They will destroy your career as part of their strategy if it serves a purpose. Never ever work for these snakes!

6. Registered Nurse

Former Employee - Regustered Nurse in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Regustered Nurse in Memphis, TN

I worked at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none that I can think of.

Cons

Worse job I ever had. Harassment, bullying, discrimination. Expect you to work because call-offs are out of control. The gossip is rampant. Management sucks. You never know if employees are going to show up and if they do are they going to stay for the whole shift. Employees come and go as they please with no repercussions. They will write you up for anything and everything even if there is no real grounds to prevent a law suit.

Advice to Management

Get professional people who know how to manage.

7. Great opportunity

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Vienna, VA

I worked at MHM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level help desk get full domain access, OTJ training, and the chance to travel around the country. Management staff is results driven but work hard to give you what you need to get those results. Fast paced environment mix between an it call center, field services, and executive support The chance to work on products that normal help desk personal would never get access to. Team is very diverse with multiple specialties making almost any issue an easy one to address.

Cons

-pay increases are low between 1 and 2% -chances for advancement low because the it department is very small

Advice to Management

Keep of the good work of building a good team.

Administration is worse than garbage

Pros

There is nothing this company offers that is worth working for them. Profit is number one, actual quality patient care does not exist.

Cons

Ethically challenged administrative staff, recruiters, management. Factually challenged, difficulty w/ transparency and telling the truth. Unprofessional, especially Ms's Crook, Love and Washburn.

Advice to Management

Go into a different line of business. Carnival work comes to mind

9. MHM

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverhill, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverhill, MA

Pros

Pays well. Large company with resources. Reasonable hours. Good vacation package. Central office is very active.

Cons

Automatic deductions for lunch. No sick time. If you are sick you must use ypur earned time which is also used to vacation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If a lot of people are leaving, take a look at their supervisor. If 7 people leave in a short amount of time, there lies the problem.

Mh counselor

Former Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Rockmart, GA
    Former Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Rockmart, GA

I worked at MHM Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent , great staff

Cons

Safety of staff was not priority

Administrative assistant

Pros

Self paced, overtime allowed & very friendly staff

Cons

the pay is very minimal considering the work load.

Advice to Management

Increase pay

RSS Feed </> Embed