MINDBODY Reviews

172 reviews filtered by
4.4
MINDBODY Co-Founder & CEO Rick Stollmeyer
Rick Stollmeyer

Pros
  • Work life balance is outstanding as were the benefits (in 14 reviews)

• Great Product, Customers are usually people who love health and wellness which is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • San Luis Obispo is located four hours from both Los Angeles and San Francisco, so that can be an adjustment (in 7 reviews)

• With any young and growing company there are growing pains (in 11 reviews)

Sales Specialist

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It appears to be an incredible work environment. Everyone I have met within the company is passionate about their job and about health and wellness. MINDBODY offers a fantastic starting salary for full time employees they also offer an unbeatable benefit plan.

Cons

I just started with MINDBODY and I see absolutely no cons of working with the company. This is a great company to work for if you want to have fun at work, and if you are passionate about health and wellness. MINDBODY supports a good cause, for that reason I see no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Management! You are hiring passionate and enthusiastic people which makes the work environment unbeatable.

2. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY part-time

Pros

Very easy to manage. Quota is not that hard to fulfill. Make more than minimum wage. Competetive

Cons

Not that much money. Starting to get hard to find new leads

3. Amazing place to work!

I worked at MINDBODY full-time

Pros

You get to work at a Fortune 500 company where there are beer Fridays and a company party once a month. My manager was very insightful and created a positive and productive atmosphere for the sales department. I really enjoyed how this company cares about their employees. The benefits are very generous as well. I would recommend working here to anyone.

Cons

The cons and the reason I no longer work here is that you better make sure that the job you take is what you want to be doing. Sales is not my forte and now I work in Marketing and enjoy what I do. It was a great learning experience though. As far as cons for the company, I didn't really experience any. Management is key and they really have a great business model.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't ever change.

5. A rewarding company to work for that truly cares about the wellness of their employees

Current Employee - Software Test Technician in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Test Technician in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and understanding with your schedule.
    Opportunities to learn new skills for your position as well as meet other departments within the company.
    Monthly wellness spending stipend.
    Quarterly bonuses.
    Attentive and involved management.
    Opportunities to move up in the company.
    General atmosphere is always positive.
    Work Hard, Play Hard environment.
    Health benefits are great - full coverage is offered.
    401K matching.
    Company values and culture are actually in tune with each other and there is a genuine sense of compassion for each employee.

Cons

Sometimes the company is slow to enact changes in work processes due to the large size of the company.
    Communication can be tough with so many different and large teams so it is important to inform everyone twice to get a message across.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep in touch with your employees as the company grows in size. The culture we have now is ideal and in order to keep employees happy and feeling like they are fairly compensated it needs to stay that way. Keep up the solid work. We enjoy our management team.

Apr 10, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

I was just escorting a candidate today and talking about the importance of keeping in touch with employees as the company grows. You hit the nail on the head. We have to keep our culture as we grow ... More

6. Technical Support Specialist

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our CEO demonstrates all of our core values which is a big deal to me. One of the coolest things about MINDBODY is: we MUST make quarterly goals for ourselves and at the end of the quarter, have a meeting with our supervisors to make sure we're meeting our goals. Who wouldn't love working for a company that makes sure we're growing in our personal lives?

Cons

LOTS of new features that we have to learn on the fly, but that's what happens when the company is growing like weeds.

Advice to Management

I just want to say thank you for caring about your employees :)

Apr 10, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the review! Isn't it wonderful how we are kept to our goals in and outside of work? Some goals on my team this quarter are daily water drinking, creating compost bins, regular workouts ... More

7. Fun people, growth potential

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots of perks, cool tech company culture

Cons

management can be clueless and out of touch with what is actually going on. People get promoted or put in positions they aren't qualified for

Advice to Management

get to know the day to day of your department so you can address issues

8. VP of Global Sales

Current Employee - Vice President of Global Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Global Sales in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, Beauty - what more can you ask for

Cons

Growing fast hard to keep up

Amazing Company Culture

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MINDBODY really values their employee's. Great benefits, company culture and community feeling. Team building is really encouraged and you feel appreciated not only by your team but your higher ups. MB really encourages personal and professional development. The execs are really friendly, approachable and genuinely interested in everyone's role within the company. Hiring is taken very seriously in order to help preserve the amazing company culture, which is nice because everyone on the team has a voice in hiring.

Cons

The company is growing really fast, so processes are constantly changing and teams are moving to accommodate. Once you start to get the hold of one process and tools, there are new things to learn. Also because the company is growing so fast, the org chart is constantly changing and it can be hard to know who the POC is if you have questions.

