MHM Services Reviews

1.9
Michael S. Pinkert

1. Great

I have been working at MHM Services

Pros

Benefits, training, office culture, opportunities

Cons

Location. location, promotions, promotions, location

Happy to take a cut of your hourly earnings, not so happy to do anything to earn it.

Current Contractor - IT Professional, State of Nevada in Carson City, NV
    Current Contractor - IT Professional, State of Nevada in Carson City, NV

I have been working at MHM Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They have a contract with the State of Nevada. Beyond that, they offer nothing. I have no idea why Nevada money is flowing out of the state to these people.

Cons

They don't care at all about their contractors, only about maintaining their free-flowing pipeline of crummy temp jobs. If it's their employee vs. the State, the employee is on their own.

Treat your employees like employees rather than like little annuities that you just feed off of. Pretend that you are involved in the work that your employees do.

Do not work here!

Former Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Framingham, MA

I worked at MHM Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience for a new social worker. Paid CEUs. Challenging situations that make you grow. If you can work in this environment, you can work anywhere.

Cons

Absolutely no work/life balance. You are penalized for taking time off or going to doctor's appointments. In order to keep up with the work load, you are forced to work extremely long days. Management encourages staff to to be cut throat. After I left, I was told it is "policy not to give references."

Don't reward managers who bully and harass staff members. Have an HR representative in the prison so you know what is going on in the prison, especially when you receive complaints about management.

This Company takes full advantage of you

I have been working at MHM Services

Pros

-Base pay is competitive.
    -PTO is generous.

Cons

-Flawed leadership.
    -Senior level management is the epitome of micromanagement.
    -Senior level management's directives and requests create confusion among the staff.
    -You will spend endless hours in meetings.
    -You are constantly in "fire drill" mode.
    -Unfavorable work/life balance. Expect to work long hours and weekends.
    -Staff members completely ignore other staff members and act as if they don't even exist.

Management should treat staff with respect and reflect on their style of management. Micromanaging staff only ends up hurting the company in the long run.

If things don't change soon not worth the job.

Current Employee - Clinical in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Clinical in Concord, NH

I have been working at MHM Services

Pros

Best part is working with the inmates.

Cons

Poor communication and non-supportive directors. Limited time off. Unrealistic expectations of staff. They don't care about thecrmoyees on the ground level, which are the clinical staff. Major staff turnover! They believe staff is replaceable and don't makethe effortto invest in a supportive collaborative work environment.

Support your employees and increase availability.

Worst experience of my 30 year career

Former Employee - Manager in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Fresno, CA

I worked at MHM Services

Pros

only if you are starving

Cons

Very poor communication with supervisors. No orientation or training. They suck people in use them and replace them for younger staff with little experience for much less pay. When I left this company they gave me my last months pay in the form of a debit card. I could only withdraw $400.00 per day and was charged $3.50 every time I used it, need I say more!

How do you teach morality? If you find a way I recommend you take the course.

NEVER work for this company.

Current Employee - Clincian
    Current Employee - Clincian

I have been working at MHM Services

Pros

Great base pay. Generous paid time off.

Cons

Absolutely no support from management at your site or at the corporate level. Very poor management. Management is very power hungry and nasty to employees, especially nurses. Clinicians are treated with disrespect. VERY high turnover. Unethical company. They hire you to give medical care to inmates, then make you justify everything you do, and then deny as much medical care as they can. Lawsuits waiting to happen. Little resources to give medical care. No care for career growth or leaning. Very greedy company that does not want to spend money on good care.

Care about your staff (low turn over is a money saver and they are less likely to bash your company on the internet). Respect your providers. Listen to their suggestions and ideas. Understand they are trying to give good care and in doing so keep the company off the front page of the paper. Get rid of the bad management. They are a big reason for high medical staff turn over. Giving good medical care may cost some money, but it's cheaper than lawyers and lawsuits. So if you only think in dollars, think about that.

Do not work here

I have been working at MHM Services

Pros

Alot of paid time off

Cons

Management is horrible. They have no management skills and dont care about their employees. Management needs to be trained in management skills. They have a HUGE turnover rate and I am on my way out of here like the others. I couldnt even last a year here. Its not worth the stress. They can not keep anybody because management does not appreciate the employees. Their is no advancement opportunity what so ever and management is so sneaky and only care about themselves. The pay is low and their are no real raises. Only a couple cents once a year. Managers do not care about the professional growth of employees. I would not recommend MHM services to anyone.

Reorganize your managers. Train your managers so that they know how to manage employees. A company is only as good as their employees. If employees are not happy then the company will not be successful.

Challenging but rewarding

Current Employee - Mental Health Professional in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Professional in Boston, MA

I have been working at MHM Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent clincical experience, pay is great for an entry level social work position, they will hire you as license eligible, good vacation time, they provide weekly supervision by a licensed clinician, extensive training/orientation, flexible hours, management is supportive, CEU reimbursement, decent benefits.

Cons

Can be a stressful working environment, while the training was extensive, at times it was repetitive, can be challenging to take vacation at times due to the workload.

Be aware of the caseload each staff member is managing, as well as traits unique to each site that may impact how busy clinicians are.

Run, don't walk away from this company

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Worcester, MA

I worked at MHM Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are experienced and worked for prior contractor they will suck you in with decent pay rate and benefit package. In time will likely force you out and hire new staff for much less pay

Cons

unethical , underhanded management. will throw underlings under the bus.
     will fire long-term experienced employees, and hire young inexperienced for less pay/benefits. Dishonest. Have ruined careers and lives.

Grow a conscious. Stop lying to protect your own backsides. Don't know how you people sleep at night!