MIDCOM

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Barbara Cepinko

Overall a great experience and a great company. Good employees and a fun work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MIDCOM for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company. Great account managers. Good benefits. Great company culture. Good training. Great resources. IT guys are amazing. Experienced women owned company. The owners take care of their employees (lunches, BBQs, etc.)

ConsPromotions could be better tied to long term performance, but they do offer many incentives for making monthly quotas. Sometime favoritism is shown to the established employees- has a negative effect on morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to tell employees when and if there will be performance reviews.
Please don't talk about your personal political affiliations in the office place.

It was a BLESSING.

Admin Assistant (Former Employee)
Kapolei, HI

I worked at MIDCOM full-time for less than a year

ProsThe Pay Rate is awesome.

ConsMidcom and the company that i was working for didn't recognize or celebrate the same holidays so at times there were confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should have the same holidays as the company they are contracted with and not Midcom. A lot of confusion and loss of pay for the employee as well.

Mixed experience from the contractor and the client perspectives

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MIDCOM as a contractor for more than a year

Pros- Client base consists of large, well-known corporations.

- Contracting/consulting opportunities tend to be long term (12 months or longer).

- Recruiter returns emails and phone calls within 24 hours.

- Pay rates are at or slightly above market.

- Payroll is prompt every time.

- Internal payroll administrators flexible to work with...can call in hours in a pinch if a client's authorized signatories are unavailable.

Cons- Health care benefit was a real ripoff. I didn't purchase it when offered in mid-2010. If reading this review after September 30, 2013, then go through the California Insurance Exchange instead.

- 401(k) contributions are not matched (but this is typical for plans offered through contracting firms and temp agencies).

- Expense reimbursement is an absolute nightmare. The larger the payment due to the employee, the more likely MIDCOM's finance department will take full advantage of the 60-day "grace period" to cut a check. (Those 60 days are the maximum allowed by California law before an organization is subject to Labor Board penalties.) Until I read on here that MIDCOM had and evidently still has financial problems, I thought the company was merely trying to maximize interest on certain accounts!

This contrasts sharply with payroll. (Today, nontimely paychecks have the threat of jail time hanging over the heads of California employers.)

- The "no news is good news" attitude on the part of MIDCOM management when it comes to their contractors is frustrating at best. These MIDCOM representatives are laid back to the point where they will not counsel/discipline a contractor who falls short of client expectations. I became a team lead upon converting to regular, full-time employee status with MIDCOM's client in 2011, and my manager and I encountered this laissez-faire approach to performance management when we had issues with a MIDCOM contractor (whom we ultimately let go). The closest MIDCOM comes to communicating bad news to a contractor is when his or her gig has ended prematurely—and then MIDCOM phones the contractor.

Advice to Senior Management- Do whatever it takes to reimburse contract employee expenses on a set schedule—even if the client might be slow at paying MIDCOM—and include that schedule in your new contractor packets. These should have urgent priority. No contract employee should be subsidizing the company by dipping into their paychecks to cover expenses that should have been repaid 15+ days earlier!

- Practice actual performance management with underperforming or misbehaving contractors! They are your employees!! Failing to do so exposes your clients to potential co-employment charges in a wrongful termination situation.

Financial Troubles - too many bad decisions

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Anaheim, CA

I worked at MIDCOM full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, good atmosphere and up beat environment, many resources

ConsOwner is crazy, manager doesn't do anything and is a walking contradiction

Advice to Senior Managementreplace management & work on strengthening your employees with training

Around a long time- Do what they can for you!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Orange, CA

I have been working at MIDCOM full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThis company has been around a long time- they have a good group of people who have also worked there a long time so they value their employees. They treat employees and candidates with respect and have good client base. Management solves problems quickly

Conssometimes payroll does not respond right away- Account Execs mainly facilitate majority of communications -

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up- you obviously show your employees that you care- need a good balance of profit vs. empathy

Executive Assistant

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at MIDCOM full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to work for. Paid top dollar for the contract that I supported

ConsThey were out of state so did not have a local office

Place of Craziness

Anaheim, CA

I have been working at MIDCOM

ProsFun environment
Work schedule flexability
No hand holding
Very Laid Back

ConsIt is a crazy place to work. The people here are crazy. The company is very unorthodox which can be good but can also be a disaster.

Worked for MIDCOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MIDCOM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MIDCOM CEO Barbara Cepinko. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by MIDCOM employees.