Advice to Management

Consider updating the company org chart during new hire on-boarding process so that it's more up to date. Consider getting rid of outlook and go back to gmail. :)

Mar 26, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We love your concrete advice here. Updating org charts takes some time but that's actually a great idea to bring them into new hire on-boarding at least for explanation on ... More

10. Young, fun place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at MINDBODY

Pros

Flexibility, Relaxed culture, young enthusiastic culture

Cons

Growing pains of a growing company

Mar 23, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are certainly growing and we know this comes with some pains. Rest assured our processes and teams are scaling the best they can and it can only get better from here!

11. A dream come true.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in East Hampton, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in East Hampton, NY

I have been working at MINDBODY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In life, I used to think that I had to choose between financial success and fulfilling myself spiritually. thought that to be successful, I would have to sacrifice myself in some way, because that was my experience. When I saw the ad for MINDBODY Online in the local paper a few years ago, I thought it was too good to be true (something to the extend of "Do you WooHoo? Do you like an upbeat, fun work environment....etc.). I went in on the first interview with the mindset of "What's really going on here.....What's the catch?". The base pay was great to start and the commission potential is up to you. Not only that, but the perks could not align more with my soul. They have yoga, pilates, personal trainers,etc. coming in during the day for us. So, basically, we can get up and go take a class during our work day. We get great benefits and flex spending and 401K and everything else you can think of so I can take care of myself and my family. We even get money each month on a "wellness card" that we can spend at local fitness, wellness and beauty businesses. I bring in a big bag of fresh veggies in the beginning of the week and use the kitchen's awesome Vitamix to make myself a smoothie after yoga while I sit on my big orange bouncy ball, barefoot in yoga pants and talk to awesome business owners about the best software in the world. Usually, when companies grow, they start cutting these dreams to treat employees really well that they started out with and employees start to suffer. Not with MINDBODY. They are constantly giving us more. We have wellness challenges throughout the year where they gave me a fitbit, a personal trainer, a gym membership, a dietician and more. The core values are amazing: caring, humble, happy, continuously evolving, environmentally conscious. They do not skimp in the quality of the software so I feel good about the value and help that I am giving to my clients. The support, reliability, development, look, ease of use, functionality, etc. is all top notch so you can feel confident and good about what you are selling. If you truly care about small business owners (MINDBODY started out as a small business in a garage), then it is nothing less than an honor to be able to fit businesses that are pen and paper or using an unreliable or limited software with MINDBODY Online. It feels great to provide a solution and to know that you are giving your clients the best of the best. Since I have been with the company ( a little over 2 years) I have been able to build my family whilst receiving several promotions, traveled to trade shows and it just keeps getting better. I am able to support my family AND really LOVE what I do each day. I can't wait to wake up and put on my headset and see who I get to talk to that day. Hearing about the salons and spas that I am helping and meeting the awesome and unique business owners and hearing about their dreams is so fun and rewarding. They make me laugh because the business owners are just like me, they have families and dreams and goals and they are all abitious and inspiring! We had a great Christmas party this year and I won a gift card and at the last moment, one of our owners extended the party longer for us. That is just an example of the way we are cared for and taken into consideration with every move that we make as we continue to grow. We are constantly getting surveyed and asking what could be better. I wrote "meditation" on our last survey and I just got an email that a meditation workshop is coming. HR listens and truly cares about our hearts. We, as employees, are meant to feel safe, respected and appreciated. This, in turn, makes me work harder and want to do better and better for MINDBODY Online. The more responsibility and respect I get, the more I thrive and give and MINDBODY Online keeps helping me progress in my performance, talents and position. I have no doubt that if I sat down with the director and told them my honest needs or opinions, I would be heard. I am sure that there is no better culture than the MINDBODY Online culture. I have told many friends about my experiences and everyone looks at me with a dropped jaw so it is a rare gem of a company. If you truly are a good person, with an honest heart, are self motivated and a hard worker, there is no doubt that you will not only succeed, but thrive in this company. MINDBODY Online can bring out the best in you if you are willing. These are only a few of the perks and the reasons that this company is amazing. I literally feel lucky each day. Not everyone can say that they have an amazing job, family, friends, finances, etc. I can. It is ALL because MINDBODY has given me the opportunity to have a really, really great life. Security, happiness and potential is important in the workplace because it is where we spend so much time. I am so beyond grateful and I really mean it. I could go on and on but I think that I have made my point.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. I think that finding employees that are as good as MINDBODY Online in their values and heart is probably the only challenge. MINDBODY Online holds very high standards for their employees and in that sense, recruiting can be hard.

Advice to Management

Please do not stop dreaming. Thank you for not selling out your values and small business goals. Thank you for remembering what it is like to be an employee. I am so humbled and grateful to be part of our team and I hope that I bring as much value to your lives and you bring to mine. I am a loyal MINDBODian and I have so much confidence in your hearts, your decisions and your intentions. Thank you for allowing me to build and take care of my family and myself and thank you for doing the same for my colleagues.

Mar 23, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

I am reading this on a Monday morning and honestly this made my day! We value your honesty here and are SO so glad you have found a home at MINDBODY where you can come to work everyday and do what ... More