MHNet Specialty Services

Profile Unclaimed

MHNet Specialty Services Reviews

2.9

CEO

Fair experience in briefing, presenting, counseling in military.

Current Employee - Military & Family Life Counselor in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Military & Family Life Counselor in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at MHNet Specialty Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Weekly clinical supervision supports questions, situations, politics.
    2. Military & Family Life Counselors (MFLC) licensed at Masters or Doctoral level are for the most part friendly, supportive, and informative.

Cons

1. Income ceiling is low for doctoral licensees.
    2. Much MFLC work is awaiting on-call walk-in or phone appointments.
    3. Much study involved in military culture, forms completion, administration, security, etc.

Assumptions are misleading, you need someone on the ground observing MFLCs working. In the absence of observation, anecdotal reports of Team leads and experienced MFLC mislead.
    2. When qualified individuals are not optimized, they move on. MHN is working blind as no one observes MFLC presentations.

MHNET Review

Former Employee - Inpatient Case Management in Casselberry, FL
    Former Employee - Inpatient Case Management in Casselberry, FL

I worked at MHNet Specialty Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are mostly social workers & licensed mental health professionals. They are knowledgeable, client oriented, and helpful

Cons

Middle management is all about micro-management; criticizing when mistakes are made, cliques with employees that aim to keep the boss happy, performance reviews that dredge up past mistakes without any recourse to correct them prior to a review.

Middle management personnel should have learned how to manage before being promoted to this position. They must utilize positive methods to foster individual employees.

The pay is not worth the headache.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at MHNet Specialty Services

Pros

I got a great insiders look at how mental health insurance works and this has helped a great deal in my endeavors after I left.
    There were some good co-workers.
    The pay was good for the industry and great for a social worker in Austin, TX.

Cons

There is virtually no communication laterally or vertically. The only time I ever heard from either my boss, or upper management, was when there was a problem. The work environment was very tense and lots of nepotism/favoritism. The computer systems were antiquated and very difficult to work with, frequently going down. The work load was unrealistic at times and expectations were too.

Come out of your offices! And monitor your middle management. They put on airs to save their own positions while throwing your "soldiers on the ground" under the bus. And figure out your computer systems. They are antiquated and very difficult to work, loosing you time and money.

It was "Ok", Management was not fair and a coulpe of them were not very friendly.

Former Employee - Claims Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at MHNet Specialty Services

Pros

M-F job, hours were great 10:30 am - 7:00 pm

Cons

Huge turn over rate and unfair amangement.

I feel that certain management showed favortism, were backstabbers and were not fair.

Good Place To Work - Stable and Nice People

Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MHNet Specialty Services

Pros

Really enjoyed to the team atmosphere - the people are all striving the common good of the company and everyone pitches in. Excellent and competent employees at this company. I also think that generally that management does care deeply about the clients they are serving, and has in mind the overall well-being of the people they are serving. It's a good thing to work for a company that treats it's clients this way.

Cons

Management is not pro-active enough.

Nothing I can think of!

MHN

Former Employee - Associate in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in San Rafael, CA

I worked at MHNet Specialty Services

Pros

MHN's mission is admirable but it is lost in its processes.

Cons

Horrid management - recycles the same players in different roles - suffers from group think.

Shake it up - bring in or promote those that add diversity of thought.

YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE

Current Employee - Intake Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intake Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at MHNet Specialty Services

Pros

The atmosphere is great. the location is a tourist attraction so you get see people from all nationalities. They compensate their employees well for the positions that they offer.

Cons

It way too strict as far as being on time including a short lunch and 2 short breaks. There is also way to much micro management. Some of the people who work there are not that nice.

Look into giving people a longer lunch time and watch who you let mentor your new hires. News hires are apprehensive and need to be embraced as well as coached in a positive and unconfrontational way.