MIND Research Institute Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Dr. Matthew Peterson

1. The most fulfilling job one can have!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MIND Research Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have a wonderful mission and you can see in everybody’s actions the desire to contribute and give back to the community. All my coworkers are VERY smart, genuine and humble. I’m surrounded by brilliant minds and passionate individuals: mathematicians, software engineers, neuroscientists and former teachers. People, problem solving and learning are the core values of the organization. We do live by those values, therefore those that don’t share the same values may also find it difficult to align with the organization. There is not a single day that I go home without learning something new! I love working here!

Cons

I’m not sure it is a con. Employees are expected to go above and beyond their role, so if you are creative and entrepreneurial you stand a higher chance for success. If not, you may struggle to follow.

Advice to Management

Keep the high standards, so we continuously attract highly capable, altruistic and innovative talents to our organization.

2. Director

I worked at MIND Research Institute full-time

Pros

People were great, for the most part

Cons

Organization kept reorganizing...jobs changed weekly

3. I love working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

freedom to pursue meaningful work, working with teachers and kids to improve math education is rewarding. Lots of smart and dedicated people. Having been a teacher and worked for other education companies I can say I would not want to be any where else. No for-profit companies can match the climate and passion.

Cons

salary could be higher, but there are trade offs in every job. Wish we had unlimited budget to invent new things.

Advice to Management

empower people to innovate, there are a lot of really bright people at MIND

Who's Next?

Current Employee - Partnerships in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MIND Research Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone knows what a great program ST Math is for students. JiJi the mascot is practically a household name! Kids love learning math with the Penguin! Students who struggled with Math find success often for the first time.

Cons

We just lost our CAO, who was AMAZING! ...the best thing that happened to MIND in years! All because senior management felt threatened by his honesty and popularity in a company yearning for a leader and protector of the employees who give their hearts and souls to this organization. Anyone willing to tell the truth is GONE! Fear and insecurity drive the top rung...boring!

Advice to Management

Get new senior management

Let's be honest

Current Employee - Partnerships in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MIND Research Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

best math product on the market

Cons

Customer service is failing. Complaints are in the news about how we don't respond or listen to our customer needs. Leadership has fallen apart since the departure of Ted Smith, and the company culture is even worse than before...full of fear and distrust. Not to mention we are currently involved in a law suit that everyone is denying. A good program alone can't stand on bad leadership. I have serious concerns on our future success with our current management team.

Advice to Management

get a new CEO

Great Company and Product

I have been working at MIND Research Institute full-time

Pros

Great product, which helps students understand math at a deeper level. Some employees are able to work remotely. Excellent health/dental/vision benefits that have a relatively low employee cost. Most importantly, everyone loves JiJi!

Cons

Being a non-profit, salaries may not be the highest.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with benefits, employee development programs, and room for advancement.

LOVE Working at MIND

Pros

MIND Research Institute is an amazing organization and terrific place to work. Team - especially leadership - is innovative, collaborative, creative, generous and transparent. Training is constant and effective. Most importantly the mission of the organization is meaningful and at the center of the organization's culture.

Cons

MIND is fast moving, nimble and growing quickly. If you're looking for an organization where things are monotonous and you don't like being challenged (in a good way) this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you already do so well - keeping the mission at the center and the quality of the program and culture as the priorities.

Love working with JiJi!

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MIND Research Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has improved a lot on the benefits and management over the past year.

Cons

We don't seem to stop growing...

10. Mission focused - and making a big difference!

Current Employee - Management in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MIND Research Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products that help kids learn math Smart, creative, and passionate team Seeking new, creative ways to engage students in learning math Gaining traction around the USA (is the world next???) Very nice facility, and great working conditions Improving benefits (just added the 401k match - Thank You!)

Cons

Still a small company (with big aspirations), so there are growth pains.

Advice to Management

Keep offering the best product possible.

JiJi Fan

Pros

It's a great place to work!

Cons

Going through a lot of changes.

RSS Feed </> Embed